Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Garmin Panoptix Videos

Figured I'd make a centralized place for us to share our Panoptix Videos. Post em if you got em.

I'm using a 7612xsv and PS31 for all of my recordings

you can find me interesting stuff on my youtube channel at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnr...Pkwd_u-cdpc-Rw

please let me know if you guys want to see more or have a request

and don't forget to set playback to 720 if they aren't already

Spots Busting Bait 11 29 15

Loon Busting Bait 11 29 15

Huge ball of bait and fish catch 11 29 15

Garmin Panoptix (PS31) Brush Pile and Fish Catch on Lanier 9-19-15

RealVu 3D Forward Fish 7 12 15

RealVu 3D Forward 7 12 15

LiveVu Forward vs Realvu 3D Forward 1

LiveVu Forward vs Realvu 3D Forward 2

2. Member

100 plus fish day. Lots of doubles. Sandbass and hybrids. Hybrid catch, and them teasing them shallower.
    Last edited by cactusflyr; 03-30-2016 at 09:28 AM.

3. Member
    Fun just watching..:)

Got to love the PS-30...Great video

5. Member
    Definitely would love to see how PS-30 works with Quikdraw!

6. Member
    Just check out the Garmin Quickdraw videos. I believe they were made with the PS30. IIRC, the PS30 is also mentioned as the best transducer for Quickdraw on Garmins site.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

7. Banned
    Garmin Panoptix PS 30 LiveVue Down Piké Attack 1 by Björn"Carlo"Karlsson Rapala Proguide Sweden

Garmin Panoptix PS 30 Live Vüe Down Perch Attach by Björn"Carlo"Karlsson Rapala Proguide Sweden

Arctic Char attack, Garmin Panoptic sonar. By Björn"Carlo"Karlsson, Rapala Proguide Sweden.

Pelagic fishing with Garmin Panoptix

Garmin Gpsmap 7410xsv with Panoptix

Garmin Panoptix PS30 Scared baitfish 1 by Björn "Carlo" Karlsson, Rapala Proguide Sweden

Garmin Panoptix PS30 Sneaky Perch Attack 1. By Björn "Carlo" Karlsson, Rapala Proguide Sweden

Garmin Panoptix PS30 Some very "hard to catch" chars. By Björn "Carlo" Karlsson, Rapala PRG, Sweden

Garmin Panoptix PS30. A very sneaky Char Attack! By Björn"Carlo" Karlsson, Rapala Proguide Sweden

8. Member
    Slabbing for Sandbass. Cool catch video. His buddies chase him to surface.

9. Member
    Nice! How big are those bass?

10. Member
    Mixed bag...small to large.

11. Member
    This was not easy but I finally managed to get some sort of video using my PS21 fishing for small trout. It is such a pain trying to record using a third party screen capture app. I managed to miss all the really good stuff I sure wish Garmin would get Helm for Android fixed!!!!

This is of our trip to Spencer lake last week. Its a small local lake that has stocker trout and bass. We didnt see any bass.....

If you're not familiar with Garmins Panoptix, this is what you are seeing.

This is a real time screen capture of fish I was able to see at various distances in all directions around the boat. As you can see, I was able to spot fish as far away as 65+ feet. I actually saw fish out to over 80 feet but didnt manage to record those times. Im pretty sure most of these fish are stocked trout in the 6" to 10" range with a few hold overs up to 15" - thats the largest we caught that day. We also caught a few in the 4" range.

In the top right corner is a small boat icon with a yellow cone projecting out of it. That cone represents the direction I am pointing the transducer at that particular moment. The "beam" is about 40 degrees wide with the PS21 transducer. Distance from the boat is along the top of the screen and water depth is along the left side. The transducer sits about 3 feet under the water when fully deployed.

The transducer location is shown in the top left of the screen. So, from the top left, you are looking out and down to the right on the screen. When Im pointing the transducer forward (check the yellow cone), you can see my trolling motor and the hull of the boat as a bright red series of blobs across the top left. The trolling motor shows up as about about 10ft from the transducer. When I point it aft or under the boat, you can also see the hull of the boat and my main motor hanging down in some shots.

Every thing else that is a well defined, moving blob, is a fish. Smaller fish are whitish blobs and larger ones are yellow to red for the strongest returns. The red along the bottom of the screen is the bottom When Im pointing the transducer towards deeper water, it slops down and away from the boat. When I point it at the shore, it slopes up and away.

In some shots you can also see the snap swivel and or a small split shot in front of a fish being reeled in as well as followers. I didnt get it in the video, but there were also times I could see 20# braided fishing line going to the lure.

12. Member
    A couple of notes I forgot to add.

Starting at about 25 seconds, I spotted a fish about 55 feet out to the right front of the boat and tracked it as we trolled past it until I finally lost it astern.

At about the 2:10 mark, my bro caught a 10" trout and we let it go back down while still hooked. You can see the small split shot ahead of the fish as it goes down as well as some followers and my other bro jigging for the followers - with no luck. I lost it for a while as we pulled the boat away from it at around the 3:20 mark to see how far away it would show up. I spotted it again when it surfaced about 50 feet out.

13. Member
    Larry, thank for the post, lots of interesting stuff there for me!
    Would you be will to post some photos of your transducer bracket? I am wanting to do something similar and have not settled on "how" yet. Can you scan completely under your boat? Do you always have that amount of noise or did you have gain cranked high?
    I am waiting for mine, should be only a few more days

14. Member
    I bumped my old thread up to the top again with some new install photos. "Just got my new PS21"

As far as the noise - I was playing with different combinations of Gain and Noise Rejection settings just to see how they affected seeing the fish, so it varied a lot during the day.

15. Member
    First ps21 video. Not much on it but at least the interference rays are gone. By decreasing the range a bit will I get bigger hits on the display?

16. Member
    Good fighting hybrid zigs and zags on the way up

17. Member
    Nice videos! I am so jealous of you guys that live where there are actually fish in the water!

As far as the size of the fish blobs, look at my video. At about the 3 minute mark my brother is fighting about a 10" trout and I have the range set to 100 feet or so. Then I change it to about 50 feet and the same fish looks about the same size to me. That seems to indicate that the size of the blob doesnt change much with range setting changes. I think its more a matter of how strong the return is. Of course, if you go full screen that will make everything larger.

Over all it looks to me like you were looking at least some fish that were a lot bigger than the little trout I was seeing. Some of your blobs were a lot bigger than the largest ones I saw the other day from 15" trout. I have no idea how that translates to the PS30 downvu though.

18. Member
    Yes. Sandbass and hybrids. Problem is they swim fast and in every direction. Catch them going through the beam a lot. Guess the fwd view is definitely more for bass fishing and fish that don't move around so much

19. Member
    cactusflyer, following your posts with a lot of interest as I am waiting on my unit to arrive. Do you think the PS31 with a wider beam will be more beneficial for following those fast moving school fish? That is what I have on order and I fish a lot of striper here in Arizona. Sometimes they hang around and sometimes they are passing through pretty fast in quite large schools.
    Maybe anything you add would be conjecture as you don't have the PS31 to compare with.
    Can't wait to try it out!

20. Member
    With the PS31 you will be able to adjust the beam width from narrow to wide or have it scan back and forth - so you can try several options and see what works best.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast