Thread: The LEASH

BBC SPONSOR

The LEASH

The Leash
    $350Mesa, Arizona
    The LEASH - Compatible with all OUTBOARDS
    The Leash is a patent pending product designed and engineered to reduce the risk of an outboard motor flipping into the cockpit of a boat in the event of an underwater strike with a submerged object.
    The Ultimate in MOTOR Saftey. The leash is to a motor what a seat belt is to you. Over the next few months, the waterways will begin to populate with boaters of all types. Underwater obstacles are hazardous, unfortunately, this will put some boaters life at risk.
    Purchase Yours today at www.lednightfishinglights.com

Attached Images Attached Images

2. BBC SPONSOR
    3]Hello BBC,

We here at The LEASH appreciate all the conversations going on about our product. As avid tournament fishermen and outdoorsmen our goal is to help make the sport we love a little safer and if we accomplish that our time , energy and efforts will have been well spent. There are several questions about our product and I will try and answer a few of them with this post.

The LEASH is a hand spliced/woven, high performance tether made with Vectran™ a high-performance multi filament yarn spun from liquid crystal polymer (LCP). It is the only commercially available melt-spun LCP fiber in the world ( Vectran™ was a critical part of NASA's Mars landing a year or so ago).

In the design and development of the LEASH many other yarns and synthetic fibers like Kevlar , Dyneema and others were considered. The LEASH has been strength tested at the SFI test facility in California and our product was found to have a 15,000 to 18,000 pound breaking strength. This was not simply a straight line/pull break test but rather a drop/shock test similar to what would occur in the event of an outboard striking an underwater object. Due to the Lawyer happy world we live in we make no claims about what The LEASH can and will due only that The LEASH will absorb a calculated amount of energy. Our tether , similar and lesser tethers are mandated in sanctioned Nascar, Indy Car , NHRA , MTRA, ETC. events to try and help protect the participants/driver as well as the spectators of these events.

Some have mentioned logging chains , cables, ropes , etc. strapped to the transom and if those products would make your time on the water safer then they would be worth your time , energy and efforts! I know when I am on the water with my friends, family and tournament partners safety is of the utmost of importance and the kill switch , PFD and LEASH are always on in my boats and for the price of a decent rod and reel combo for many its a bargain.

One final note The LEASH was the brainchild of our inventor who witnessed "THE ACCIDENT" first hand during a tournament resulting in the loss of life. Since then it has been a passion for all of us involved with the company to try and help make the sport "WE ALL LOVE" a little safer. Feel free to give us a call if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank You for your support,
    Scott Bird