Thread: H-51 setup help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jprivernut View Post
    Try a fortrex 80 and 3 interstate 29's. Mine runs good with just me, all my crap and 3/4 tank of gas(gps 46.7mph) with my Merc 90, but ad full livewells or a passenger an it tops at 42-43 with no bow lift due to porpoise.

I've all but quit inviting my tournament partner to fun fish with me, hahahaha
    I will never put that train trestle looking mount on the front of my boat! I do have 3 interstate's in mine as well. I have a Bob's 10" that added weight as well but in a little chop can run solo at 47 loaded. If no chop, I get the porpoise action and if I add my co angler we are topping out at 38 - 40 with a smooth ride. Any faster than than that then hang on and tie everything down!
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

Quote Originally Posted by xpress spanky View Post
    The weird thing on mine with 3 batteries, a Tour 82, and livewells full it will run it's best speed. No bullcrap, with both the 90 and 115 my best numbers were with a big load of fuel and livewells full. I can go with 2 batteries, low on fuel, and empty livewell, and it will never run as fast. I honestly have no clue why. All my other boats would run faster the lighter they were.
    Maybe you should set mine up then!!
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr900racer22 View Post
    I will never put that train trestle looking mount on the front of my boat! I do have 3 interstate's in mine as well. I have a Bob's 10" that added weight as well but in a little chop can run solo at 47 loaded. If no chop, I get the porpoise action and if I add my co angler we are topping out at 38 - 40 with a smooth ride. Any faster than than that then hang on and tie everything down!
    No love for the KOTA's??? You would be the only guy that could ever give me a good race to a hole if we fished the same tournys. I've gotten used to being last everywhere I go.......except the weigh-in results

Btw Spanky, I can't wrap my head around the way your boat performs. It's like you got a "1 off" run of the H-51, lol. What's tops on your Sabre? I had an '02 sabre with the same year merc 175 efi that was real mean. It would touch 70 gps. Those two 26 gallon gas tanks were a drain when gas was $4 a gallon! I miss that boat!!!

4. Xpress Boats Moderator
    No love for the KOTA's??? You would be the only guy that could ever give me a good race to a hole if we fished the same tournys. I've gotten used to being last everywhere I go.......except the weigh-in results

Btw Spanky, I can't wrap my head around the way your boat performs. It's like you got a "1 off" run of the H-51, lol. What's tops on your Sabre? I had an '02 sabre with the same year merc 175 efi that was real mean. It would touch 70 gps. Those two 26 gallon gas tanks were a drain when gas was $4 a gallon! I miss that boat!!!
    My Sabre with the 150 4 stroke, dual powerpoles, and my normal load will GPS 65 on a 23" Tempest Mark Croxton turned into a 24", and still bumps the limiter. I think once I get the exact prop it really likes I may hit 67 with it, but that's a guess. It likes my 23" Trophy, but it's all over the limiter at about 63. When I quit spending money on other stuff i'm going to invest in 2 or 3 more props to see how they run.

I just can't get over the mount and the button on the pedal being on the opposite side. My Dad has one and it is a beast, just not for me.

If you are first at the weigh ins, then I will make sure I am following you to the spot! Last tourney, I was running with a bass tracker with a 115 dead even. I tried like hell to pull away but couldn't. It made a fun trip to the first spot. Wish I could have found him on the way back. I am used to being the last one too and have the shortest fishing time as I usually run 45 mins to an hour and a half from the launches around here.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

6. Member
    I have a 2004 h51db with 2003 Mercury 90hp 2 stroke. It ran 51 with two people with just a cranking battery in the back. I added two more batteries in the back and I can’t get on the pad anymore and it runs 43. Is my only option to remove the batteries to get back On pad because it’s too much weight? or is that just too much weight in the back and needs to be distributed differently.

7. Member
    I have a h51 and I'm putting a brand new 115 yamaha sho on it in a week or so. Ive been going back and fourth with the dealer on prop pitch, it has a 8 in manual jack plate. I was thinking 21 and he says 19. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Most everyone with a 90 runs a 17. 25 horsepower jump to a 115 wouldn't need a 21 IMO but I could be wrong. I would start with a 19, at least for the break in period.

Anyone know which factory bolt hole the motor mounts back on the transom? I added a jackplate about 12 yrs ago and I can't remember. I now am gonna remove the JP and set it back on the transom so it will fit in my garage where I just moved to. It’s a 98' H51 w/yamaha 90 hp TLRW
    Last edited by shackwylde; 07-02-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12