Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Excellent articlel on yahoo news "Shale Euphoria : the boom and bust of subprime oil and ng :

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Well I know the news today is a dovish fed. and I;m seeing some new all time highs calls starting. Yellen didn't say anything that was a surprise. Same old same old. She literally said that the price of oil goes up and down...........Well god dam, thank you, I wasn't aware. This ride may go onto new highs, eventually I will close my position, maybe for a loss, it's in the hole now, but when this fed ride ends, it will end at a cliff. It just may take longer than I can wait.
    Thanos was the hero

agreed market is artificially being propped up. I was surprised she mentioned more QE is possible

4. Member
    When you see utility stocks and REITS doing what they have done recently then the market seems to know a rapid increase isn't going to happen. Last year utilities didn't do so well and everyone said sell them and buy bank stocks and look where we are now. Its a crazy market and we seem stuck in neutral for awhile it seems.

5. Member
    I think it's still about oil. If big oil aint happy, nobody's happy. Its phishy to me what your not hearing on the market networks, the energy company bankruptcys !!! And how a huge amount of their debt is being put off for months and years. The news networks like to blame the feds for all the problems. Remember when the financial crisis news broke, it was a report out of Iran. !!! "The american economy is near collapse" They were right

6. Banned
    FWIW, I'm back in the market. The indicators that I closely monitor are positive.

7. Member
    Biggest 1 quarter comeback in decades. So much for the guys stocking up on beenie weenies & .22 ammo.

Jobs reported 215000 jobs last month, 2016 might just be a good year for the market.

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Consistent job growth and manufacturing data today was good, and took the talk of recession off the table. Funny how one month its recession and the next it's everything is awesome and who cares about all the jobs being waitress jobs
    Thanos was the hero

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Consistent job growth and manufacturing data today was good, and took the talk of recession off the table. Funny how one month its recession and the next it's everything is awesome and who cares about all the jobs being waitress jobs
    Or that the participation rate isn't that great. An article today was talking again about stagflation. Not sure if we are headed there but if wages stay flat, participation rates are low and inflation rears its ugly head then we are in for a mess. Bottom line is global growth is not all that great and neither is the growth in our country.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12