Another Bike for Sale!!!!

BIG UPDATE!!!!

LOW Miles (less than 7000mi!) 2008 Harley Davidson FatBob, VERY upgraded and customized, excellent condition, going CHEAP!

Ok guys, new perspective now. Short version, Grandma passed away this last Saturday (a day shy of 99!, what an incredible life!). I can see now I will have no time myself to fix the one minor ding nor re-coat the one minor blemish on the lower rocker housing. Also, I have no need of all the extras and don't care to part them off even if that means considerably more money. I need to take care of this fast so I can use these funds for various family needs.

SO, Bike will go for average retail with no accounting for the very low miles, NO additional for the roughly $4k of add-ons/upgrades, AND include ALL the original parts PLUS all my H-D/motorcycle related items including jackets, helmets, gloves, vests, etc. etc. etc.! ALL OF IT LOT STOCK AND BARREL! That's easily MIN $15k street value (18k+ to replace).

FIRST $9000 (FIRM) CASH IN MY HAND DRIVES IT AWAY WITH SIGNED OVER TITLE!

I prefer a local deal but willing to ride a couple hours to meet for very serious buyer.

Here is a little info on the bike and upgrades and fairly decent pics. I can provide any level of detail to serious interested buyers.

http://monroe.craigslist.org/mcy/5450696356.html

I'll update the CL listing soon to reflect this same offer but putting here first!
    Last edited by Robertl69; 04-07-2016 at 08:52 AM. Reason: MAJOR UPDATE!

Nice ride. good luck with the sale.
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

3. Member
    Thanks man! I hate to part with it but I just never ride any more.

4. Member
    Hey guys, help me out here and let me know. Am I too high or not giving the correct information in my ad or need to post a pic here or anything?

I checked NADA and average retail with normal miles (mine has a LOT less) and zero upgrades (mine has over $4000 worth) was $8865..... Have I asked too little so that folks think the upgrades are not legit or too much cause market is depressed somehow or something different maybe?

I was told by a guy who sells these frequently I could get $11k 'in the spring'; was trying to list it for something that would be a quick sale and then trying to add another discount on top of that to BBC members just cause I LOVE this board and maybe would go even faster.

But to be honest I am not getting many serious legitimate bites on it. Am I just too early since still winter for you folks up north or have I missed something?

Please be honest and don't worry about gentle, I'll take it like a man and I really want to move this thing before I change my mind.

One other thing, I'll do a small commission to any of you guys for just making the connection if I get this thing sold; let me know what a legit amount would be regardless or sale price.

Thanks everyone!!

5. Member
    "It does have one small character mark (dent) on the right side of the tank (see 4th picture)

And, the black power-coating on the custom lower rocker housing is starting to bubble (see 5th picture). This is an easy fix but I don't have time to mess with it. An hour to remove, get re-done, and hour to replace, done. cost: $100"

There are so many bikes on the market that a person can get for that kind of money that doesn't require and need repairs! The amount of money you sepnt for extras won't drive your asking price in many cases the extras really don't matter to the buyers it's all about getting a bike that has no issues well for me! When I found my Street Glide it was exactly how I would have set it up and I waited for the right find and I knew it was our there and I would find it and the only money I had to spend after my purchase was for gas!
    Good Luck....

6. Member
    Thanks for the feedback man!

So I guess my best bet is to take the time to make those two minor repairs, then put back on the factory parts, sell all the extras on ebay or hdforums (should be able to get 2k+ for those easy) and then sell a near perfect condition low mileage FXDF for the normal 8-8.5k. I hate to spend that time undoing all that I have done (and away from fishing or pay someone to do it) and then the next guy has to do it all over again for a lot more money, BUT, at least I'll end up getting a lot more for the total package I suppose. Heck I've even got quite a few unlisted 'extras' in terms of jackets, helmets, fluids, etc. that I was going to throw in for the right buyer that I can get at least another grand for. :-/

Thanks again very much for that feedback! I'm going to let it sit on CL at least until I get ready to do those things just to see if someone else sees it the same way but if not I think you've led me to what will be a better long term plan for myself.

Best Regards and Tight Lines!

7. Member
    The better weather is upon us and it will get more looks for those in the market! Be patient and be sure in your ad that it states your willing to negotiate and you will be surprized on what folks will do when they see something they just have to have! Find out exactly what it will cost to fix the couple of things mentioned and let the buyer know your willing to take that much off your asking price and they might take the bait!
    Good Luck!

Honestly, I would just sell all parts with the bike at time of sale. You will spend months trying to get rid of stuff you don't want or need any longer. The $4000 in accessories that you have purchased aren't worth that any longer. Maybe 25%. The jacket and helmet and other stuff, again maybe 25% if you want it gone. You will always find someone who will come along and say DAMN I would have given you twice that for it but they will never show till after you give it away.

9. Member
    Thanks again for all the great feedback guys! Ironically the 25% on the add-ons is exactly the number I called myself doing (rounded down a bit) but I'll recheck my math as I think you are right about that. I'm also going to look into either just getting the couple minor issues fixed or at least an estimate to do them and attend to that one way or the other; good point/idea! I definitely call myself taking that much off the asking price before I made the asking price but again, need to check my numbers, AND find out how much those minor fixes really do costs and/or get them done. Earlier post about most folks looking for flawless now anyway with so many bikes on the market makes sense too; I was just hoping to take care of it quickly since those things are little and the remaining combination seems to be fairly unique among the stuff that's out there. Regardless I'll benefit either way getting these things done.

Oh, and that's a good idea to just through in all the parts with whatever deal I make. In the 9-10k range that would be an absolute steal with or without parts though! I'm not completely opposed to that idea I just don't know how many guys out there would really have any idea the value and don't want to get into someone trying to negotiate an absurd price thinking it should include 'everything'; even stuff they never thought they could get in a deal.... :-/ I'll run through all my math again, taking into account that possible hassle later too and pitch one final super deal here, with or without fixes, not sure yet, and then head another way with it all depending on what fixes I do or don't do, how numbers come out, local interest, etc.

Thanks Again!!

10. Member
    MAJOR UPDATE TO FIRST POST! CHEAP!!

Take a Sharpie or some Testor's paint and go over the silver spots on your rocker covers. It'll make it look 100% better.

Then retake the pic and show everyone it's hardly noticeable.
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.