Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRC18D View Post
    Anyone been down there lately?
    Yes, I went last Wednesday and were caught the snot out of them on Wimico where they're moving up to spawn. Unfortunately all this rain the river is supposed to crest at 21+ ft by Tuesday so going to be pretty tough.

We caught them on spinnerbaits and bandits

2. Member
    Yea, I kind of figured the rain was going to mess it up. We have a little club tournament down there this weekend so we will see how it goes. I’ll post a report when we get done.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRC18D View Post
    Yea, I kind of figured the rain was going to mess it up. We have a little club tournament down there this weekend so we will see how it goes. I’ll post a report when we get done.
    @KRC18D

If I was fishing this weekend I would fish the canal west of the st Joe canal towards Wetappo or go towards apalachicola and fish grassy lake. Probably the two places least affected by the flooding and should have spawning fish. You could also try going WAY up one of the Blackwater creeks off of wimico like Depot or Indian Bayou. If it's not up in the trees you can catch a river monster right now.

4. Member

5. Member
    Well here is a little fishing report. we had a pretty tough tournament this weekend. The wind and high water Made it pretty difficult to catch the fish. It took 8.72lbs to win. Most everyone did catch a limit but mostly small fish. I covered a lot of water to catch mine mostly targeting the grass east of Wimico. Never really found the fish in one spot just picked one up here an there. Caught them on a June bug speed worm and sinko just working it slow. Did not see any fish on beds but I’m sure if we get a couple days of warmer weather they’ll be a few.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12