Question Whould I go with Yamaha digital guages or network to new Garmin or Humminbird?

I was going to trade in my new Ranger for the new RP190, but I have decided to save the difference and upgrade a few things on my current boat. I have a 2015 RT178 Ranger with Yamaha F70. Currently have Lowrance 3" elite 2d on console and the 4" elite dv/2d on trolling motor. If I lay on the deck I can somewhat read the bow unit, but with my vision it's worthless when I'm standing and fishing.

I am going to upgrade my console and trolling fishfinders to GPS/DV/SI capable at the console and 2d/DV at the bow. both with 7" screens and CHIRP, I think. I miss not having complete engine info gauges and I really want to have the console unit show engine info. Am hoping someone here has done that with the smaller Yamaha and can give me their thoughts. Keeping in mind my boat is aluminum and the stern transducer has been crappy in reading anything past 19mph. Alumaducer maybe, and which brands will it work with?
    I have several questions:

1. which brand and model shows the most info in a easy to use, logical format...........HB or Garmin? I would love to split screen engine info with map while underway. I saw some post in the past where some of the engine displays from their fishfinders were friggin gorgeous. HB seems to be less costly inch for inch, but I may be able to get a significant discount on Garmin unit , but only ONE unit this year.

2. What would it take to connect console unit to my Yamaha? It supposedly capable of NMEA 2000 or the latest.

3. Would it be cheaper to just buy one of the Yamaha digital gauges and mount it in place of my speedo?..........which quit working around the 15 hr mark anyway. that would take care of the engine info but I wouldn't have that real pretty color display on my Chartplotter.

4. I most likely will have a professional install done. If I did it, the boat would probably have several gunshots in the end. I am only a couple of hours from Kentucky Lake and I understand there are some good install places there. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Anyway, I want to go digital with engine gauges, Want 7" screens bow and console. And I want it to work.
    Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Randy
    Think what would happen in this country if the many stopped fearing the few.

2015 RT 178 w/70hp Yamaha.

32 views and no responses. How bout them Cardinals?

I'm curious to see any responses. I have ordered a digital tach for my F175 but I would prefer to see other options. I did some searches on different sites and I didn't find much.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

4. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I added the round Command Link tach and speedo gauges for my SHO. It's neat to see what's going on but I did that after all the electronics had been added. If your Yammie is NMEA 2000 capable then get the electronics. Search the HB or Garmin forums for info on setting up the NMEA network. If you want a split screen sonar/map, save some more pennies and get something bigger than a 7" screen.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Thanks guys. I'm going to one of the box stores today and maybe play with some of the units and see what their thoughts are. Maybe take another trip to Memphis to one of the Ranger boat dealers and talk to them.