70s + gcv10 + 741 + gt40 + p72 + ps31 will this work?

Can i have all transducer views show up on both of these units, 741 and 70s? I have the transducers all mounted right now and have a 73sv in the console that I'd like to replace with a 741 or 741xs. I want to see all mapping and all transducer views on both head units. Is this possible?

741 isn't sonar compatible at all is it? 741xs needed?
    Last edited by Bass newb; 03-21-2016 at 09:00 AM.

2. Member
    You will probably have to call Garmin on that one, but I think you need Garmin networking ports in order to share sonar. Do both units have network ports? One of them will need two ports - one for the Panoptix and one for sharing the sonar.

3. Member
    I think Larry is on target. You would need the 741xs instead of the 741 to get the 2 network ports on one unit. I sure would call garmin about this. Make sure the GCV10 will pass the Panoptix traffic from one unit to the other. It's not listed as compatible on the PS31 page.

I called earlier today and the tech help guy said all this will work together. 741xs. Ps31 into the gcv10 and then network to the 70s and the 741xs.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    You will probably have to call Garmin on that one, but I think you need Garmin networking ports in order to share sonar. Do both units have network ports? One of them will need two ports - one for the Panoptix and one for sharing the sonar.
    According to tech the 741xs does not have 2 network ports. It has 1 and a radar dedicated port. Gcv10 is required.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass newb View Post
    According to tech the 741xs does not have 2 network ports. It has 1 and a radar dedicated port. Gcv10 is required.
    I see you are right. I looked at the picture of the back of the unit again. Both ports are RJ45 and I can't read the writing above them for identification, but one word is short and the other long. So I guess those words are Radar and Ethernet. The RJ45 on the back of the 741 must be for radar too, instead of ethernet.

I'm glad to see the Panoptix will work with the GCV10. I've been complaining about their website not being up-to-date. When you look at P31 and click compatibility the GCV10 should show up. It didn't.

Looks like you had it figured out all along. Sorry for the misinformation.

7. Member
    Also the GCV 10 does not need a power switch. When a MFD powers up the GCV 10 does when MFD is turned off so does the GCV 10

I called earlier today and the tech help guy said all this will work together. 741xs. Ps31 into the gcv10 and then network to the 70s and the 741xs.
    Yes, what you propose above will work just fine.

Know that the 741 does have 2 completely functional Ethernet-networking ports. One is not dedicated to only RADAR.

Regarding your original post and overall configuration question, the GT40 won't work with 70, 741xs, or GCV10. I assume you have a GT30 for the GCV10? You can use a GT8 with the 741xs to get CHIRP sonar. At the trolling motor with the 70, you would use a standard 8 pin dual beam(200/77kHz) xducer.

If you do replace the echoMAP 73sv, remove the GT40 along with it to sell or put on another boat.
    Garmin Pro Team