Lowrance to Garmin newbie here

Trying to transfer waypoints. I know Lowrance wpts come in a .usr file. Can I convert these to .gpx file from the hds unit (there's an option to do so in the unit) and then import them to my ne 93sv chirp. Or do I have to go through homeport?

Yes, export your Lowrance user file as .gpx, then it is a straight import into your echoMAP 93.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Thanks Todd. I love this unit. I just need to get waypoints finished.

4. Member
    Are you doing this by card or NMEA? I'm in the same situation but having to get my waypoints off my brothers lowrance. I tried saving them to a card but when I put it in my Garmin it says "no files found".

UJ, have you converted the files? There is a great website that will convert almost every know file Lawrence to Garmin (gpx), vice versa as well as Hummingbird and other manufactures. Google GPS Babel (I think correct name). Good luck!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Are you doing this by card or NMEA? I'm in the same situation but having to get my waypoints off my brothers lowrance. I tried saving them to a card but when I put it in my Garmin it says "no files found".
    As Todd said above - you have to save or export them as GPX files. That should be one of the options on the Lowrance. If not, try the GPS Babel like deepanchor said.

7. Member
    Ok thanks, I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Ok thanks, I'll try that.
    You also have to make sure and specify that you are importing a .gpx file. User data, Manage Data, Data Transfer, File Type - GPX. The default file type setting is the Garmin proprietary ADM.
    Garmin Pro Team