Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Exclamation Engine posts in APPROPRIATE FORUM, Please

Folks:

It will help you to receive faster, and more accurate responses if you will post your questions in the appropriate forum:

Mercury Motors (this forum)
    TWO STROKE models (Less than 135 hp).

Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5L Two Stroke motors (Carb, EFI, Optimax or Racing).

Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 3L Two Stroke motors (XS, ProXS Optimax, EFI, or Racing)

Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    For discussions related to ALL Mercury 4 Stroke Engines.

For fastest/most-accurate assistance, please choose the correct forum.

Thanks!
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 06-07-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    I did because it says standard motor here - high performance on the other forums

Some renaming might help get questions in the right places. Maybe something like...
    Mercury Motors - Under 135HP 2-Stroke
    Mercury - 2.0L/2.4L/2.5L & Related High Performance 2-Stroke
    Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance 2-stroke
    Mercury - 4-Stroke & Verado

Would that go over?

~~~~~ Bury my soul where the blue bonnets grow ~~~~~~
    https://www.mccainfishing.com/

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pYr8 View Post
    Some renaming might help get questions in the right places. Maybe something like...
    Mercury Motors - Under 135HP 2-Stroke
    Mercury - 2.0L/2.4L/2.5L & Related High Performance 2-Stroke
    Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance 2-stroke
    Mercury - 4-Stroke & Verado

Would that go over?
    That would be wonderful... although some "searches" may be affected as there are many, many thousands of posts in the various forums from years gone by.

In time... perhaps. In the meantime- we'll go by the displacement of the engine, and all fourstrokes go in the 4-Stroke & Verado forum.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Understood, just a thought

~~~~~ Bury my soul where the blue bonnets grow ~~~~~~
    https://www.mccainfishing.com/

Seems like the high performance label is what throws most people. The way the section reads it leads one to believe it's the high performance section because it doesn't say.........AND high performance. I think if you added the "and" or just got rid of the high performance it would clear things up for newcomers. Just a thought.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good input. Will give that some thought.

Did same thing yesterday. I don't consider my 150hp optic to be "high performance"

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    NOTE: If your engine is 150 HP or More, OR a 4-stroke engine, it BELONGS IN ONE OF THE OTHER FORUMS.

Thanks!

10. Member
    Same here with the high performance thing, threw me off, maybe better separation with "3 litre" and "high performance" in quotes, and maybe the words "and/or" in between. I agree with others some better labelling clarity is needed. Great website with great people and information...... but for someone not college educated like myself its confusing.....haha.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    See Post# 1 for better clarification. There are some limits to what can be done changing around names of forums, due to the affect it might have on "Searches" and links that have been posted in numerous locations.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Just a friendly reminder.

13. Member
    Can you not change the description of the forum without changing the name / link?

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwnc2 View Post
    Can you not change the description of the forum without changing the name / link?
    No, any change to the name affects the forum globally.

15. Member
    Don I think maybe bmwnc2 meant the descriptive narrative below the forum name/title. I can't say for vBulletin because my forum runs phpBB, but do know I can change the descriptive narrative without it affecting forum function as it registers from the forum name/title. May consider checking with admin to confirm as just changing the descriptive narrative would, IMHO, really help resolve a lot of confusion.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax