2013 Tahoe 24drl with 250xb questions?

I have a 24' tritoon, all 25" toons with lifting strakes. The outer toons being 25' and center 27' even in the front Letting the center sit back 2'. I have a 02 250xb with 300 heads, 300ign,250xb fuel, poppit diverter, cowl mod, now 1.75 gears, 17p rev4 and motor is mounted at its lowest point(prop shaft 1' below bottom of toon). I was seeing 45gps at 5800rpm wot and trimmed with 1 person and 20gals of fuel that was with 1.87 gears before that lower went. I feel like I should be seeing a lot better numbers then that from what others post there getting with same or less hp on the back?

I just put out the new lower (1.75gears)on and doing the break in period right now so don't have any new numbers yet with that change. I know a lot of people have said I should switch props to a enertia. Just curious as to what you guys have tried or are running now and what numbers your seeing? I have a extra 6" jackplate in thinking about putting on to tinker a little more with it as well.

all info and input welcomed.

2. Member
    I've got a Bennington 2275FSi tri-toon, lifting strakes and a 175 Merc Pro XS on a CMC hyd. Jack plate. The best I have seen .... with the bimini up, all fishing gear, trolling motor and 3 batts on GPS was 44 mph. That was with the engine up and trimmed out to the max. I also have a 17p Enertia that seems to be ideal for my boat, remember that thses boats are heavy and catch a LOT of air. I thought the XB mercs could run a lot more rpm, you ought to see if you could borrow someones 3 blade Enertia, might make a big difference.

3. Member
    I've been doing a lot of talking to people and the enertia seems to be the prop to go with on tritoons. I'm looking and asking around for a 15 or 16p prop to try out. Yes my xb with the 300 ign I should be able to max out at 6500rpms. I put a jack plate on Friday and played with it all weekend and was able to hit 50gps with my 4 blade rev 4 spinning 5900rpms and that was full tank of fuel and 2 people (450lbs). So the jackplate helped a lot now if I can get my prop right and Rpms higher I'm hoping to see 55gps. I'll let you know what happens?

4. Member
    Wow i bet that sucker loves gas.