Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I have never ran out of power fishing. They have not been on the market to get a real test of how long they will last, but I know of a set going over 5 years. Lithium ion battery seem to last a long time. They are used in most all electronic and power tools and don't seem to be hurt from sitting like nicad of my past tools and laptops.

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Look at a Toyota Prius, they are getting 10-12 years so far with 200-300K miles on them with no issue. Yes there are a few that have trouble but this is on a 10-12 year old car.
    To buy a new battery is 3-5 thousand, yet all the cells are not bad, it only takes one or two. Companies can replace the bad cell for a few hundred dollars and off you go again.

The car is only 11-12 years old so who knows how long they are going to keep going.

There are guys getting 5 or more years out of a regular trolling motor battery, but much more are getting less I suspect. I had a Chapparel that every pring for 3 years I had to replace the battery. yes it was prorated so that helped but still had to pull it out, haul it down to the store, and fight with them that it was bad. Only when they would put it on a load metter would they replace it. They would stick it on a metter and say it has 12.3 volts it shows good.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDD22 View Post
    How about a money back guarantee I see 3mph gain on top end speed and that my boat will draft 3" less water?
    If so, I'm ready to buy.
    We have a 60 day money back guarantee on our products. We have confidence in our products.

4. Member
    I have been seriously thinking about getting some Lithium batteries, but worried about stability. Didn't a Pro Angler's boat burn to the ground a couple of years back due to the Lithium batteries?

Mike

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike.kingston1@yahoo.com View Post
    I have been seriously thinking about getting some Lithium batteries, but worried about stability. Didn't a Pro Angler's boat burn to the ground a couple of years back due to the Lithium batteries?

Mike
    They never found out from anything I have heard. He did have a charger that was setting on the deck. Not sure what kind of charger but I have heard of regular batteries catching fire from charging.

Lithium Pro use a different type lithium in there batteries unlike the cheap China batteries that they used in like the hover boards that where going up during charging.

Question yourself, are you worried about going to bed with a phone, computer, tools, toothbrush charging at night when your sleeping.

Boeing is still using them in the 787. They had a electrical usage and charging issue not so much a battery issue. This is the first mostly electric plane with electric motor pressurizing the plane instead of bleed air. They also have plugs and TV on ever seat and other passenger comforts. It had very heavy electrical usage and it was over loading the battery.

6. Member
    ^^^^ lol...the next time I see a toothbrush burn a house to the ground, I will be very worried.

Mike

7. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike.kingston1@yahoo.com View Post
    ^^^^ lol...the next time I see a toothbrush burn a house to the ground, I will be very worried.

Mike
    Maybe I should have been more specific, "electric rechargable" tooth brush. Sorry!!

8. BBC SPONSOR
    I have 2 36v 30AH's on the way....Danny at Stealth recommended this setup, he said I would never see the bottom of them.

Danny said this setup was like having 6 Optima d34m's in the boat.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    How long will the kit with the 2 36/30 batteries last? A full day of fishing? and the life of battery? for $3,700 should last 10yrs plus would buy the starting battery. I would loose 200lbs that would be unreal got me thinking.
    From what we are seeing the life of our batteries is predicted to be around 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    I have 2 36v 30AH's on the way....Danny at Stealth recommended this setup, he said I would never see the bottom of them.

Danny said this setup was like having 6 Optima d34m's in the boat.
    Your not going to be satisfied until you hit triple digits...

11. Member
    The cost is crazy to me i know the power will be there but this cost is just nuts
    i was into competitive r/c racing when the switch from nimh to lipo was happening and the lipo was much better because you got full power until the end of pack unlike slow decrease from nimh this is kinda of same thing on bigger scale interested but will have to wait few years until pricing starts coming down

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Will W/ Lithium Pros View Post
    From what we are seeing the life of our batteries is predicted to be around 10 years.
    Give me a warranty to back that claim up and I'll buy. 60 days just isn't enough.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

the warranty is not 60 days....its a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the product in the first 60 days...i run a 2 battery 36 volt wired parallel, with the stealth system..
    you will not run it down in a single day..the single battery set up gets iffy after about 9 hours of hard trolling..i believe the warranty is 4 years...
    i fished a 9 hour day on mine in feb...plugged it in and found out the next mornig the receptacle was dead...went fishing again, 8 hours, still pullin hard at the end of day 2...
    LD

14. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Yes they have a 4 year warranty on the Lithium Pro!!!!!

15. Banned
    I just looked at the price

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Your not going to be satisfied until you hit triple digits...

2 GPS clicks away currently
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

17. Member
    I'm running the single 36 volt trolling battery from Lithium Pros with a stealth on board charger. It's 4 years old now and has never let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Hobbie Hut View Post
    I'm running the single 36 volt trolling battery from Lithium Pros with a stealth on board charger. It's 4 years old now and has never let me down.
    Have you fished in heavy current or to where you have had to keep the trolling motor over 70 all day? If you have how did it last with the single battery? I have ran 3 34m Optimas down to nothing before noon fishing some of the areas I like to fish.
    1995 Javelin 400TE w/ 2015 Honda 225
    2001 War Eagle 648 w/ 2001 Honda 50 jet

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Yes they have a 4 year warranty on the Lithium Pro!!!!!
    I Tried to figure out the warranty too? Is it 4 years with 100% replacement or is it pro rated? What do you get at 3.5 years for example?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabassmaster View Post
    Have you fished in heavy current or to where you have had to keep the trolling motor over 70 all day?.
    I've fished in current, but not like that.

I have stayed on the troller pretty hard all day just covering water and/or fighting wind, etc. and the single battery has NEVER even slowed down. And, yes, I know that with lithium they don't slow down, they stay strong to the death, but again, mine has never died.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast