Sealing rubber roof

Any advice on re-sealing the rubber roof on my Forest river camper, it's a 35ft travel trailer. It's 2 years old, Ive had it for a year, no leaks, I was told I should do it yearly?

After two yrs, I doubt it needs resealing. Just a good cleaning goes a long way. But should it need sealing, this is the way to go......

http://www.bestmaterials.com/detail.aspx?ID=16573

3. Banned
    Well, no need to really "seal" it. Just clean and condition. I've used Thetfords. It's a 2-in-1 product cleaner and conditioner. Protect All is a 2 step process. Plenty of other good products out there.

4. Banned
    Oh, and check your lap seals over roof vents and covers. That thick looking caulk type stuff. If any is bubbled up, dry, cracked or peeling remove it all. I used a putty knife, carefully, to scrape off the majority. Then wipe the area with acetone to clean the rest up.

You can replace it with Dicor lap sealant (check to see which kind of roof you have, the new roof material is called Alpha) and just reapply the sealant as it was before. OR use Eternabond tape. Once down that tape is not coming back up easily. It's also less maintenance than Dicor lap sealant.

5. Member
    How much thetford would I need for a 35 foot travel trailer?

Just check around all roof protrusions: vent pipes, ceiling vents, antenna and make sure to check the moldings where the front and rear caps meet the rubber roof. Use product called Dicor, it is for rubber roofs. Good idea to at least check once a year.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919proxp View Post
    How much thetford would I need for a 35 foot travel trailer?
    I buy it by the gallon. That's usually good to do my 27' roof twice.