Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nitro trailer wheels

I have a 2010 z8 that I'm thinking of upgrading my steel wheels on my trailer to aluminum. It's a tandem trailer. What are guys using for tire and wheel packages aftermarket wise? I know that some car wheels will work but I'm concerned about making them fit with bearing buddies. I like idea of towing with a automotive tire vs trailer tire. And what is the bolt pattern? Thanks. Advice on places/websites for prices are great!
    Last edited by joe468; 02-26-2016 at 05:52 AM.
    Thanks to 13 Fishing, Live Target Lures, Imperium Baits, Eclipse Apparel, Boca Bearings, my wife and most of all God for making this all possible.
    2010 Nitro Z8 Pro XS 250

2. Member
    I bought mine from here: http://www.trailer-wheels.com/Chrome...els_c_281.html

I bought these: http://www.trailer-wheels.com/14x6-T...l#.VtBZ05wrKUk

With Carlisle Radial Tires. Everything was shipped to my house and went very smooth.
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

3. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Got these wheels (@ same place as KLSU got his) along with caps & locking lugs...

http://www.trailer-wheels.com/14x55-...l#.VtB7Su_2YqQ

With the Carlisle Radial Trail RH tires from here...

https://www.treaddepot.com/#!productGroup/tires/radtr

Great service and fast shipping from both places. Have run the wheel/tire combo for ~7 months now and been very pleased.

4. Member
    I ordered a wheel and tire package from Performance Pus. Maxxis tires. Free mounting and free shipping.

www.performanceplustire.com
    Last edited by Bdog; 02-26-2016 at 12:51 PM.

Give Pros Choice a call. Board sponsor and have a ton of after market wheels for Nitro trailers.
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Pro XS 250 4 Stroke
    112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance HDS 12 live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live
    12" Atlas Hydraulic JP
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blades

Tow Vehicle
    2017 Toyota Tundra

Thanks guys for the help. Has anyone looked into or tried going with a automotive tire and rim. Or an automotive tire on the aftermarket trailer rim? I'm trying to get the exact bolt pattern I believe it's 5x114.5.
    Thanks to 13 Fishing, Live Target Lures, Imperium Baits, Eclipse Apparel, Boca Bearings, my wife and most of all God for making this all possible.
    2010 Nitro Z8 Pro XS 250

Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    Give Pros Choice a call. Board sponsor and have a ton of after market wheels for Nitro trailers.
    Black rims is now an option on Nitros.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I recently went with some light truck wheel and tires , rims are 18x9 and tires are lt 245/55/18 , probably have ran over 5000 miles with them and no issues plus looks great. ( I don't know how to post pics lol)

I Had to have the bolt pattern special cut

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe468 View Post
    Thanks guys for the help. Has anyone looked into or tried going with a automotive tire and rim. Or an automotive tire on the aftermarket trailer rim? I'm trying to get the exact bolt pattern I believe it's 5x114.5.
    Bolt pattern should be 5x114.3mm or 5x4.5 inch center that's what it is on mine. About the car tires I've heard they don't have the same load rating? Double check it.

Awesome guys I looked into the load rating and my choice is something in a light truck tire. 18x9 rims would be nice what was the offset because I read that it has to be a 0. I read an article that a LT tire has a better speed rating than a typical trailer tire and helps to eliminate blow outs when running a highway speeds. I travel a lot for fishing here in Canada and I like the idea of a LT tire!
    2010 Nitro Z8 Pro XS 250

You might want to use a tire size calculator to figure out what size you can run. Most trailer rims are 5 or 5.5 inches wide so an 8 inch wide rim could stick out past your fenders. You will want to stay close the same diameter (so it doesn't rub over bumps). Width I'd want to stay inside the fenders so you are kick rock, mud, etc., up against your boat.

You can run P tires on a dual axle trailer. I'm not sure how recommended it is but both Bass Cat and Ranger use them (Ranger uses them on their 17 inch wheels). You would not want P tires on a single axle. I ordered my new boat with 17 inch wheels but I'm thinking about changing it to 14s so I can run an actual ST tire. Ranger is using the Kenda Kentica tire on their 17 inch wheels.

If you stick with a 14 inch wheel size you can get the Kumho 857 205/14 which is arguable the best trailer tire made right now in terms of load and speed rating (99 mp). It will have the same size diameter as your 215s.

I got my custom rims from Tires Plus....Added Maxxus tires, really great combo!
    14072009267425.jpg
    Always "Huntin" the IA Bass!

Boat: Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion Unit: 200 Optimax ProXS
    Vertical Depth Propulsion Adjustment: 8" Bobs Action Jack
    Underwater Surveillance: Solix10 G2 Console & Solix10 G1 Bow
    Anchoring: Powerpole, Ultrex Spot Lock
    Dynamic Positioning System: Ultrex i-pilot Link

I got my wheels and high pressure valve stems from these guys.... http://www.trailer-wheels.com . I upgraded from 14" to 15" so I could easily find load range D tire for my single axle. I'm real happy with the change.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

15. Member
    Which ones did you go with Sooner? I will probably look at when it is time to replace the stock tires at doing the rims as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Which ones did you go with Sooner? I will probably look at when it is time to replace the stock tires at doing the rims as well.
    I went with the Hi Spec series 8. It comes either in brushed aluminum like mine in the picture or with half the spokes and rim blacked out. For some reason their website wouldn't let me copy a picture so here's a link... http://www.trailer-wheels.com/HWT-Series-08_c_449.html .
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post

I got my wheels and high pressure valve stems from these guys.... http://www.trailer-wheels.com . I upgraded from 14" to 15" so I could easily find load range D tire for my single axle. I'm real happy with the change.
    That's nice! What 15" tire size, is the overall height the same? Any tire clearance issues?
    Mercury 200hp V6 DTS #2B590854

The tires in the picture are some loaners that Discount Tire put on because the Carlisles didn't come in on the truck like they were supposed to. I'm now running 205/75R 15 that are load range D. I am becoming a preacher on the subject of single axle trailer owners taking a hard look at how close to the edge you are when you're running load range C tires. My 14" Carlisle LRC tires were 205/75 14; total diameter 27.1" and max load 1760 lbs. My 15" Carlisles are 27.2" with a load rating of 2150 lbs. As you can see in the picture, I have no problem with clearance in the fenders. I was afraid that I might have a problem with the motor hitting the garage door header without lowering the motor but there was no problem there either.

Do the math and think about how much your boat, motor, tackle, gas, and beef jerky weigh and then how close to the total load limit you're driving. In addition, LRC tires are rated for a maximum speed of 65 mph...I can drive up to 99 mph if I lose my mind and want to.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Thanks for all the help guys I just bought a set of Fast HD 17x8 and had a set of Goodyear Eagle Performance Tires mounted 225/55/17. Will update picks. And yes those are a "passanger" tire but the load rating was higher than my current trailer tires. Plus they had a much better speed rating. Will update with progress and performance. Tire guy said they are an awesome tire and I got a set of 4 take offs from a dealership at half the cost of new.
    2010 Nitro Z8 Pro XS 250

20. Member
    How are the tires holding up? Where did you buy the wheels?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast