Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    That's a nice looking boat.
    Last edited by gcross; 02-24-2016 at 03:27 PM.

2. Member
    nice looking boat , got a lot to do to get mine in great shape, love looking at the pics to get ideas for my rig, ran basscat for 15 years and this is my first procraft sp and im looking forward to getting it dialed in

3. Member
    Im about to pull the trigger on another boat and as soon as I do Mike will probably put his up for sale. LOL

4. Member
    it was said that the pro185 was not a fast hull. it has a step transom which stops you from getting the nose high causing friction. after removing some slight imperfections the boat gives some respectable numbers. the pad appears to be a close copy to a bullet or Allison, but wider than allison . is this right??? don't get me wrong I am not compairing to Allison. 71mph out of a 150hp 2.5 fishing motor . sounds petty compatible to the super pro to me. give me your thoughts.
    Last edited by gaboy; 03-16-2016 at 04:50 PM.

5. Member
    Thats what i heard, the faster procrafts in the mid 90s was a copy of the Allison pad or very close to it. Procrafts are just a little heavier. Simular to a storm (allison pad copy) but wider.
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

6. Member
    I use to sell astro/procraft. The faster procraft in the mid 90's was the same as the fast astro like you have ANG, nothing about them resemble an Allison. I've had 1 f-18 and 2 x2000(f-20)astro's, and 5 Allison, not even close in any way.

7. Member
    the reference to Allison was about the pad. i don't know if all Allison pads are the same or not. I do study all performance pads I get a chance to. do you have any tips to make the 185 pad faster?

8. Member
    Ya that's what I was told by an Allison guy sometime back when he saw my boat. He was only referring to the actual pad and nothing else but I have no idea how accurate that info is. I trust gcross and his knowledge on these boats for sure, if he sais it's not then it's not.
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

9. Member
    don't know if all the procraft pads are the same, meaning difference models of upper 90's but I do know how a pro185 was made and it looks pretty much like an Allison pad that I also have seen. it is wider and the step transom is too long. I was told that these years, of astros and procrafts were produced to give gambler some competition.

10. Member
    I will definitely do some more checking. But you can't look at a pad for the most part and say it is a copy of another. MOST pads look simular to the eye but there's a LOT more to it than looks. And the allison pad for the most part will not make another boat run faster, the allison pad is designed for an Allison with the weight distribution of the hull, deck layout, seating and steering position, and other things. Don't mean to ruffle any feathers and i definitely don't know It all and still learning but I'm 58 yeas old and have had 5+ allisons, 5 strokers, Norris craft, a gambler, 3 performance astro's, and on my 3rd bullet (20cc comp). Most people would not BELIEVE what it takes to get ultimate performance out of a bass boat. You can make any boat run faster but with some boats it's kinda like trying to make a school bus run faster. People that know me on this and other sites will tell you I put a LOT of TIME in setting up and running my boats and getting the ultimate out of each and will help people do the same with their rig but It ain't easy and it takes time and in many cases bruises and MONEY. More to it than throwing on a different prop or bigger motor. I've been thrown out, thrown around and fell out of bass boats, got the scars to prove it. I can talk fast bass boats all days and have on occasions lol.

11. Member
    I made an album in my profile with a bunch of pics of the span ive owned this procraft.
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

12. Member
    Ive told you before that hull that you have is one of the BIG sleepers of the bass boat world. What other boat(besides Allison,bullet and stroker, and possibly norris craft) will gps close to 80 with over 500 pounds of men, 100+ pounds of tackle, and 30+ gallons of gas with a 225.

13. Member
    gcross good prop for a hold shot.
    I have a 95 Pro 210 95 Merc 225 efi.
    Hard to get on plane with a load of gas.

14. Member
    Mike,
    Mine likes to run high also I'm running at 2-3/4" below pad and runs solid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    SN #2B124385 Model #1251P73BD.
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    68 gps, tourney loaded, full gear, full tank.
    Croxton worked 3 blade 24P fury, 0 plugs.
    Seastar Teleflex Pro Hydraulic steering.
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch gen3 at console.
    Single Lowrance HDS 12 touch gen3 at bow.
    LSS2 transducer

15. Member
    So what is the best prop to run on these hulls? Be running a 24" trophy on my F20 as my fishing prop, been wondering if the promax was any better?

16. Member
    From My experience with my 2.5 200efi, the best prop I ran was a worked 27 tempest +. With the 3.0 lt motors ive ran the best I have found so far has been a bravo XS. A promax is a good choice but when i ran one it seemed to lift the stern a lot and got very squrily. Gcross will have good input.
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

17. Member
    my 95 Pro 210 has two gas tanks. How mush gas per tank? 15 gals?

18. Member
    My 1996 super pro has two 22 gal tanks. per original tank sticker.
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

19. Member
    MY 1994 SUPER PRO HAS 2 22GAL. TANKS

20. Member
    Super cool boats

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast