Remove Seat Backs -175

How do I remove the seat backs on a 2007 175? They are on there pretty tight and I could not see anything holding them or anyway to get to something that would be holding them.

They are bolts in from the back. On the panel behind the seats there are 6 screws holding it on 4 in the center behind the middle seat and one at each top corner next to each backrest. The entire assembly will lift out and you can access the lags holding the backrests on.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Member
    THANKS..after removing the panel is there access to the bilge area? Can you see the fuel tank and stuff?

I have never had mine fully out but I recall there being another panel behind there someone correct me if im wrong.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Member
    I don't remember a second panel, so I don't think there is access to the fuel tank and bilge area from this vantage point.

6. Member
    Definitely not access to the bilge from there. Ive had mine off a couple times in the last year
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro

7. Member
    i didn't think there was, not with the livewell and the storage compartments behing the seats. thanks for the info.

8. Member
    All good advice. I have had mine off several times & although you cannot directly access the bilge, there is some room back there between seat panel and bulkhead panel for wiring. With some strategic drilling/grommet work you can route wires to the engine compartment via the bilge (prepare to dig out some foam) or you can route to the storage box and then to the aft compartment. This is also the preferred route if you install an oxygenator or livewell lights.

9. Member
    Hello. I am redoing my carpet. There isn’t any videos to DIY. I’m also new to this site. Is there any advice, videos, or forums you can post the link to? Thanks very much.

adgarne@yahoo.com

Look at tinboats.net, there is 100s of recarpet jobs on there. With lots of info, pics, videos. Modification section.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.