Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Member
    Wow moor and moor bad skeeters WOW

2. Member
    Funny that out of the 20 or so people I know with skeeters have had zero issues.

3. Member
    Am I understand this is an older thread but I want to share what happened to my fishing partners boat and skeeter’s “fix”
    he bought a tax 190 and after only a few months of owning the boat it started to get bad stress cracks on both sides of the boat (not from impact and not in a place you would ever say it’s “normal”). Skeeter told him to take it to a local shop to get it repaired. He did as they wished but all they did was re spray the gel and not fix the underlying issue with the boat. And they came right back. He went through the same process to see what skeeter would do. After going round and round and offering to take it to the plant, they told him to get bent as they fixed it once.

Reason on I am sharing this, I have seen many skeeters with issues that should of never happened. Do all boats have issues, sure but their charging a lot of money to have these issues. BUT if they tell you to take it to a local glass shop do not do it. At least take it to your dealer and make their hands get involved. But it needs to be fixed from skeeter.

I like skeeters lay out and they do fish well, look good too. But. I will never own one because of issues like y’all are having and from what I have experienced first hand. I hope all of y’all having issues get resolved in a proper and speedy manner.

4. Member
    yes, old thread but i think this is how skeeter handles hull issues.

there is a popular invite only oilfield fishing tournament down here that skeeter donates a bay boat package for a pull prize. 60k stripped bay boat all you do is pay taxes. Winner of that boat the year previous started developing stress cracks all over the boat. He sent the boat back to skeeter where they fixed or attempted to fix any of the issues. But new cracks started appearing. We just so happen to share the camp we stay at with some guys from texas and one is a skeeter rep. Got the guy to talk to the rep and the rep said they would not give him a new boat for that, but for him to record all the issues from day 1 including the attempted fixes and the rep would make a record of that. He told the guy to run that boat as hard as you can for the next few months. If nothing major breaks due to the cracking then thats it. Skeeter would not do anything in terms of a new hull. But if something did occur he would put in a recommendation that he get a new hull.

Seems like they have a protocol to at least attempt to fix. Then if the fix doesn't cut it they will get a new hull.

5. Member
    I know in the case I mentioned that skeeters excuse was that they fixed it once and wiped their hands of it. They are trying to pump out as many boats as possible and flood the market and quality has dipped, customer service as well. With the price of these boats and length of loans I look at it and ask if the boat will put last the loan if I paid regular payments. And if something drastically goes wrong will they stand behind it. Some have gotten lucky but not all.

I spoke to 2 different well respected fiberglass shops in last 2 weeks. Just guys I know that own them and I asked how Skeeter was to work with and both stated that Skeeter was one of the better companies in regards to factory defects getting fixed. Both said they are good to deal with from a customer and a shop point of view.

7. Member
    Not just boats. I'm in the car business and it's the same there too. Way more recalls and campaigns. All these manufacturers are adding more stuff as standard equipment and they have to find ways to cut cost and rush out their new products to beat the competition. You can tell that the material used are cheaper and fit and finish is not like older cars.

8. Member
    I've owned most of the different manufactured bass boats over my lifetime. Yes, like most things mass produced by people, they have issues sometimes. I noticed several quality problems on many new boats I've owned and considered buying. Seems most were minor things but still unacceptable on a new product. My Skeeter boats from the 1980's were high quality well built boats. As ownership changed over the years, I noticed a lack of quality in several cost saving areas. My Rangers from the 1980's were head and shoulders above them all, but my last new one in 2004 had some gelcoat issues....I was surprised and disappointed. So with all the hate on Trackers and Nitro boats over the years, I tried them and was very happy....got lucky I guess. Before retiring I decided to buy a new bass boat and compared a few major brands I've owned in the past. I was not impressed by any of them. I spotted flaws in every boat I saw on the showroom. So, I decided to buy a new Nitro Z7 and that was over 6 years ago. I saved a little money and went fishing. Not one single issue with anything. Moral of the story, buy the one you like and can afford but never expect it to be perfect. But expect the factory to do the right thing when under warranty. Then you must do the right thing and take care of your boat.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456