Thread: No new posts?

Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar

No new posts?

I was sure I would see a new post sooner than I have. Is everyone just broke and sad as of late? Lol

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I think people just figured it would be easier to ignore the market and negative news out there. This market is just such BS sometimes and makes no fundamental sense. One week the world is going to crap and the next everything is awesome. Even though nothing has changed. And it's kind of depressing. I'm seeing people lose money left and right and I'm seeing billion dollar funds being liquidated.

I really can't get a good feel up or down. Everyday it's a new fight against the machines. I couldn't tell you if we would be up or down one day to the next or how the market would react. Is good news, good or bad? Bad news, good or bad? I see a whole heck of alot of bad news out there but the market is holding up rather well. I think we are in no-mans land with the levels we are at. Not low enough to buy and not high enough to short.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Might be better odds putting down $1000 on black at the roulette wheel...

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I think people just figured it would be easier to ignore the market and negative news out there. This market is just such BS sometimes and makes no fundamental sense. One week the world is going to crap and the next everything is awesome. Even though nothing has changed. And it's kind of depressing. I'm seeing people lose money left and right and I'm seeing billion dollar funds being liquidated.

I really can't get a good feel up or down. Everyday it's a new fight against the machines. I couldn't tell you if we would be up or down one day to the next or how the market would react. Is good news, good or bad? Bad news, good or bad? I see a whole heck of alot of bad news out there but the market is holding up rather well. I think we are in no-mans land with the levels we are at. Not low enough to buy and not high enough to short.
    Amen,,,,, this has been a really bad year so far,,, I tense up every single time my phone gets an update , almost scared to look at it anymore ,,,

Im only down 4%.................)

I threw a few grand at stock I already have a decent sized position in just because I liked the price but am holding off on anything big for the time being

I made a nice little 12.5% realized gain on SLB just sticking in a couple sell limit orders and letting the market do it's thing. I'll get back in if it drops in a couple days or find something else to get into
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Well, for me, this is my kind of market. Then again, if I hold a stock more than a couple weeks that is long for me. The elderly gentlemen who taught me investing in the late 90's pretty much taught me to ignore fundamentals for short term investing. Sentiment and emotion rule the day for me in that regard. It has worked well for me over the years. I give you twitter as an example. Fundamentals would tell you to ignore, but I got in at 14.75 and within a week it was at around 18.30, over 20% gain, sold and on to the next stock. I will find something that sentiment has beat the living chit out of, over sold and I will dive in.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

9. Member
    Broke, waiting for November!
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

Quote Originally Posted by Bug88 View Post
    Im only down 4%.................)
    My stock went up 50%, then dropped 30% (this % thing is awesome!!)
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

11. Member
    Every other day I lose 5% then gain 5% the next. Some people would think that is break even. Lol.

12. Member
    100% cash. Dont want any part of this massive losing streak the market is in right now

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by truman lake andy View Post
    100% cash. Dont want any part of this massive losing streak the market is in right now
    Curious, when do you decide to get back into stocks? When the market goes back up and is near an all time high?

14. Member
    1 indicator is the XLF. CARDINAL RULE = No rally will occur without the financials participating. Its got to break its down trend, ideally be above the 50 DMA. I'm not a big time trader at all, It's just really hard for me to make $ against a lot of headwind, IMO.

15. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I just want to see some good news or give us the flush, then a couple weeks drifting lower, then a flash crash and lets test the 1500 area on the S&P. But more than likely the algos will run us up, squeezing shorts and get everyone long, just before we realize that a recession is starting.
    Thanos was the hero

16. Member
    I am pretty upbeat , its just another phase that everything goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by jmay28711 View Post
    I am pretty upbeat , its just another phase that everything goes through.
    Yup. I'm looking at some of the cyclicals and seeing a good chance to buy in now and wait for that high high to cash out at. Of course I've got at least 30 years before I retire so I'm lucky in that regard to be able to get in now for the long game.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Quote Originally Posted by mikepags View Post
    I threw a few grand at stock I already have a decent sized position in just because I liked the price but am holding off on anything big for the time being
    And I got lucky