Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Wow guess I got lucky and got the only perfect one off the line recently. Not one single issue at all and fit and finish are outstanding. Will buy again no doubt.
    1998 Triton TR-21 2012 Yamaha 225 SHO

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter1234 View Post
    Depends when your boat came down the line in '15
    if QC was being taken care of it shouldn't matter when it came down the the line .... lord have mercy put the cool aid down ......
    Recovering burn victim. Please be carefull

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterToo View Post
    It's just like anything else, you never catch it all until you get it in your possession to see it. I'm sure you have been the same way. The main thing has been posted, it's not the problem, it's the solution. Sorry if you got your feelings hurt but I paid for my FX21 and it seems to continue to have cosmetic issues and qc issues. By the way I typically do not crawl around in the bilge and check all the wire crimps or remove seats to check livewell connections,etc. lol
    Nah my feelings are not hurt. I have owned 4 skeeters over 7yrs. Cant complain much about the first one as it was 13yrs old, 07 zx190 not a single issue, 07 I class the DMS box. The trailer and crappy HPDI I don't blame Skeeter for. It did have stress cracks in sponsons but again that boat was 7yrs old and they were not big. '15 Zx had some spots of "gel bonding"? All cosmetic barely noticeable but these appeared 100+ days after purchase. Not sure why these happened and the boat began assembly on March 31 and delivered from TX to SC on April 18, then spent the next months and days in record heat and humidity. Not sure what that role played but for a 3wk built boat that the only issues I had and Skeeter fixed it. I got no complaints about them and Yamaha and EZ Loader have come a long way too.
    I guess in a nut shell this post started as hey I got a problem, lets see how it works out into a basically bashing forum by the owners themselves. This is something I would expect to see on another board by buyers saying "well I looked at a Skeeter, but saw these problems then went with brand "X""

4. Member
    Some of us try to and look out for the company that will take care of us when or if we have issues. I appreciate those that have positive comments about the boats I love and trust. For the rest.. well... i'm sorry you are so unhappy.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter1234 View Post
    Some of us try to and look out for the company that will take care of us when or if we have issues. I appreciate those that have positive comments about the boats I love and trust. For the rest.. well... i'm sorry you are so unhappy.
    Am I upset about my issues yes. But I do love my skeeter despite the problems. As crazy as it may sound I will probably stick it out with them and not jump ship although it's hard not to. I just hope my boat gets replaced and I can wipe the slate clean.
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

In summary:

QC is EVERYTHING...excuses do not feed the bulldog when boats cost MEGABUCKS

IF $$ IS THAT TIGHT for Yamaha...give away 5-10 less boats and swap out when this sort of HORRIBLE issue surfaces...
    at least the 1st QC disasters would be covered...

It is 2016...not 1982 when I got my 1st of 7 Skeeters...MORE is expected in QC...

Doing what is the totally right thing FIRST saves a company from a huge pile of crap and bad PR down the road...PLUS boosts their rep!

Some guy will go off on Skeeter (aka get a mean lawyer) some day at this rate....and who wants that? No one really....what a stink that will be.

Hopefully, this will be settled ASAP in the fashion expected when a consumer lays out $40,000-$70,000 "with hull warranty"...
    (patching a tire virtually in the sales lot when the tire needs replacing can never cut it for your new Mercedes either)...
    We all look forward to good news!

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

7. Member
    just read all the new post! like i said in my previous post i am not upset that my boat delaminated. problems arise and it looks like this company is stepping up and taking care of it. now, if this new boat has problems i will take my 65k and try a phoenix. there was a comment made from skeeter that they are bombed with small gell problems and people screaming i deserve a new boat. all boats get stress cracks and a few will blister. mine was a mess and they have been fair taking care of it.

8. Member
    Good to hear hope the new hull is problem free

9. Member
    Are these issues only happening on the FX serries or also happening on the ZX series. It seem like a couple FX owners have had some issues.

10. Member
    I have also had three Skeeters, one Nitro and most recently a 2014 Ranger 520C. I thought I was getting the "Best" with the Ranger................Not! Gel cracks, carpet pealing up, shitty ride, and terrible handling made me trade her and go back to a Skeeter. So far my new FX 20 rides better, handles WAY better, livewells keep fish alive better, seats are more comfortable and speed doesn't even compare. I am glad to be back to Skeeter. Oh and I almost forgot. Price was $15,000 more for my Ranger with all the same options.................Just my 2 cents!

11. Moderator
    Any updates?

12. Member
    Heard from him on another forum. He is now driving a new 2015 FX21 and breaking it in as we read. ;-)

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Any updates?
    picked up my new 2015 boat tuesday! I have 8 hours on it now and am having a problem with the motor when getting out of the hole. It seems to bog down occasionally when I floor it especially when under load of livewells and gas full. I am hoping that it is just because it is still breaking in. As far as dealing with skeeter I think were fair and did what they should have done under these circumstances. What do you think about the motor issues?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis5634 View Post
    picked up my new 2015 boat tuesday! I have 8 hours on it now and am having a problem with the motor when getting out of the hole. It seems to bog down occasionally when I floor it especially when under load of livewells and gas full. I am hoping that it is just because it is still breaking in. As far as dealing with skeeter I think were fair and did what they should have done under these circumstances. What do you think about the motor issues?
    89+ octane? Prop pitch low enough? If those are good, then bring back to dealer for the needed adjustments.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis5634 View Post
    It seems like you got a new motor also? That's great but were you able to keep the Simon ecu?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    It seems like you got a new motor also? That's great but were you able to keep the Simon ecu?
    no because it would have had my hours on it from my old motor.

17. Member
    i have a 2019 FX 21 LE that I bought March 28th. I have had the boat into the dealer 7 times in that time. 3 times the dealer sent me back home with the boat and said they didnt have time to get to it (that's after making an appointment to take it in.)
    Here is the list of issues I have with this boat so far.
    1. 5 air bubbles in the gel coat in the top cap. (3 of them broke through with just finger pressure on them leaving a hole about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch done into the fiberglass.)
    One on the console and one on the fender of the trailer as well.
    2. there is a spider webbed crack where the hull meats the deck cap just above the sponson. It was done at the factory during assembly because the sealant they put between the 2 is covering part of the cracks.

3. 3 long scratches on the top cap that will need to be professionally removed. I'm sure this was done during rigging.
    4. ALL of the seat material, even the pedestal seats, have faded and in areas the color has washed out all together. Skeeter said they got a bad batch of material and all of the boats that with that seat material have to be redone.
    5. when the Minn Kota charger is plugged in everything metal on the deck including the outboard will shock the hell out of you. Minn Kota and Skeeter say "check all plug ins tomake sure they are wired correctly before using them." And , "put a wood block between the charger and the aluminum mounting plate on the boat and the charger. This should take care of the problem." A wood Block on a $75,000 boat that boast about the all composite construction!! I could only laugh when they suggested that one.
    6. The boat wiring is not heavy enough to support the new Humminbird Solix 12" at the console. Every time I start the outboard it will cause the 12" unit at the console to shut down or it will give a low voltage alarm. most of the time it will just shut down completely and restart. I have had the boat in 3 times for this with no positive results yet. Apparently neither Skeeter or Humminbird have a solution to this problem.

I will say that Skeeter has acknowledged all of these issues and have said they will take care of it but after 7 times to the dealer not a single issue has been resolved.
    As far as the gel coat issues are concerned they recommend I take it to the local fiberglass shop to have them repair the air bubbles and the spider webbed damage that occurred at the factory. I plan to have this taken care of at the end of the fishing season due to the length of time they will have the boat. My concern is that a fiberglass shop will not be able to match these areas and that there may be more areas come up later after my one year warranty is over. Two of these spot did not show up until the summer heat got up to about 100 degrees. How many more will show up in the next few years?
    I ordered this boat at the boat show February of 2019 and this was after strongly considering the Zx 250. The problem with the ZX250 was that the two they had at the boat show had gel coat blemishes in the top caps as well. one was so bad along the striping on the hull that I was shocked that they even had it there at the show.
    A friend of mine bought a ZX 250 at the same time that I Bought my boat and he has had 3 gel coat blemishes on his top cap as well. one was covered by one of the stickers that skeeter puts on the boat at the factory. What alerted him to that spot was that the sticker was so out of place compared to where they put it on all of the other new boats. It was an obvious attempt to cover a bad spot in the gel coat.
    Skeeter did not build their reputation because of this type of poor quality control. I left Ranger to go with Skeeter because I had heard a lot of good things about the quality of their boats. I was also worried that Rangers quality control would go the way of some of the other Brands that Bass Pro has taken over so I decided to go with Skeeter.
    I really feel I made a huge mistake because the quality control that Skeeter has displayed is exactly what i was trying to avoid when i changed brands.
    Now if some of you guys expect the rest of us who have issues with Skeeter to sit back and not express our displeasure with this manufacturer after dropping $75,000 then you are living in a Skeeter fantasy land. Whether they fix the boat or not is no excuse for the poor quality control. Skeeter should never let a boat with this many issues out the door.
    After they Sand, re-gel coat the problem areas, rewire, and put new seat skin on the boat is it still a $75,000 boat or a boat that has bean damaged and then repaired.
    In a boating accident if these things were to occur there would be diminished value.
    I don't own a $75,000 boat, I own a damaged boat in need of repair. It came that way from the factory.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash-it View Post
    i have a 2019 FX 21 LE that I bought March 28th. I have had the boat into the dealer 7 times in that time. 3 times the dealer sent me back home with the boat and said they didnt have time to get to it (that's after making an appointment to take it in.)
    1. 5 air bubbles in the gel coat in the top cap. (3 of them broke through with just finger pressure on them leaving a hole about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch done into the fiberglass.)
    2. there is a spider webbed crack where the hull meats the deck cap just above the sponson. It was done at the factory during assembly because the sealant they put between the 2 is covering part of the cracks.

3. 3 long scratches on the top cap that will need to be professionally removed. I'm sure this was done during rigging.
    4. ALL of the seat material, even the pedestal seats, have faded and in areas the color has washed out all together. Skeeter said they got a bad batch of material and all of the boats that with that seat material have to be redone.
    5. when the Minn Kota charger is plugged in everything metal on the deck including the outboard will shock the hell out of you. Minn Kota and Skeeter say "check all plug ins tomake sure they are wired correctly before using them." And , "put a wood block between the charger and the aluminum mounting plate on the boat and the charger. This should take care of the problem." A wood Block on a $75,000 boat that boast about the all composite construction!! I could only laugh when they suggested that one.
    6. The boat wiring is not heavy enough to support the new Humminbird Solix 12" at the console. Every time I start the outboard it will cause the 12" unit at the console to shut down or it will give a low voltage alarm. most of the time it will just shut down completely and restart. I have had the boat in 3 times for this with no positive results yet. Apparently neither Skeeter or Humminbird have a solution to this problem.

I will say that Skeeter has acknowledged all of these issues and have said they will take care of it but after 7 times to the dealer not a single issue has been resolved.
    As far as the gel coat issues are concerned they recommend I take it to the local fiberglass shop to have them repair the air bubbles and the spider webbed damage that occurred at the factory. I plan to have this taken care of at the end of the fishing season due to the length of time they will have the boat. My concern is that a fiberglass shop will not be able to match these areas and that there may be more areas come up later after my one year warranty is over. Two of these spot did not show up until the summer heat got up to about 100 degrees. How many more will show up in the next few years?
    I ordered this boat at the boat show February of 2019 and this was after strongly considering the Zx 250. The problem with the ZX250 was that the two they had at the boat show had gel coat blemishes in the top caps as well. one was so bad along the striping on the hull that I was shocked that they even had it there at the show.
    A friend of mine bought a ZX 250 at the same time that I Bought my boat and he has had 3 gel coat blemishes on his top cap as well. one was covered by one of the stickers that skeeter puts on the boat at the factory. What alerted him to that spot was that the sticker was so out of place compared to where they put it on all of the other new boats. It was an obvious attempt to cover a bad spot in the gel coat.
    Skeeter did not build their reputation because of this type of poor quality control. I left Ranger to go with Skeeter because I had heard a lot of good things about the quality of their boats. I was also worried that Rangers quality control would go the way of some of the other Brands that Bass Pro has taken over so I decided to go with Skeeter.
    I really feel I made a huge mistake because the quality control that Skeeter has displayed is exactly what i was trying to avoid when i changed brands.
    Now if some of you guys expect the rest of us who have issues with Skeeter to sit back and not express our displeasure with this manufacturer after dropping $75,000 then you are living in a Skeeter fantasy land. Whether they fix the boat or not is no excuse for the poor quality control. Skeeter should never let a boat with this many issues out the door.
    After they Sand, re-gel coat the problem areas, rewire, and put new seat skin on the boat is it still a $75,000 boat or a boat that has bean damaged and then repaired.
    In a boating accident if these things were to occur there would be diminished value.
    I don't own a $75,000 boat, I own a damaged boat in need of repair. It came that way from the factory.
    You do realize this a 3 year old thread, right?

19. bullyfish
    You guys forgot all The computer controls going out. And the company that makes them doesn’t make them anymore Skeeter solution is to rewire the whole boat. Yamaha and Skeeter has went to hell with there Quality and reliability no more for me

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash-it View Post

tough deal for sure, I recommend starting a new thread...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast