Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1996 procraft restoration (on the restoration page)

Check out the restore on my 1996 procraft on the Bassboat restoration page. I'm almost done after 2 months of hard work!
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    SN #2B124385 Model #1251P73BD.
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    68 gps, tourney loaded, full gear, full tank.
    Croxton worked 3 blade 24P fury, 0 plugs.
    Seastar Teleflex Pro Hydraulic steering.
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch gen3 at console.
    Single Lowrance HDS 12 touch gen3 at bow.
    LSS2 transducer

Nice job! I am redoing a 95 210 super pro. Well built solid boats. Just a tip, use contact cement and you would never have to mess the the wood and clamps. What you gonna do with the dash? I pulled mine and the glass behind it was perfect so I am having pieces cut out of aluminum to house the gauges. The old plastic one was falling apart.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by totalbeverage View Post
    Nice job! I am redoing a 95 210 super pro. Well built solid boats. Just a tip, use contact cement and you would never have to mess the the wood and clamps. What you gonna do with the dash? I pulled mine and the glass behind it was perfect so I am having pieces cut out of aluminum to house the gauges. The old plastic one was falling apart.
    10-4 on the contact cement! I used the bossboatseats adhesive on all the lids and on the 80% of the boat because I had already purchased it but then I switched to contact cement on all the boat corners and edges. The contact cement is great you can wait a little bit until it's tacky and then bam its stuck...don't plan on adjustments after because it ain't moving!
    I'm reusing the old dash because I'm running out of funds and unfortunately something has to wait. I cleaned it up as much a possible and it doesn't look to bad with all the new gauges and MercMonior.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    LSS2 transducer

4. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Nice restore!! Looking forward to seeing the carpet job!

Quote Originally Posted by put1in View Post
    10-4 on the contact cement! I used the bossboatseats adhesive on all the lids and on the 80% of the boat because I had already purchased it but then I switched to contact cement on all the boat corners and edges. The contact cement is great you can wait a little bit until it's tacky and then bam its stuck...don't plan on adjustments after because it ain't moving!
    I'm reusing the old dash because I'm running out of funds and unfortunately something has to wait. I cleaned it up as much a possible and it doesn't look to bad with all the new gauges and MercMonior.
    Funds are always annoying Dash does look good! You did a nice job wet sanding.....did you have the fender replaced on the trailer? I got one crumbled up a bit I want to replace.

6. Member
    Both fenders were really bad so I replaced both of them. I used bed liner instead of paint to try something new. Hopefully they work out. I really like the look of the new legend boat trailers so I'm trying to match them or at least somewhat match with what I have. New wheels and tires are supposed to be here Friday. I have the carpet done I'll post pics.
    Thanks for all the comments!
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    LSS2 transducer

7. Member
    It's finally done! Check out all the restore pics on the restoration page....
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    LSS2 transducer

8. Member
    The hole boat looks great. I love the wheels, i got to get me some of those!
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

Great Job!! Looks like a brand new rig!! Should be very proud of how it turned out.......love the desert background! Spent many summers on Lake Powell and love that part of the country.

10. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Wow.....

My 1995 ProCraft is looking pretty dull and have been thinking about sending her away to get all shiny again. I don't have the patience or confidence to do it myself so I have to decide how much I want to spend to have it done by someone who knows what they are doing.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

11. Member
    Doug are you kidding me! With all your posts on here you were one who gave me the confidence to do mine. It really was easy as far as the sanding went it was just hard work. The 3M and pro-tec worked out great. After scratching it to pieces with the wet sanding those two things shined it right up.
    I'm heading to Havasu for a week to break her in. I'll post all the stats later this week.
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    LSS2 transducer

12. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Doug are you kidding me! With all your posts on here you were one who gave me the confidence to do mine. It really was easy as far as the sanding went it was just hard work. The 3M and pro-tec worked out great. After scratching it to pieces with the wet sanding those two things shined it right up.
    I'm heading to Havasu for a week to break her in. I'll post all the stats later this week.
    I'm retired now and have become allergic to hard work!!!!! About how long did it take just to do the top cap? With the exception of the back corners, the hull is still cleans up pretty good.

I just clued in that you put a 225 on her. She's gonna scoot along pretty good.....

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    I'm retired now and have become allergic to hard work!!!!! About how long did it take just to do the top cap? With the exception of the back corners, the hull is still cleans up pretty good.

I just clued in that you put a 225 on her. She's gonna scoot along pretty good.....
    Ha I totally understand the retired part and yep it was hard work for sure that's why I won't be doing anything like that again any time soon.
    Today was the first time I really had a chance to run it. 5800 rpm, 71.8 GPS , 23WP, stock 25p tempest plus, 2-3/4" below pad. 3/4 tank fuel, full gear, 1 person. I'm very happy with the results especially knowing I chickened out and backed off at that point and there is still a little more in her but I may never find out, I'm just not a speed freak and have never been that fast in a boat before.
    I would say the top cap on mine with 3 passes of wet sanding, 2 passes of compound and 2 passes of finish...ummm keeping in kind I had to rest A LOT because the burning sensation in my arms and shoulders! I'd say 1 full day but 2 would make it much easier for sure.

Thanks Doug,
    Jim.
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    LSS2 transducer

14. Member
    10-4 on the contact cement!
    Which contact cement?

I used to use Weldwood All-Weather Contact Cement, but can't seem to find it anymore. Maybe it was discontinued?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftSS View Post
    Which contact cement?

I used to use Weldwood All-Weather Contact Cement, but can't seem to find it anymore. Maybe it was discontinued?
    I'll have to check the brand I know I bought it at the local home hardware.
    Jim
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    LSS2 transducer

16. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Today was the first time I really had a chance to run it. 5800 rpm, 71.8 GPS , 23WP, stock 25p tempest plus, 2-3/4" below pad. 3/4 tank fuel, full gear, 1 person. I'm very happy with the results especially knowing I chickened out and backed off at that point and there is still a little more in her but I may never find out, I'm just not a speed freak and have never been that fast in a boat before.
    Awesome.....

I would say the top cap on mine with 3 passes of wet sanding, 2 passes of compound and 2 passes of finish...ummm keeping in kind I had to rest A LOT because the burning sensation in my arms and shoulders! I'd say 1 full day but 2 would make it much easier for sure.
    My arms started burning just reading that.....

Lowes and Home Depot has Weldwood Contact cement. Well in the states that is, dunno about in Canada. I like to cut my lids then take a marker and run it all the way around the lid, then do the top only. By the time your done with the last lid you can go back and start the sides on the first. Just remember to apply to both carpet and lid, let it dry....(takes about 15 min) then stick the pieces together. It will be there for a long time!

I seen that you removed the backside bumpers on the trailer, any problems loading? Mine are welded on and I'm thinking about cutting them off.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by totalbeverage View Post
    I seen that you removed the backside bumpers on the trailer, any problems loading? Mine are welded on and I'm thinking about cutting them off.
    Mine were welded also. Not a problem loading I just have to keep the trailer a little shallow so I hit the bunks or it could run up on the fenders if to deep. Once you load a few times and get the depth figured out its not bad at all. Even when I had the bumpers there were still times when I had to shove the boat over to align it on the bunks.
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    LSS2 transducer

Mine were welded also. Not a problem loading I just have to keep the trailer a little shallow so I hit the bunks or it could run up on the fenders if to deep. Once you load a few times and get the depth figured out its not bad at all. Even when I had the bumpers there were still times when I had to shove the boat over to align it on the bunks.
    Mine are coming off also, makes it look a ton better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast