WTB: Trailer Steps with Handrail for RT188

I want to add a set of steps to my trailer with a handrail to make it easier for me and my buddies (and the wife) to enter the boat at the ramp. I was thinking of ordering the Easy Step System until I found out I'd have to replace the standard jack with a Fulton slid closer to the bow in order for it to fit. Not sure how replacing the jack with another one that has be positioned farther back would affect access to the handle.

Has anyone else with an RT188 with a folding tongue added a set of steps with at least 2 steps and a handrail?

Roy: Have you done any trailer steps with multiple steps and a handrail?
    Steve R
    2016 Ranger RT188
    - Merc 115 4S
    - MinnKota Fortrex 80
    - Lowrance Gen2 HDS Touch 9 (Bow & Console)

2. Member
    Call Ranger they have one that will work perfect and you won't have to change anything!

Ranger now offers this. It steps you to the side making it easier to get around the trolling motor without having to step over it like aftermarket steps.
    There are several more pictures of it here http://www.anglersportmarine.com/new...ranger/id-1129

4. Member
    Yep, I've seen that one and it's still an option. I had it on my order originally but dropped it because I thought the Easy Step would be better and "easier" to use. I may have to circle back with Ranger and go ahead and order it.
    Steve R
    2016 Ranger RT188
    - Merc 115 4S
    - MinnKota Fortrex 80

Quote Originally Posted by FlaNative View Post
    I want to add a set of steps to my trailer with a handrail to make it easier for me and my buddies (and the wife) to enter the boat at the ramp. I was thinking of ordering the Easy Step System until I found out I'd have to replace the standard jack with a Fulton slid closer to the bow in order for it to fit. Not sure how replacing the jack with another one that has be positioned farther back would affect access to the handle.

Has anyone else with an RT188 with a folding tongue added a set of steps with at least 2 steps and a handrail?

I have not made that style of steps yet but I would be able to do it for you if you wanted. Idk how fast you need it tho im a couple weeks out at the moment. After trying the grab bar thing for another customer the shipping situtation is just too expensive and too much hassle I wont be doing anymore of those unfortunatley. The last one I did was $150 to ship.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    Yep, I've seen that one and it's still an option. I had it on my order originally but dropped it because I thought the Easy Step would be better and "easier" to use. I may have to circle back with Ranger and go ahead and order it.
    If you find out from Ranger how much it cost please post it.

2023 Ranger RT188P
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 115
    Garmin 126SV (2), 93SV, LVS34
    Minn Kota Ultrex

7. Member
    not a ranger but i took mind to a welding shop they did mind for 125. lot cheaper than buying one from ranger

8. Member
    I've got the Easy step on my TV18
    and it is NICE. LDS

Quote Originally Posted by Great Scott View Post
    I've got the Easy step on my TV18
    and it is NICE. LDS
    Your boat must be the one they have pictures of on their web page.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

10. Member
    Nope, that picture was already there when I bought my set. LDS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueultra2 View Post
    If you find out from Ranger how much it cost please post it.
    The lady in the Parts Dept at Ranger said the step is $479... may continue looking for other options!
    Steve R
    2016 Ranger RT188
    - Merc 115 4S
    - MinnKota Fortrex 80

The lady in the Parts Dept at Ranger said the step is $479... may continue looking for other options!
    I can make you a set of my steps for the jack mount and winch stand. No grab bar tho. Very reasonably priced Pm me if interested.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Roy made these steps for me and I made the grab bar from three 3/4 pipe nipples for about $20. PM me if you are interested and I will supply more details.
    It works great.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Bill made a great complete system out of it. That all came together nicely. The steps are very popular and are a bolt on fit thanks to all of Bills help getting the design dialed in. They are now a true bolt on install.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

15. Member
    Hey all-I m new to the forum and have a question. I have a 2016 RT188C and would like a handrail step system to get into my boat that will not prevent me from using my swing tounge in order to get my boat in the garage. My local boat dealer said Rangers was $600 and they use a tracker step for $235 but no contact info. I called Trick Step and $489 plus freight. Anybody out there know of a reasonable solution??

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baaderman View Post
    Hey all-I m new to the forum and have a question. I have a 2016 RT188C and would like a handrail step system to get into my boat that will not prevent me from using my swing tounge in order to get my boat in the garage. My local boat dealer said Rangers was $600 and they use a tracker step for $235 but no contact info. I called Trick Step and $489 plus freight. Anybody out there know of a reasonable solution??

I have a 2017. Remove one bolt and swap your swing to the other side. It's an easy install and they work FANTASTIC!

I did the steps almost a year before I swapped out the TM for an Ultrex. Welcome to BBC!

This is the step Roy made for me with the Grab bar I added. I prefer this style because it keeps everything on the tongue and does not interfere with sharp turns. Roy is no longer in the custom boat parts business but Nitro has a step that attaches to the winch. Suggest you visit Bass Pro Shop.

I heard that you can buy these at the Bass Pro parts department.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

18. Member
    Steps at a young age are a convenience. Steps at
    an older age w/o a hand rail is asking for a fall.
    Hand rails are cheap compared to an injury. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

19. Member
    I have a 2016 and added a EASY STEP TO MNE IT DID NOT CAUSE A PROBLEM . MY TRAILER IS ALUMINUM DONT KNOW IF THEIR IS A DIFFERENCE IN TOUNGE LENGTH MY STEP IS A GALVANIZED VERSION to add a set of steps to my trailer with a handrail to make it easier for me and my buddies (and the wife) to enter the boat at the ramp. I was thinking of ordering the Easy Step System until I found out I'd have to replace the standard jack with a Fulton slid closer to the bow in order for it to fit. Not sure how replacing the jack with another one that has be positioned farther back would affect access to the handle.

Roy: Have you done any trailer steps with multiple steps and a handrail?[/QUOTE]

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rng518 View Post
    I have a 2016 and added a EASY STEP TO MNE IT DID NOT CAUSE A PROBLEM . MY TRAILER IS ALUMINUM DONT KNOW IF THEIR IS A DIFFERENCE IN TOUNGE LENGTH MY STEP IS A GALVANIZED VERSION to add a set of steps to my trailer with a handrail to make it easier for me and my buddies (and the wife) to enter the boat at the ramp. I was thinking of ordering the Easy Step System until I found out I'd have to replace the standard jack with a Fulton slid closer to the bow in order for it to fit. Not sure how replacing the jack with another one that has be positioned farther back would affect access to the handle.

[/QUOTE]

If you will go to East Step web page there are a lot of boats pictured. Your model
    may be one of them. If the pictures dont help, call them, they say they can build
    for any configuration. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.