Well, everyone said it would happen. But the timing sucked. I was trying to pick the Trolling motor up in the shallows and snap. Rope breaks. That was @ 10am fishing club tournament. I went all day with it like that. After about 2 hrs of moving around I finely started to take it completly apart. I got it where It would function somewhat.
Everyone said I need to head to Bass Pro and get one of the coated cable to replace the rope. It just didnt seem right spending $40+ for something like that. So I made my own. $3.12 it cost. That is 4' cable (little thicker then I wanted) and cable crimps. Reused the orginal handle. Now it works like a champ. 25mins and it is back better then before.