Best rod for flipping

I'm just getting into punching grass for bass and I don't wanna spend a ton of money.. So what is the best rod.

2. Member
    Kistler 7"11 h mad . You can find them on sale at times for around $225

3. Member
    not sure about best but the Powell 795 cef for $160 retail and delivered on sale for $130 is a killer rod. Dobyns 795 might be as good or better but is much more money. I like a rod with a little tip and big backbone. The Powell has this and is plenty sensitive. Not as sensitive as my NRX rods but very good for roughly 25% of the cost.

The Powell 795 weights 5 to 5.1oz and balances at the reel nut with a 6.5oz reel mounted. I can pitch rigs as light as 1/4oz and handles 1.5oz even better.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

What is your budget?
    2008 Stratos 294 XL
    2008 Evinrude etec 200 HP H.O.

5. Member
    I run nothing but croix legends now but I'm trying to slow down on cost a bit so I would like to stay under 150

6. Member
    Check out ALX Ikos series the Thunder and Hammer 73 would fit your needs and budget. Very good rods built in USA and a BBC sponsor

7. Member
    Powell diesel series. Picked on up at TW for under $100. Its light and can't tell the difference between my partners high dollar Powell. Only difference I can find id no warranty

8. Member
    iRod Air

I bought the IRA775C specifically for punching grass. I couldn't have found a better rod for punching because this rod is amazing. It's specifically designed for punching grass and it excels at it! It's a very sensitive rod and balanced very well. The reel seat on this rod is very comfortable to use. Everything on this rod is absolutely perfect. iRod left no stone unturned at creating this rod. All of the components are top notch and the rods have a high dollar feel to them, not to mention they look cool!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    Check out ALX Ikos series the Thunder and Hammer 73 would fit your needs and budget. Very good rods built in USA and a BBC sponsor
    + on ALX as Scotty34 stated.

The ALX ZOLO Powerbolt is also a beast of a rod. I use them down here in FL for the super heavy mats and cover.
    Another option would be the ALX ZOLO Brawler if you wanna stay with a XH vs a XXH.
    2019 Blazer 625 / G2 250
    1996 21XD Bullet SOLD
    2015 Phoenix 920 / 250 Pro XS SOLD
    ALX Rods. www.alxrods.com
    The Best Designed and most Sensitive Bass Fishing Rod in the USA!

10. Member
    You can get a daiwa tatula heavy flipping rod for $115 shipped from sportsmans outfitters (board sponsor), a lot of rod for a great price