Targa V20 WT combo or fish only

Can anyone tell me what the speed really is on the targa v20 wt with the merc verado 225 and or 200. Boat test . com only has the 2 stroke and it seems a bit slow.... maybe wrong prop combo...not sure....I understood from some of the bass pro folks it can do mid 50's but want to hear from an owner if possible.

Thanks

2. Member
    I just picked up my Targa V20 with a Merc Verado 200 L6 this past September and took it out to Lake Havasu about a month ago to break it in and test out. I got the Targa up to 44 in no time and was very impressed on how well it performed. My brother-in-law brought out his Lund Barron 2275 with a Merc Verado 300 and I was able to keep up with him with no problem. I have not push my Targa V20 to the max but I've taken it out a few times and getting it up to plane is quick. For the amount of features and options you get its well worth the money. I've fished off Alumacraft, Tahoe's, Lund and Nitro and they all there sets of pros/cons, but the large deck in the back is very nice to fish off its a very light boat and the Merc Verado 200 L6 is just awesome and definitely provides enough power for the boat even with a full tank of gas.

3. Member
    Just got back from Lake Mohave out in Nevada and ran the boat all weekend. It topped out at 48.6 with 2 people on board and almost a full tank of gas and all my gear. I'm sure with optimal conditions you can probably get the boat up to 54 which is the stated top speed but I'm not too concerned with top speeds. The boat performs well and is easy to manage. The overall size was what was most important to me and 20 feet seems to be the perfect for lakes/ocean and maneuverability.