Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to get air out of Power Pole lines?

I am running dual power poles and one of them bounces around more than the other. I was told to hold the on button for 20-30 seconds and repeat. but that hasnt helped. What can I do to make it firm like the other side?

2. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Go put it in the water and cycle them full down and full up several times. Will do the trick Sir.

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

3. Member
    I have done that too. That is when I was told to hold the up and down button for long periods to force the air out of the lines. but this one side is seems lose compared to the other side. In the full upward position I can move the pole alittle where as the other side is firm and cant be moved.

Maybe the bolts need to be tightened a little bit .

5. Member
    Not for the bolt end. It is the pole itself. They can slightly be seperated from the other side of the arm. Cant be done with other side which is nice and firm.

When purging my lines I found that initially the fluid got a lot of very small air bubbles mixed in it. If you let it rest for a while the bubbles will rise to the top and the fluid gets clear again. Then cycle the cylinders again and gradually work all the air out.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

7. Banned
    Check their web site ?

8. Member
    Jeff,just to be clear. Were you in deep enough water to allow full downward extension with the pole not touching bottom?

9. Member
    Hi RIP BASS, I have done what you said and held the button down for 30 seconds several times. Even in up position I will hold to try to force air out. Nothing seems to really help. Was almost to point to bleed the lines like traditional hydraulic lines I worked with back in the day.

10. Member
    If when you hold the button down, I assume the pump is running and deadheading against a mechanical stop. If the pump is in a pressure bypass, you are creating more bubbles and/or heat as the fluid either bleeds by a relief or cavitation by the pump.
    At least most hydraulic systems are like this.

Power Pole has great customer service , they will resolve the issue .Give them a call.

12. Member
    I think I read, deploy the poles until on firm ground and keep holding the button for 5 seconds, then retrieve until all the way up then hold for another 5 seconds. Check fluid!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by jeffj6987 View Post
    I have done that too. That is when I was told to hold the up and down button for long periods to force the air out of the lines. but this one side is seems lose compared to the other side. In the full upward position I can move the pole alittle where as the other side is firm and cant be moved.
    I have the same issue. PP sent me a new piston but haven't been on the water yet.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

14. Member
    Ok thanks guys. Sent Power Pole a message yesterday and got an email saying someone would contact me today. Hopefully this is a simple fix.

check that all connections are tight.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

16. BBC SPONSOR
    It sounds like you have correctly performed the priming procedure so we can eliminate that as a reason for the unit being "loose".

Have you tightened the two lower pivot bolts? More than likely this is the issue and can easily be corrected by tightening the two lower bolts with hand tools. These are the only two that need to be tightened and as stated in the User Guide, this should be done every 100 cycles.

Please let me know if this does not correct the issue and we'd be glad to help you out with whatever it takes to correct it.

17. Member
    I did the cycle thing on the water and creased a line to the point it sprayed fluid every were. Now i have more than just out of sync problems. Ordered new lines from TH Marine and when my boat comes out of the shop i will put new lines on and start over.

18. Member
    Run a diagnostic test from the app on your phone and send the results to them. I just had the exact same problem and for me it was a pressure problem in the pump. Had to send the pump back to get it rebuilt.

19. Member
    gen 1 or gen 2

20. Member
    i got the exact same issue on brand new gen 2 poles. one is just a tad loose. No matter how many times I cycle them up and down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast