250ss minimum water pressure

wondering if anyone knows the minimum water pressure on a 2015 250ss. from what dealer told me suzuki runs a lower water pressure system than other manufacturers. seeing less tha 5 psi at idle and around 12-16 psi on pad with prop to pad 3-4 inches

2. Member
    I am running a 150ss on my boat and it does run low at an idle. Mine is usually around 7 psi.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firemech048 View Post
    I am running a 150ss on my boat and it does run low at an idle. Mine is usually around 7 psi.
    What boats do y'all have and what numbers are you getting?

4. Member
    I have my 150ss on a 1987 cajun ricky green fishing machine. I have it on an atlas jack plate. I can get well over 16 psi at wot.

5. Member
    What kind of performance numbers? Speed, mileage, noise, etc. Not many people have suzuki motors so I'd like to read about how you like them.

6. Member
    once it gets a little warmer up here in mn im gonna have to do some more testing and confirm all my numbers. my 250 didnt come with a dedicated water pressure pickup. had to get a suzuki kit and put a t in my hose coming from the lower unit 2 the block. i also need to move my motor up on my jackplate. at highest setting prop to pad is 3" and i still could go higher i feel just wanta keep my water pressure at a safe level.

7. Member
    The Suzuki 250's we have on our work boats do run a lower water pressure. 12-15psi at WOT. They have been great engines, quiet and strong. We have a 2015 with ~700 hrs and a 2014 with ~1500 hrs.
    BassCat Puma w/ Mercury 250XS
    Ranger 195VS w/ 200 Mercury EFI- SOLD
    Champion 181 w/ 150 Mercury EFI- SOLD

8. Member
    Depends on the gearcase you have. Gearcases with dual sets of intakes will have much more pressure and volume. Their are several known issues with overheating Suzuki v6 four stroke models. Most noteably at idle. Once unit overheats several times, the head gaskets will need to be replaced. Some updates have been installed by the manufacture. Issues include pressure relief valve, water tube,and grommets,tattle tail location in cooling system and diameter, but the biggst issue is the internal cooling water drains for the crankcase. It is very easy to detect units with damaged or failed cooling systems. Units can repaired however cost of labor will be considerable. So to answer your question. 11 psi minimum at wide open throttle.

9. Member
    I am running a 2013 250ss and I am having water pressure problems as well. 0 @ idle, 5psi @ about 3500 with the trim just bumped off tucked. I have changed both thermostats, the water pump, the filter screens, the pressure valve on the side of the mid-section. Nothing has made it any better. I'm running it on a 2013 Blue Wave and the cavitation plate is about 4" above the keel with a 10"jack plate. correct me if I'm wrong but I think it for every 1" off the transom you go 1" up.

10. Member

Angry water pressure on 250ss Zuke

I am running a 2013 250ss and I am having water pressure problems as well. 0 @ idle, 5psi @ about 3500 with the trim just bumped off tucked. I have changed both thermostats, the water pump, the filter screens, the pressure valve on the side of the mid-section. Nothing has made it any better. I'm running it on a 2013 Blue Wave and the cavitation plate is about 4" above the keel with a 10"jack plate. correct me if I'm wrong but I think it for every 1" off the transom you go 1" up.

11. Member
    Have you tried running Rydlyme through your motor and checking your cooling passages by taking out the anodes and possibly replacing them?

2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

12. Member
    I have bought the Rydlyme but haven't flushed it out yet. I am wondering if the motor is too short for this boat being a short shaft.

13. Member
    From what I see, the water pressure tap is on the dump side of the system and it is not captive. It is kind of unsealed there is no restriction to build pressure against.