Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I love my Go Fast Boat! 1996 Astro F/20

2. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Did they ever make a light/go fast hull that "DIDN'T" have that long/sleek, laid back cockpit/windshield?? I think that's the easiest way to spot one, w/o looking for hull weight, year, model, etc..

Nice boat Mike!

3. Member
    I wish I knew that before I got my 1999 200 BASS with a 225 Optimax. I love the boat but the 1996 180 ProCraft with the XR6 150 I sold to get it was much faster. Oh well I'm too old to go fast anyway.

4. Member
    Mike you need to sell me that boat and trailer, I like that.

Nice Astro Mike!

6. Member
    I keep looking at that astro Mike has and that has got to be one of my favorites.

7. Member
    Mike don't you need to sell that boat and buy your wife something nice? lol

8. Member
    Thank you guys, it was a lot of work, everything on this boat has been replaced/new. I have fished out of several boats, and this boat is my favorite, " VERY " stable platform, as mentioned in a previous post these boats will shock you. I purposely removed the badges/stickers just so people ask what kind of boat this is, and the look on the faces when I mention it is an Astro, lol

I have a 96' 185 Dual Pro with a 150 on the back. Do I have a fast Procraft? Is it a good boat worth keeping?

Never owned another boat other than the Procraft or ridden in another bass boat so I can't compare.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

10. Member
    That's one sharp Astro! I would like to see how you mounted the power pole. I've been throwing around the idea of getting one myself. Also, what size wheels and tires are on your trailer? I've been trying to post a picture of my boat here but I'm having no such luck!

11. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    I have a 96' 185 Dual Pro with a 150 on the back. Do I have a fast Procraft? Is it a good boat worth keeping?
    Solid boat, calls for a 175HP. Not the fast hull, unfortunately..

12. Member

13. Member
    Power Pole bracket is mounted to a 12" Atlas jack plate...easy install. these are just 15" wheels, not sure on exact tire size, I can look and see.

14. Member
    Only thing I want to do different is add a sporty LU, this boat seems to love the motor HIGH out of the water, night and day difference on the way it handles with the motor up high running on the "pad " of this boat, don't get me wrong runs real strong, and I am in no way a speed demon, but I do like to get all I can out of the performance of this boat/motor combo.

15. Member
    a sporty or coned lower unit will do wonders for that setup. would like to know what it runs as is and then with the sporty or coned unit. Keep us informed.

16. Member
    I have a 94 super pro 200 with 2003 mercury EFI 200 3.0 liter , a bobs 10" hydraulic plate , what would be the best prop for this rig and a good hole shot is the most important thing to me

17. Member
    i would think a 25 worked bravo for good all around.

18. Member

The next thing I would really like to do is new carpet. I think a dark grey carpet would look better than the blue carpet that's in it now.

19. Member
    Nice boat Buckeye, heck of a motor on there as well.

20. Member
    Thanks Mike. Its been a work in progress so far. The promax is a strong engine, but I'm still running the 25" Trophy four blade that came on it. I feel like that's really limiting the top end, but it keeps the holeshot decent with 2 guys, full live wells and loaded for bear. I just recently upgraded the electronics, so a power pole is on the list of things i'd like to get along with new carpet, and nicer wheels for the trailer. The list goes on and on, but a new prop is on that list somewhere.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast