Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Got my HDS 7 Gen 2 mounted on the bow over the weekend. I used the power feed under the tray and it has been working fine. It was also super easy to fish the ethernet cable to the console. Attached are a couple of pics one of us testing the power while the tray is still out (you can see the power harness) and another right before putting tool/drink holder back in tray.

I used the 4 inch angled mount from Bass Boat Technologies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2015 Ranger RT 178
    www.bentrods.org

2. Member
    nice

Sharp looking setup.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

4. Member
    Giving me some ideas, thanks.
    2020 Ranger RT 198p, Mercury 150 HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

5. Member
    Hey sorry to bump an old thread I have a new 2022 ranger rt 188 p and want to run a hummingbird helix 8 with mega 360 on the bow. I have been looking at the pictures above and the new 2022 don’t have a terminal block in the front of the bow like the old ones did. So my issue lies with the fact that the new terminal block is under the steering wheel and is currently full. Can I double up or do I have to run a new line from the battery up to the front ? Thanks

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Werger.e View Post
    Hey sorry to bump an old thread I have a new 2022 ranger rt 188 p and want to run a hummingbird helix 8 with mega 360 on the bow. I have been looking at the pictures above and the new 2022 don’t have a terminal block in the front of the bow like the old ones did. So my issue lies with the fact that the new terminal block is under the steering wheel and is currently full. Can I double up or do I have to run a new line from the battery up to the front ? Thanks
    I have an older RT188 with the terminal block in the front of the bow and it was fine for my Helix 9 but when I added a Mega 360 I didn't feel that I was getting the clarity on the Mega 360 that I expected, in fact it was pretty much a disappointment and it seemed that the DI on the Helix 9 wasn't as crisp. A couple of weeks ago I ran 10 gauge directly from the 12V battery to the Helix 9 and Mega 360 and the improvement in clarity was significant. I had been a doubter about the need to run a direct line but now I am a believer. BTW, it was a total PITA to run the wiring and I ended up running it along the keel under the sub-floor and it wasn't easy! Needed my wife's assistance and several days for my joints to recover. Good luck with your project.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

7. Member
    I have my carbon 9 powered to the block up front with no issues. Then ran the ethernet cord back to console to connect the units. Zero issues so far. I was prepared to run new wiring but haven't had too yet. I still might do it as a winter project if I get bored.
    2017 Ranger 198p w/ Merc150 4stroke

8. Member
    I'm an idiot I just saw where you said it doesn't have a block up front lol
    2017 Ranger 198p w/ Merc150 4stroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12