Banned

Garmin Tips & Tricks

I've done several quick video walk throughs of some of the more popular garmin features. These do not contain audio and are just a quick video walk throughs. If you guys want something done, just let me know. Please free free to post anything you think may be helpful for our newer Garmin owners. Maybe we can get it stickied

Here is my YouTube Chanel for more items like this. Subscribe so you'll get an email notification when I add new videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnr...Pkwd_u-cdpc-Rw

Garmin Tips & Tricks 1 - BlueChart Mobile Weather Overlay On 7612xsv (All Features)

Garmin Tips & Tricks 2 - BlueChart Mobile Weather Overlay On 7612xsv (Precipitation Only)

Garmin Tips & Tricks 3 - WIFI Walk Through On 7612xsv

Garmin Tips & Tricks 4 - Combo Screen Edit and Panoptix Forward With Brush Pile On 7612xsv

Garmin Tips & Tricks 5 - Depth Range Highlight

Garmin Tips & Tricks 6 - Mapping Options 1

Garmin Tips & Tricks 7 - Mapping Options 2

Image Viewer Test

QuickDraw Contours First Test

Last edited by TroyBoy30; 03-27-2016 at 05:37 AM.

2. Banned
    Reserved

3. Banned
    Reserved

4. Banned
    Reserved

5. Member
    Thanks Troy!

How do you request this thread to be a sticky? On other forums you "report" the posy and ask there, but I dont see that option.

After it gets stickied, I'll change this post to a link to some other videos Ive seen.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

6. Banned
    Garmin VIRB XE: Stream Video to Chartplotter

How to Create a Combo on Garmin Touchscreen Chartplotters

How to Avoid Hazards with Auto Guidance

How to Save a Waypoint on Garmin Touchscreen Chartplotters

How to Mark a Waypoint on Garmin Keyed Chartplotters

Study Lake Maps at Home Using HomePort

Bill Dance: Garmin LakeVü HD Ultra Features

Much more here

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...8PUwwWUZjBeUi3
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 03-27-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Need a complete how to guide for quick draw contours. Not just how to create and upload but how to download from the QD community and where and how to store them on your SD card. You can download them and rename them to whatever you wish. As long as they are saved under the "Garmin" main folder they will show up when you are on those bodies of water. Took me over a year to actually figure this out.

8. Member

echomap Plus93sv with GCV20 and GLS10

This is something several people have been asking about. How to wire up an echomap 93sv with a GCV20 and UHD and also GLS10 with Livescope. Perhaps this diagram will help. Edit: Thanks to MikeF for pointing out an error that is now corrected.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 01-14-2019 at 08:22 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    This answers my question... There isn't any other black box but the GLS10 with the 20 pin LVS32 Connector, Correct?
    IF the GT34 connector and the LVS32 connector were the same, you could use either, but then you'd need 2 of these connectors to connect the GT34 n LVS32 at the same time.

10. Member
    You are on the right track. To date, the GLS10 only has one purpose - to provide the 21 pin connector for the transducer and the associated unique hardware/software to operate it. All this is shipped via ethernet to whatever unit it is plugged into or to a device to distribute it to multiple units. Using the number of pins to judge compatibility is not reliable. Two examples. The GT34UHD has the same 12 pin connector as the other 12 pin GT combo transducer. To date, it only works on the GCV20 or the new soon-to-be released 8600 series. It will not work on the other GPSMAP or echomap units that have the same 12 pin connector. The new 8600's have two 12 pin connectors. One is for all the GT 12 pin transducers, including the UHD. The other is exclusive to the LiveScope LVS12. I'm guessing, but apparently some of these transducers require unique wiring pinouts and associated internal hardware to match up with that.

Pardon my rambling. Yes the GLS10 is required to operate the LVS32 for any/all units to display it. No MFD sold or announced to be available has a LVS32 connector.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

11. Member
    What if you just want to network 3 units together (one with Panoptix) without having the GCV20 black box. Is this possible with the GMS 10 port expander with the similar wiring diagram shown above? The sidescan transducers that come with the units are fine for how I fish so spending $600 dollars for something I will barely use just to network the units seems a little silly, and you still cant network 3 units when you have Panoptix thrown in the mix.

12. Member
    Yes. The GMS10 has 5 ports. Use 1 for Panoptix, that leaves 4. Plug in 3 units and you still have 1 left. All the units have to be Plus units. No mixing GPSMAP unit.

13. Member
    No mixing GPSMAP is some great information to have. Thanks

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Screen protector w/anti glare for Echomap Plus units. There are other for different Garmin units, just need to put your model # and do a search.....

Boxwave.com: http://www.boxwave.com/garmin-echoma...pdd/cvg-fpmzm/

Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077SDN4TT...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Transducer mounts (Panoptix) for TM's: https://thebassboatladder.com/

Screen shade for EC+93: https://www.mariner-sails.com/garmin...ies-visor.html
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 02-12-2019 at 08:08 AM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

15. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Adjustment of Livescope:

YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS