Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Reelman, get out there and drive it like you stole it! The reason you have warranty is to back up your purchase. Enjoy that boat and do not worry. They have and always will make a great product and support their buying community. It is not in their interest to sell junk as that will put them out of business immediately. Sure there will be a few issues now and then...no way to avoid it...we are all human. But I would rather deal with Skeeter on an issue than some corporate help desk at the big box boat builders. Tight lines!

2. Member
    i love my skeeter! i have owned rangers and other skeeter boats. it is the best riding boat i have been in. my fear is that it loses speed, doesnt lift and handle the way it used to. but the promise of it doesnt perform or anything else happens to the boat i will be put in a new one is enough for me! i will keep everyone posted on what happens. i dont think this is a common problem but a isolated incident that everyone from the dealer to the VP is trying to correct.

I think that a vice president of a company as big as Skeeter contacting you as a customer is pretty cool. I seriously doubt the VP of Triton would contact me. I could ne qrong though

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

4. Member
    i still think that they should have put a new hull under it. if it comes back and has problems then back to the factory it really cuts into my fishing time!

5. Member
    I have a problem with my 2014 skeeter trailer , when I picked it up the paint blew off the trailer from dealer washing it the day of pick up , they contacted skeeter and said they would replace it , so we made a deal use it for summer ?? and come winter will get the new one . so I drop it middle of Nov 2015 and figure I give them a call in Feb . No trailer but they say its ready and waiting for transport , now middle of March call still waiting for transport Hummm time to start getting ready for Tournaments need the Boat so Dealer says you can take her and will call when it comes in and swap it over , Maybe I need to call Skeeter anyone have there number

6. Member
    Skeeter is dealing with EZ loader (the trailer manufacturer) with your stated issue.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelman View Post
    Regardless, ALL boat owners need to see 3-4 good pictures posted...
    rigs are off the wall expensive so buyers have to have all possible awareness...
    every monster mistake will create boat maker awareness...quality control is EVERYTHING....

thanx for posting and no one getting to rash about it so the maker can address this buyer and also get to the bottom of possible causes, etc...
    we and all makers benefit when stuff like this surfaces and is handled in a responsible way....

my 2016 ZX225 is about 14 hours old...
    so now I have the shakes somewhat.....
    not good for me or the maker...
    I agree totally. My ZX250 has 4 hours on it and I am somewhat concerned..

8. Fishing is a Passion
    The power of the BBC, never doubt it
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

9. Member
    Hunter1234 was just getting a little worried , being that E Z loader can't give dealer delivery date . My dealer been on top of it ever week , Thanks good to know Skeeter is on top of it also.

I have had bassboats now for 15 years. I started with Triton, went to Basscat, and now have my 1st Skeeter. Customer service is a huge factor for me when making a boat purchase. I sold my Triton and went to BassCat because of it. When I had an issue with my Cat, They handled it immediately, unlike Triton. (no complaints with BCB)
    This year the choice came down to Ranger or Skeeter, and I chose Skeeter because they are not part of a big corporation. (known as Johnny Morris)

Every manufacture is going to have an issue now and then. I'm sure most everyone has had a car or truck with a recall. And to have the VP of Skeeter get involved in a customer issue is exactly what I want to hear.
    I hope I never have an issue with my Skeeter, but if I do, I feel it will get taken care of.

Now I need to get my signature changed......
    https://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=a2c75a1af14eaa119a16dcf07a6807f9

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    I have a problem with my 2014 skeeter trailer , when I picked it up the paint blew off the trailer from dealer washing it the day of pick up , they contacted skeeter and said they would replace it , so we made a deal use it for summer ?? and come winter will get the new one . so I drop it middle of Nov 2015 and figure I give them a call in Feb . No trailer but they say its ready and waiting for transport , now middle of March call still waiting for transport Hummm time to start getting ready for Tournaments need the Boat so Dealer says you can take her and will call when it comes in and swap it over , Maybe I need to call Skeeter anyone have there number
    I have a 2008 zx225 and i love the boat never a issue, but might not buy another due to the trailers being such a POS.

12. Member
    Vp called me again as he said he would. said it is done and should be her next week. again stated that if i am dissatisfied with anything he will replace the boat. very happy with service and am a skeeter owner for life.

13. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis5634 View Post
    Vp called me again as he said he would. said it is done and should be her next week. again stated that if i am dissatisfied with anything he will replace the boat. very happy with service and am a skeeter owner for life.
    Thanks! Great to hear! With the amount coin you dropped on that boat they better take care of you! I hope they understand everyone watches these things carefully before making their next purchase. One wrong move can turn a lot of people into Phoenix owners real quick.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

No offense. They should be replacing the boat now. Not after they put a bandaid on it because I hate to say it But when you get it back, even if you aren't happy and runs different, as long as it floats and moves they will not honor this. You'll state it's not the same. They'll state they are the professionals and that it performs to spec. Enjoy your bandaid repair. Hope for the best. But they just want to do the bare minimum. Them saying they're going to repair when it should obviously be replaced states just that. I hope I'm wrong.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arjone01 View Post
    No offense. They should be replacing the boat now. Not after they put a bandaid on it because I hate to say it But when you get it back, even if you aren't happy and runs different, as long as it floats and moves they will not honor this. You'll state it's not the same. They'll state they are the professionals and that it performs to spec. Enjoy your bandaid repair. Hope for the best. But they just want to do the bare minimum. Them saying they're going to repair when it should obviously be replaced states just that. I hope I'm wrong.
    I hope you are wrong but i do think it should have been replaced. the other side of the boat the strake was crooked and the gel is wavey. when i get it back i am going to crawl under it and if it still is im sending it back.

16. Member
    skeeter is owned by yamaha corp. that's a pretty big corp.

Very few boat brands are not owned by big corporations now ......
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis5634 View Post
    Have you got that quote beyond verbal, as in writing?

19. Banned
    If the skeeter vp intension was to correct this problem and have it done right he would have given you a new boat. Yamaha gives you a new powerhead if your motor blows under a warranty. They don't replace a bad piston, a crank or patch a hole in a block if a rod goes thrugh it. Same goes for all other components on your boat. If any of them fail under warranty they are replaced, not fixed or repaired. The structural integrity of your boat is compromised and I would not accept anything less but a new boat. My .02

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    If the skeeter vp intension was to correct this problem and have it done right he would have given you a new boat. Yamaha gives you a new powerhead if your motor blows under a warranty. They don't replace a bad piston, a crank or patch a hole in a block if a rod goes thrugh it. Same goes for all other components on your boat. If any of them fail under warranty they are replaced, not fixed or repaired. The structural integrity of your boat is compromised and I would not accept anything less but a new boat. My .02
    I am in Texas so I went by the factory today. The watrranty manager was there and the vp is out until tomo. The strake opposite the repair is still crooked. All they did is repair where it was starting to come off. When I pointed it out he argued with my wife and I that they are all like that. We looked at new boats and all are straight. He has no intention of doing anything different. Hope that the vp keeps his word as I am very dissatisfied with the repair. The glass guy at the dealership said he would not attempt to repair it because it is already coming off on the port side and the starbird side has a 20 ft long 6 inch wide strip gone. The warranty/customer service manager was arguing and raising his voice to my wife saying he sees this all the time! The vp will get a chance to fix the problem tomo.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast