Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dyno Boost ECU Chip from Magnum Tuning

Anyone ever done the ECU program from dyno boost on a 2000 225 Mercury Optimax, if soo how did it do?

2. Member
    Do a search, don said it caused more problems, and no added performance

3. Member
    Don't try it.

4. Member
    I now know 3 guys running them with no issues and noticeable differance in the way the motor runs. One has around 200 hours on his in 3 years and just had the motor went thru mechanic said everything looked good. So I dont know all I know is it has done alot for them without issues so far.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

5. Member
    Are they running them on bigger motors like we have or smaller motors?

6. Member
    Listen to what the Experts say.......

Click on this>>>>>Dyno-boost performance chip

Click on this>>>>>dyno boost tuner for pro xs.. does this work?

click on this>>>>>Dyno-boost performance chip

click on this>>>>>Mercury opti 135 2005

click on this>>>>>Is this for real??????
    Last edited by Savage; 03-18-2016 at 03:33 PM.

No no no and hell no
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgkemp105 View Post
    Are they running them on bigger motors like we have or smaller motors?
    2 are running it on 200 and the other a 250. I wouldnt run one personally but what ever it is it does work. I rode in all 3 prior to the installs and it made a huge difference especially on the 200's that are on Z8 Nitro's its crazy how those boats come out of the water and how fast they are with 200's. I know most say they dont do anything but I first hand have seen they do and so far none of the guys have had any issues. Im not saying run one by any means just saying what I have seen with my own eyes.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

9. Member
    Thanks bud, good info!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoon78 View Post
    2 are running it on 200 and the other a 250. I wouldnt run one personally but what ever it is it does work. I rode in all 3 prior to the installs and it made a huge difference especially on the 200's that are on Z8 Nitro's its crazy how those boats come out of the water and how fast they are with 200's. I know most say they dont do anything but I first hand have seen they do and so far none of the guys have had any issues. Im not saying run one by any means just saying what I have seen with my own eyes.
    As I recall Lamoon78 back in 8/7/2014 you stated that you were going to supply ALL of the many non believers with video proof, however you never did.......

Lamoon78 quote:
    "Alright hell not everybody is full of it next time Im at the lake and he is there I will video it and shut the non believers up".
    Here is the thread to refresh your memory........Click on this>>>>>>>250 Pro XS modifications? What works?

We are ALL still waiting.

11. Member
    Too funny lol lmao

12. Member
    If your gonna do anything, Dave bush racing. When I build up the war chest that's where I'll look

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    As I recall Lamoon78 back in 8/7/2014 you stated that you were going to supply ALL of the many non believers with video proof, however you never did.......

Here is the thread to refresh your memory........Click on this>>>>>>>250 Pro XS modifications? What works?

We are ALL still waiting.
    Ok smartass for one we all work offshore and are rarely home at the same time anymore. I will tell you this I run a 920 Phoenix 250 Pro Xs and both of those Z8 with 200's and 25 Tempest can hang with me up to about 73 mph now you mister boat guru tell me of a stock Z8 with a stock 200 can run that fast you wont. So call me out about some stupid video proof I dont need it because I dont lie so thank you very much buddy.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

14. Member
    Ah my angry friend that's not how you stated it before......

Lamoon78 quote:

"Dynoboost chip got a buddy that has a Z8 with a 200 on it he put the dynoboost chip and blows most boats with 250's out the water its crazy.

I only made mention of it because YOU stated that YOU were going to provide video back in 2014.

Lamoon78 quote:
    Alright hell not everybody is full of it next time Im at the lake and he is there I will video it and shut the non believers up.
    No need to get mad if you can't prove it, just tell us that you can't, no big deal.

15. Member
    Savage how are u accessing information that far back, all i can search back is just till when the site was rebooted. When it crashed late last year.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chad.r View Post
    Savage how are u accessing information that far back, all i can search back is just till when the site was rebooted. When it crashed late last year.
    Special code from Al........

Just kidding! I don't think I'm doing anything special....

17. Member
    i didn't realize u could still search the older posts, I assumed they were gone after the crash last year, but its there.

***best read on BBC currently!....
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

19. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgkemp105 View Post
    Anyone ever done the ECU program from dyno boost on a 2000 225 Mercury Optimax, if soo how did it do?
    DON'T waste your money.

IAT sensor programming can only alter fuel delivery by a maximum of 10% (likely far less). Altering the resistance of the IAT circuit can (and does, under SOME running condition) cause FAULTS, with Engine Guardian (essentially doing exactly the OPPOSITE of what you were trying to do).

Since the "gizmo" is attempting to alter the fuel delivery, in theory- it's either making the engine run RICH, or run LEAN. Neither is something you'll want.

I'd put the idea right up there with snow-chains for a wheelbarrow... JMHO.

lamoon78... while I have my own doubts about your claims, I strongly suggest a better tone and attitude when posting here.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

20. Member
    I strongly suggest you call your boy off then. No reason for him to call out anybody on here. I dont really care what any think about it I know what I have seen and what they do and Im not a liar or somebody that makes stuff up. The OP asked a question and I simply told him what I have seen thats it.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast