Thread: screen shots

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Who said I had a bad transducer. Garmin engineers said mine was fine and images were normal.

2. Banned
    I am not complaining. Everyone tells me the pics could be better. In certain area's I see a lot more a clearer pics. I am happy with my garmin and will never go back to the others. Just wish In could afford panoptix.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Who said I had a bad transducer. Garmin engineers said mine was fine and images were normal.
    maybe i have you confused with someone else. didnt you have a 7600 series that had issues? lack of soft returns in the water column? thats why you went to raymarine right? all that has changed with the new GT52 transducer as it shows very good fish returns in the water column and over bottom.

keep in mind the gt20 is an old transducer as well. here is the gt20 vs the gt8

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=682507
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 03-02-2016 at 05:48 PM.

4. Banned
    yes that not me. I think you have me confuse with someone else. I love my garmin.

He was talking about me. And yes that was me.

Garmins are fine. Just not the right unit for me. And I just noted in this post that I had the same poor Di and Si performance that they have with the TD I had at the time

6. Banned
    Cool...i can respect that. You didn't have bad sidevue though did you? You said you just weren't happy with soft returns such as fish right? The gt50 and gt52 are tuned for hard returns...i.e. Structure. The new gt52 sacrifices a very very slight bit of detail on hard returns but greatly improves soft returns. It's a great addition to transducer choices. I'll have shots soon. Downvue could be better I agree but its better than the 1198 I had and I have no use for it anyway.

All of these units, no matter who the manufacturer is, have pluses and minuses. Everyone really has to do the research and decide what unit works best for them and the way they fish. If down imaging is the most important to you then the gen 3 or onix would likely be a better choice, but then you have to make sacrifices in other areas.

There are many examples of great screen shots out there. You did have a transducer replaced by garmin and never tried it correct?

Back on topic though the gt8 is a sleeper as well. It's the same element as the gt52 but chirp only with more sensitivity.
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 03-02-2016 at 06:13 PM.

Garmin customer service was very good and they sent me a new 7608 new gt50 and new tm150. I never tried them as I wanted to sell them as new and recoup some of my loses.

As said the techs looked at images and tested the transducers and said there was no probs.

I loved the 2d and thought the fish to the side on Si popped well. Si power/distance was impressive too

8. Banned
    Troy is the GT8 and the GT 22 the same transducer? I know the 22 can do down vu chirp which the GT8 can't do.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Garmin customer service was very good and they sent me a new 7608 new gt50 and new tm150. I never tried them as I wanted to sell them as new and recoup some of my loses.

As said the techs looked at images and tested the transducers and said there was no probs.

I loved the 2d and thought the fish to the side on Si popped well. Si power/distance was impressive too
    understood. thanks for the explanation. Im hoping we see some downvue improvements soon. they def heard the complaints about not seeing fish returns on sidevue and I think the gt52 will make most happy

Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    Troy is the GT8 and the GT 22 the same transducer? I know the 22 can do down vu chirp which the GT8 can't do.
    im not sure how many details I can share, but yes

the GT8HW is the same element as the GT22HW / 52HW but its chirp only and has more sensitivity

here are some gt8 2d shots

http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-e...low-shots.html
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 03-03-2016 at 06:40 AM.

10. Banned
    Why didn't the trees show a stronger return, is the DI cone that much wider than the sonars?

11. Banned
    different coverage area of the 200khz 2d and the downvue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12