Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar

Anchor Light on Power Pole

Looking for options for installing nav/anchor lights on a power pole blade ?
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

I have been looking and have a few ideas. There is nothing mass produced out there. The only negative thing I can see is that if the pole is down you wouldn't see the light. Wouldn't matter to me because I wouldn't have the pole down in any scenario where the light is necessary.

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I have seen the 3 different ways, like the bolt lights in the top holes the best but have issues with the rear because of the knuckle
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    I WAS GOING TO INSTALL A SMALL ANCHOR LIGHT ON MINE AT THE TOP{THEY HAVE A SMALL 4IN. LIGHT ON AMAZON}…MAKING A ADAPTOR TO FIT INTO THE BOLTS AT THE TOP OFF EITHER SIDE OF THE POLE…MY ONLY CONCERN IS SOMETIMES I WILL BE POWER POLE DOWN SITTING AT THE DOCK OR WAITING FOR IT TO GET LIGHT AT A TX. I WILL FIGURE SOMETHING OUT. I HATE TAKING THAT LIGHT OUT AND HAVING TO PUT IT AWAY EACH TIME I HAVE A TX EARLY MORNINGS...

5. Member
    Thinking of this myself, what about a led light at mounted at the top? And well maybe some Red or Blue inside the blade for some bling...
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro88 View Post
    Thinking of this myself, what about a led light at mounted at the top? And well maybe some Red or Blue inside the blade for some bling...
    I have a plan, will post pictures when finished, including the red lights inside
    info@drewcraft.com

Attached Images Attached Images

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member
    Great idea Drewtick. Where did you find those lights? How did you route the wires?

Thanks.

10. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie_diaz View Post
    Great idea Drewtick. Where did you find those lights? How did you route the wires?

Thanks.
    I will get pics of the wiring today, but to keep from drilling any holes I made a backing plate to screw into besides the 3m adhesive

info@drewcraft.com

11. Member
    Very nice. I don't have the Blade series, but I have another idea on how to mount without drilling. Where did you purchase the lights? I tried looking for them online, but I'm coming up with nothing.

Thank you very much for the pictures.

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie_diaz View Post
    Very nice. I don't have the Blade series, but I have another idea on how to mount without drilling. Where did you purchase the lights? I tried looking for them online, but I'm coming up with nothing.

Thank you very much for the pictures.
    • SeaChoice SCP 03001

got mine from west marine
    seen some on Amazon
    info@drewcraft.com

13. Member
    How did you run the wiring to keep it out of he way and still give you the play when the poles are extended?

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    How did you run the wiring to keep it out of he way and still give you the play when the poles are extended?
    Still experimenting, I ran them down at least 100 times last weekend, no problem so far but when all the way down in 10 ft they wanted to pull from inside but so did the PP lines
    info@drewcraft.com

Those all look sharp. I think thats a cool idea with the anchor light on top.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

16. Member
    I was thinking about a coil cord like that of a cell phone charger. I am going to do this soon.

17. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I was thinking about a coil cord like that of a cell phone charger. I am going to do this soon.

great idea
    http://www.amazon.com/Coiled-Cable-C.../dp/B00BSORUSW
    info@drewcraft.com

18. Member
    "The dude" that's a serious looking bracket for that light..

19. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I took your Idea and redid my wiring with a coiled wire
    info@drewcraft.com

20. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast