Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lucas M

Looking for a Multi-Species Boat

Hey everyone,
    i am a die hard bass man. But cant bring myself to get a full out bass boat with a wife who loves to be on the water with me, and kids in the near future. I would love to get 2 boats, but dont have the cash or space to do so at the time. I am looking for a boat in the 15-20k range that can serve my purposes of bass fishing and family/friend cruises. But mostly fishing (80% of the time). I have been looking at some Reata's, 180vs with a 150hp. But i know the rod lockers are only 6', and not all reatas have a full deck that i am looking for up front. I would like a glass boat, but would be fine with a fish hawk or something along those lines. The new lund bass boat is nice, and can accomodate kids and stuff with the flip up seats, but i do not want to drop 35k!

I just want to find a boat that can easliy install good graphs at the console (8") even if a windshield is in there. And something i could put a talon on the back. If people have some boats that they own that work great for both these purposes, i am all ears. I look everyday for boats, and want to get something this spring. looking for a 1750-1900 boat.

Thanks!

2. Member
    A friend has a 18' reata that he loves just for what you are describing--fishes fine, it's their deep-V hull so it handles big water very well, and is at home for a day tubing or just hanging out on the water. He fishes local torunaments in it sometimes. I've never been in it though. Some of the Tuffy boats have a removable rear deck that allows you the option of open floorwell or a rear fishing deck. Lund, alumacraft and some others have similar flip-open style seating if you go Tin. My main quibble with the tin multispecies boats is the extremely high gunwales--it's nowhere near as nice for pitching if you do that much. Seems you gotta go glass or new to get one with lower gunwales like a bass boat.

3. Member
    I have a Lund impact 1875 with a 150 on it and it works great for the family and I can get it very shallow bass fishing I think you can get a 1775 wit a 115 for around 20k.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

4. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    I also have the Lund Impact 1875. Lots of room and the fold down deck in the rear makes for a second large casting deck. You might find a used one in your price range.

5. Member
    I went with a Lund 1775 impact from a bass boat. My tournament partner also has the impact for 2 years now. After fishing out of his boat a few times convinced me to go that route as well. Fished just as shallow as my Ranger. Also the 115 on the back sips the fuel compared to my 200efi. Flip bench is a great option for rear casting deck. Also I have the Crappie edition. Multiple seat posts on bow plus extra baitwell on front casting deck.
    2004 Ranger 520 vs
    2004 Mercury 225 Optimax

6. Member
    I went through the same decision making process last year. Had a skeeter bass boat that would no longer accommodate my growing family. Got an Alumacraft Competitor 185 single console with a 150hp. Front deck is nice for my needs. Accommodates big graphs, I have a 10" at console. 8ft rod locker. Talon on one side, ladder for the family boating needs on the other. These are fairly similar layout to the Lund Impact. I looked at both and both are sweet boats. I would have been happy with either. That being said, you prob need to get one a couple years old to keep the cost at $20k. Let me know if pics would be helpful.

7. Member
    Look at a used Alumacraft T-185 or 195. You can find them in your price range. Good time to buy used as lots of guys have new boats on order and are trying to get rid of the old ones.

8. Member
    I love mine, after having owned a variety of boat type, this multi species full windshield boat is best for me.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

9. Lucas M
    How do the impacts compare to the rebels? I am looking for a dual console. A windshield would be ok, (I know my wife wants that) But i would want a single console for the extra space, so... do they come in double bubbles? If not, is it possible to bring a newer (2010-2014) impact to a lund dealer and have them install another console? I know that is possible on some boats.
    Last edited by lucasm01; 03-04-2016 at 10:56 AM.

10. Lucas M
    Also, thanks for the help everyone!

Went from a bass boat to a multi-species boat and have not regretted it at all. Once and a while I miss the 70+ MPH but, when I am on big water the big boat is VERY nice! I can still fish skinny water and can troll the Great Lakes as well. It is a nice combo.

From this:

To this:
    Bugs
    2003 Ranger 620VS
    2003 Yamaha 225HP
    2003 Yamaha 9.9HP

12. Member
    I have an old Fisher FX18DV,....

Used they are at the bottom end of your price range,..

It fishes very well from small lakes to Green Bay,...

And the center rod locker is massive, I took the tubes out and with socks I have had 32 rods in it,..

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucasm01 View Post
    How do the impacts compare to the rebels? I am looking for a dual console. A windshield would be ok, (I know my wife wants that) But i would want a single console for the extra space, so... do they come in double bubbles? If not, is it possible to bring a newer (2010-2014) impact to a lund dealer and have them install another console? I know that is possible on some boats.
    The impacts were available as double bubbles. If you go to lund site and build one. Pick the ss model and should be under options. Impacts are wider and a little deeper at the bow. 25 inch transom on 1775 and larger impacts. Rebel has a 20 inch transom. Impacts have dual wells and centre rod locker as well as side rod storage . Rebel has a single well up front. Rebel 1750 XS has centre rod storage with 5 tubes.Rebel XL models have rod storage along the sides. Rebel XS The livewell cuts under the centre rod locker so has small access door for length of the well making retrieving fish in well a possible choir. Another boat that may interest you as well seeing you are looking used is a Lund predator. Bass boat layout on multi species aluminum hull.
    2004 Ranger 520 vs
    2004 Mercury 225 Optimax

I'd watch Used Musky Boats. They have a lot of boats that fit your description advertised on that site.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

15. Lucas M
    A Lund Predator would be my go to. I love those boats. But they are HARD TO FIND. And when you find one, people list them like they are hard to find. But they do have a great layout.

Thanks for the site info Junk FIsherman. I'll check it out.

16. Member
    Look at the Triton Allure..

17. Member
    Look at a alumacraft 175 series boat or a Lund pro-v not the bass or Lund 1775 Impact series. I love
    my alumacraft. I was down to Lund and Alumacraft after looking at 16-20 different Deep v boats for fishing and taking out my family. I have a ranger 375v previously and it wasn't good for kids. I got the dominator series because I troll occasionally for Muskie and salmon on Lake Michigan

18. Lucas M
    Ideally i would like to find a crestliner, alumacraft, or lund that is a single console and has a flip up bench that converts to a casting deck in the back. and has a decent deck up front. Any ideas on what models offer that bench style seating in the back? I currently have a sportfish that has it. I know the pro v does not have it, but offers a pretty big casting deck

You need a deck boat, we love ours.

20. Member
    www.walleyecentral.com is a great place to find high end quality used multi species platforms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast