Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis5634 View Post
    I am in Texas so I went by the factory today. The watrranty manager was there and the vp is out until tomo. The strake opposite the repair is still crooked. All they did is repair where it was starting to come off. When I pointed it out he argued with my wife and I that they are all like that. We looked at new boats and all are straight. He has no intention of doing anything different. Hope that the vp keeps his word as I am very dissatisfied with the repair. The glass guy at the dealership said he would not attempt to repair it because it is already coming off on the port side and the starbird side has a 20 ft long 6 inch wide strip gone. The warranty/customer service manager was arguing and raising his voice to my wife saying he sees this all the time! The vp will get a chance to fix the problem tomo.
    Well what the VP say?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvtwin View Post
    Well what the VP say?
    he called and sent email stating that the fiberglass did not bond properly on the bottom of the boat and some boats strakes dont come out of the mold straight. his email said if it happens again or does not perform as it did before he would replace the boat,motor.and trailer. i went out yesterday and the boat seems to run like it used to and it looks fine. my boat had a complete detail and a couple dings that were on the hull were fixed. i am happy to have my boat back and think the promise of a new boat if further problems is fair.

3. Member
    he called and sent email stating that the fiberglass did not bond properly on the bottom of the boat and some boats strakes dont come out of the mold straight. his email said if it happens again or does not perform as it did before he would replace the boat,motor.and trailer. i went out yesterday and the boat seems to run like it used to and it looks fine. my boat had a complete detail and a couple dings that were on the hull were fixed. i am happy to have my boat back and think the promise of a new boat if further problems is fair.
    I agree whole heartedly with the out come... I hope she stays together for you and that you have no other worries. But you also have one hell of a recourse if it don't.. Happy fishing brother!

4. Member
    well we will get to see if the VP keeps his word! the fiberglass is coming off in the same spot. i will keep everyone posted on how they handle this situation.

Wow....

well we will get to see if the VP keeps his word! the fiberglass is coming off in the same spot. i will keep everyone posted on how they handle this situation.

As others mentioned, should have been a new boat and that one used for understanding their issues. Hopefully they do what should have been done.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Dang!!!! Hope they replace ur boat with another one...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Banned
    When you said something about the warranty manager saying he sees this all the time I would urge everyone to check their new boats for defects. My fx developed 4 foot long spider crack on the running surface. So far it's holding up after warranty repair. It's a shame this company has no quality control and hasn't done anything to improve in recent years. I would also ask the vp to make my boat payment for the time you lost being repaired.

9. Member
    I finally figured out how to post pictures on here. The first picture here is from the first time it happened from the front of the boat to the back.The second is from after I took it out of the water yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unreal they did not replace that the first time.

11. Member
    I would be pissed at the person who did the work if that is happening in the same spot. At this point it is not Skeeter's fault if that is where the repair was made.

12. Member
    It seems that the paint was sprayed and dried and then the fiberglass. Not sure of the steps they go to but one thing is for sure things only stick to paint a few ways, mechanical or chemical.. The paint is peeling off the hull cause it was only painted black! No flake to stick and help bond to the glass and resin. And pretty sure they don't sand the inside of the hole after the clear gel coat or any other is sprayed.. They know that it's a bonding issue between the glass/resin and the paint! It will continue no matter what. Probably even in different places! Good luck brother! I waited my whole life yo get a new boat and man I think I picked the wrong manufacture ?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    I would be pissed at the person who did the work if that is happening in the same spot. At this point it is not Skeeter's fault if that is where the repair was made.
    skeeter factory did the repair.i had a glass guy look at it who is employed by foothills marine that said he would not attempt to fix it because it is a bonding issue and it will keep happening. WELL.... he was right!

14. Member
    It seems that the paint was sprayed and dried and then the fiberglass. Not sure of the steps they go to but one thing is for sure things only stick to paint a few ways, mechanical or chemical.. The paint is peeling off the hull cause it was only painted black! No flake to stick and help bond to the glass and resin. And pretty sure they don't sand the inside of the hole after the clear gel coat or any other is sprayed.. They know that it's a bonding issue between the glass/resin and the paint! It will continue no matter what. Probably even in different places! Good luck brother! I waited my whole life yo get a new boat and man I think I picked the wrong manufacture ?
    dont give up on them yet. its a great boat,lets see how they handle it.

15. Member
    dont give up on them yet. its a great boat,lets see how they handle it.
    Man I hope the treat you right!! I was about to have a custom built boat made but the manufacture told me it had to go thru a dealer.. Will I anything was not exactly how I wanted then I wouldn't take the boat at all.. Spend that kind of loot on one it better be exactly what I wanted
    Thanks for the suggestion man.

16. Member
    I am in Texas so I went by the factory today. The watrranty manager was there and the vp is out until tomo. The strake opposite the repair is still crooked. All they did is repair where it was starting to come off. When I pointed it out he argued with my wife and I that they are all like that. We looked at new boats and all are straight. He has no intention of doing anything different. Hope that the vp keeps his word as I am very dissatisfied with the repair. The glass guy at the dealership said he would not attempt to repair it because it is already coming off on the port side and the starbird side has a 20 ft long 6 inch wide strip gone. The warranty/customer service manager was arguing and raising his voice to my wife saying he sees this all the time! The vp will get a chance to fix the problem tomo.

Let me guess......Robert Young????
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seniorjumper82 View Post
    Let me guess......Robert Young????
    When I read that post that was my thought as well!
    I don't know where we are, but we are making darn good time.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    When you said something about the warranty manager saying he sees this all the time I would urge everyone to check their new boats for defects. My fx developed 4 foot long spider crack on the running surface. So far it's holding up after warranty repair. It's a shame this company has no quality control and hasn't done anything to improve in recent years. I would also ask the vp to make my boat payment for the time you lost being repaired.
    Wrong. Skeeter has taken drastic measures and spent lots of money to ensure QA is in place and problems continue to be fixed and resolved. All boats any brand will have stress cracks. Keep in mind that these are humans building these boats by hand and they aren't always perfect. I think it was very upstanding of the VP to recognize the issue and give his word that the boat would be replaced if it wasn't up to par after the repair.

19. Member
    Wrong. I don't know what model this boat is but you can only get black or white gel as a running surface color on ZX's depending on the color option. On FX's however, gel is also standard on running surface but you can option up to a different gel color other than black or white. That is because the FX can be custom colored to a degree. The comment of having no flake to bond to is irrelevant.

20. Member
    I am interested in out come on this sotuation i know every company can have a bad product every once in awhile its how they handle the problem that counts they tried to fix did not work now will they replace like they said they would another repair is not acceptable

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast