Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    z
    Last edited by zdavis5634; 02-23-2016 at 05:15 PM.

2. Member
    What is the problem with your Skeeter?

This seems to be happening more and more. Boat manufacturers really need to step up their game. No I'm not just talking about Skeeter

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

4. Member
    What wrong with it? I would like to know what to look out for.

my strake fell off along with gel coat. after close inspection it is happening on other strakes as well. I erased my first post to see how it would be handled. so far skeeter and foothills marine have done a great job! I received a call yesterday from the warranty/customer service manager just to tell me they received the boat and the engineer was looking at it. I really hope they dont try to patch it. It needs a new hull as this one seems to be faulty. They are really trying to accommodate me by having it back to south carolina in two weeks. Bad situation, but if it returns in two weeks with a new hull and no problems I would say it couldnt have been handled any better. We will see what happens....

6. Banned
    keep us updated

The whole strake came off the hull? Wow. I dont think Iv heard of that before. Good luck. Im sure skeeter will take care of you

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

well, I heard today via voicemail with no return phone call from two different people that they are going to PATCH my boat!!! What a joke, strakes falling off and starting to do the same on the other side. i had a gel coat guy that builds baja that is employed by the dealership state that he would not attempt to fix this! said it is a flawed hull and should be replaced. must be cheaper for them to patch it up!

9. Banned
    whats explanation for what happened?

pictures?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

11. Member
    How does a strake fall off, are they not part of the mold??? What exactly are they patching... ??? We need some pics.
    2014 Skeeter TZX 190 175HPDI

the glass guy employed by foothills marine said it looked like they taped off the strakes and the gell is not sticking to it. the only pics taken were taken by foothills marine.i should have taken pics myself but i really was led to believe by all parties that it would have a new hull under it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    This seems to be happening more and more. Boat manufacturers really need to step up their game. No I'm not just talking about Skeeter
    Sadly this is truth. I looked at skeeter a couple years ago and you could tell the quality wasn't where it used to be. Not that they are horrible, just not where they once were. They are not the only ones, ranger isn't where they once we're either. Legend is having problems with boats cracking. I haven't had the chance to really look over Triton but haven't heard a whole lot. Phoenix has a few stress cracks but they seem to be fixing them and haven't heard about cats. For the money we shouldn't have to worry about these boats.

14. Banned
    Trust me its on Tritons and Basscats. I owned both and both had a few cracks.

Very rare on a cat but does happen.

Do not let them patch the strake back on. Hull needs to be replaced, this def is a issue.
    Strakes dont just fall off, its part of the hull. Sorry bro, hope they address it the right way
    Last edited by J Nasty; 03-10-2016 at 10:29 AM.

15. Member
    Sounds like u need to find your local BBB office and get a complaint filed keep records of everything

16. Member
    Every high performance bass boat ever made has had stress cracks. You may not have seen them on your (insert your boat here) but somewhere someone with the same boat has a few. Stress cracks are not necessarily a sign of bad quality they are virtually unpreventable. My 2004 zx250 had 2, My buddy's ranger 520 has some, know a guy with an almost new basscat erya that has some, and have a buddy with an older nitro that he treats like crap and it has none "that you can see". But a strake falling off I have never heard of. That is wild and I absolutely hate to hear that happening to someone. I don't think that means quality is going down though. Factory hull errors have been happening with all manufacturers for years. I had to have a factory hull error repaired at a fiberglass shop on my skeeter caused by them removing it from the mold incorrectly. Wasn't to expensive 550$ I think but that error was made 12 years ago and I still believe the mid 2000s skeeters were the best hull on the market in that time period. Its how the companies handle these errors when they are made that decides if they get my vote. I believe you hear of a lot more issues now because of new means of communication i.e. social media, or BBC and there are ALOT more bass boats being sold now. This is just my opinion on the subject.

17. Member
    The strakes can't fall off. I'm willing to bet there are air voids on the strakes and the gel coat chipped off in places. Strakes are one of the most likely places for air voids. Pretty easy to fix also.

18. Member
    update.... got a call from the VP at skeeter. he was not familiar with my boat or the problems.He listened to my explanation and description of events thus far. after hearing my concerns of it happening on the other side and/or not performing as well as it did before the patch job he assured me that if I have any problems with the gel coat or lack of performance when it returns the entire boat will be exchanged for a new one. I really cant ask for anything else, although I feel this should be done in the first place. He is going to look into it and call me tomorrow.

19. Member
    been running skeeters for 16 years, current boat is 3 years old will never buy another skeeter QC does not exist there.

Regardless, ALL boat owners need to see 3-4 good pictures posted...
    rigs are off the wall expensive so buyers have to have all possible awareness...
    every monster mistake will create boat maker awareness...quality control is EVERYTHING....

thanx for posting and no one getting to rash about it so the maker can address this buyer and also get to the bottom of possible causes, etc...
    we and all makers benefit when stuff like this surfaces and is handled in a responsible way....

my 2016 ZX225 is about 14 hours old...
    so now I have the shakes somewhat.....
    not good for me or the maker...

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast