Smartcraft Question

Please help whit some info of what i need purchase to install a Smartcraft gauges.

The engine is 2015 4S 100HP Serial #2B 1650 70.

Mercmonitor level 1 or 2? If i need to ad also water pressure sensor and trim sensor.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    L1 is usually sufficient. Moving to the Level-2 will only gain you about 2 items on the NMEA-2000 data-stream (and those two items are still available on the FACE of the Level-1).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    L1 is usually sufficient. Moving to the Level-2 will only gain you about 2 items on the NMEA-2000 data-stream (and those two items are still available on the FACE of the Level-1).
    And is the data stream ran to hummingbird , or lowrance ?

I know Lowrance since that is what I have. I believe 'Birds are the same. The Mercmonitor (Lvl 1 or greater) is the translator from Smartcraft to NMEA.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    H-bird is a little different... most of their units (until quite recently) have no NMEA-2K capabilities. A module had to be added (and it's a "one-way-only" device, allowing engine data UP to the H-bird).

Lowrance does work well, however.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor