Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have had my fair share of issues with mine. I have replaced axles (UFP did stand behind them), had my winch stand welded in 2 different places, alot of the rivets that hold the diamond plate on have broke/fell out. Stainless fenders cracking where the side boards are bolted on, those bolts have also rusted/broken off. It also seems to love eating up tires.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

2. Member
    I have also got an Eazy Loader trailer on my Skeeter. The trailer is sub par quality. The lights have fallen out, the holes the rubber boots fit into are too large. I had to silicone the boots in place. I also had to replace my brake axle due to the calipers kept eating brake pads. 1 set a year on the passenger side. Then the bearing buddy fell out and ruined the spindle.
    I take exceptional care of my trailer and keep it greased and in as good of shape as possible.
    You guys at ezy loader need to up your quality. Your trailers are a known sub par trailer. If it was my business , I would want to be known as the best trailer out there, but it seems like that is not what your company is about.
    You got upset about the OP and what he went through, yet he shouldn't have had any issues like that at all. If you built a good trailer with good components there would never have been any issues.
    A boat trailer is a fairly light duty trailer, shouldn't be too hard to make a good trailer.

3. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Cliff I agree, I have watched my dad "fix" multiple items on his 06' I class ez loader. He's not one to fight, but if I was him I would have been pissed. From what I have personally heard and seen, Ez loader won't be under the next boat I buy.

I wanted to add, I understand when thing are mass produced there is always going to be small issues, but with the reoccurring problems I have seen. Ez loader needs to be getting these problems addressed and without a question asked. Take care of your customers. And I don't mean by taking them outback and bending them over
    Last edited by haftafish22; 03-15-2016 at 05:05 PM.

4. Member
    I see mhorberd didn't bother to reply again. I would guess he knows the issues with his trailers and isn't willing to take care of the trailer owners.
    My next Skeeter WILL NOT have an EZ loader, even if I have to buy a trailer separate

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffordallen View Post
    I see mhorberd didn't bother to reply again. I would guess he knows the issues with his trailers and isn't willing to take care of the trailer owners.
    My next Skeeter WILL NOT have an EZ loader, even if I have to buy a trailer separate
    Skeeter is currently building a facility to produce their trailers in-house like basscat and ranger, gonna be a much better trailer I've heard, no more EZ-loader I guess, skeeter got too much bad reputation with them. Only way for EZ to get their rep back is to start building a much better product and change their name...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    ................... Only way for EZ to get their rep back is to start building a much better product and change their name...
    How about Blackbird Industries?

Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Skeeter is currently building a facility to produce their trailers in-house like basscat and ranger, gonna be a much better trailer I've heard, no more EZ-loader I guess, skeeter got too much bad reputation with them. Only way for EZ to get their rep back is to start building a much better product and change their name...
    Interesting - any idea when they will start selling boats with their own trailers? For what its worth I have a 2010 EZ loader and its been very good other than some tire wear but frankly I've seen this same issue from many different brands of trailers.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    Interesting - any idea when they will start selling boats with their own trailers? For what its worth I have a 2010 EZ loader and its been very good other than some tire wear but frankly I've seen this same issue from many different brands of trailers.
    I have a 2010 EZ loader under my ZX200 Skeeter and its perfect..nothing is bent broken or cracked. The first set of Carlises even went 5 yrs before they started coming apart. I always wonder what type of conditions these broken trailers live in.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

9. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Well my dads gets used about 20 times a year and lives in a temperature controlled garage. I will say the biggest problem he had wa the cost of the fenders and the fact the fenders would just crack for no reason. He has had to permanently bolt the swing away because it has grown excessive play. Rust spots and cracked welds. Good thing he is easy going and just fixes stuff. Ways too nice of a guy

10. Member
    "From day one, the trailer vibrated"
    "Wait for the tires to get settled in"!
    WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    Well my dads gets used about 20 times a year and lives in a temperature controlled garage. I will say the biggest problem he had wa the cost of the fenders and the fact the fenders would just crack for no reason. He has had to permanently bolt the swing away because it has grown excessive play. Rust spots and cracked welds. Good thing he is easy going and just fixes stuff. Ways too nice of a guy
    I find it interesting that some folks have no issues with the trailer and others are falling apart. Is this a built on a Friday deal or parts bought from a different vendor. It has to be a quality control problem. How could fenders just crack unless they were under some kind of stress from being installed incorrectly or just plain bad welds. How does a winch mount keep breaking at the welds or axles come loose...Or do folks drive down wash board roads at a high rate of speed and wonder why the trailer is falling apart then blame it on the trailer company. Doesn't seem to be a real good answer for any of it..to many variables...
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    My swing away tongue is now bolted too. Been in the metal working industry for 30 years and it's just a bad design. Other than that it's in good shape for a 10 year old trailer that stays out side here in New England. I would take a galvanized trailer over one that matches my boat any day cuz a boat is only as good as the trailer that carries it.

When you buy very high quality bass boats and put them on cheap built trailers it's your fault , get a company that takes pride in thier product , like Ameriatrail trailers . These others are building the cheapest trailer that will get by for a few years , if they can save 5.00 on the build they will .

14. Rich Purington
    One of good friends was asking about my boat and why the cost was more than another boat of similar length. First thing I said was, start saving money to replace your trailer.
    2018 Puma FTD
    250 ProXS

15. Member
    A little late to the party, but I've had too many issues with my EZ Loader trailer that came with my 2007 Skeeter ZX-190. So much so, that I haven't been out all season. I can't keep the lights working and I've exhausted my patience to fix them again. When I call my local dealer, Hern Marine, they direct me to a different shop which is further away. I've had the winch stand break at the weld twice, and the person who finally fixed it called it some of the thinnest metal he'd ever seen on a trailer. He immediately welded a thicker piece of metal so it wouldn't break again. Imagine that, it hasn't. The swing away tongue had so much play that I had to drill the hole out to put in a new bolt. It's a mess of a trailer. I will never own another.

Eric
    A great fisherman lives here with the catch of his life!

16. Member
    I have an 2006 zx 200 and I fish a lot. I do go down gravel roads at 8 mph. I baby the thing but I had the axle crack on both ends. The winch had to welded twice, both cross members welded twice each. The swing away tongue is a joke. Had to rewire the trailer because they did not run any conduit over the wire. And I maintain the damn trailer. The welds on my fenders also cracked. Now to deal with the swing away tongue again. If I get another Skeeter there will be a different trailer.

17. Member
    Well this is not encouraging. I have a custom aluminum on order from them, it's taken 3 months so that in and of itself is aggravating. If I have issues with it, I'll be seriously pissed.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

18. Member
    Let me say this about that: I owned Bass Cat Eyras on two different occasions. Their trailers were open "C" channel. There was some surface rust here and there, but otherwise it was gas up and tow for both. I understand, may be wrong that they built their own trailers. I don't know for sure, but if they didn't, whoever did did a great job. It can be done.
    From what I see here, being an old Q A man, there may be some design issues that need to be addressed. It would be nice to hear them say the winch area has been checked for fitness of use, as well as the swing away tongues and fender attachment areas and found adequate.
    Or...

19. Member

20. Member
    Oh boy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast