Thread: ZX 225 Speed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    This video was shot today, It coincides with the bottom pic of the original post (myself, a rope, life jacket and throwable 1/3 tank fuel). I could not break 78 today. The prop had also been tweaked again between posting which has costed me about 1mph top end since. I gotta send it back to Mark. In a week or so I will post a video that goes with the top photo.

You need to set your videos on Youtube as Unlisted or public otherwise no one can view them.

Nice lookin pass... were you runnin any ballist ? Looks like it was leaning right..?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Nice lookin pass... were you runnin any ballist ? Looks like it was leaning right..?
    No ballast. May have been the gopro mounting, I also had a quaterting tail wind. Didn't feel off balanced though.

4. Member
    Interested in what your prop to pad measurement is

I would like to know this also

Somebody has had a little ECU work done.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Warren View Post
    Somebody has had a little ECU work done.
    Negative

I got a GoPro for Christmas. I'll try to post some videos after the ice melts. Mine will run 76 loaded (with just me). Everything is stock, except the prop. I could probably get 77 running naked, like Randy.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

No ballast. May have been the gopro mounting, I also had a quaterting tail wind. Didn't feel off balanced though.
    10-4. Have you put a bubble on the dash or a level on the deck just to see. You may have a mph to gain runnin by the bubble. If your touching the strakes at all it'll scrub off a little...as good as it's runnin I'd try it if you haven't.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

2016...ZX225...71 yesterday in 60 degree water...full tank/T gear...solo...26 FXP by Croxton...
    26 backup T1 is getting nicks out after 11 months and is due back in 3 days they say...

not a speed demon as long as I can cruise all day at 65mph am happy
    BUT please post FULL DETAILS (key word full) on getting 2-4mph more from the ZX225...thanx

(Hole #...prop 2 pad...exact load...prop & any working of it...trim setting for WOT...pics R priceless)
    Last edited by reelman; 02-02-2017 at 09:27 AM.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

Forget about prop-shaft height. Just get a hydro jackplate. You won't achieve optimal performance without one. I like the 26 Tempest, but Randy has gotten a little more mph with the T-1. Send the Tempest (used) to Mark for a balance and blueprint. Tell him to add a little extra cup to the trailing edges. Add gas and go. I start with the j/p down. Once I get up to 72-73mph, I'll start bumping the plate up. When you see the rpms rise, stop moving the plate.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelman View Post
    2016...ZX225...71 yesterday in 60 degree water...full tank/T gear...solo...26 FXP by Croxton...
    26 backup T1 is getting nicks out after 11 months and is due back in 3 days they say...

not a speed demon as long as I can cruise all day at 65mph am happy
    BUT please post FULL DETAILS (key word full) on getting 2-4mph more from the ZX225...thanx

(Hole #...prop 2 pad...exact load...prop & any working of it...trim setting for WOT...pics R priceless)
    Before that prop got worked by Mark and sent to you I ran it twice. The first time I barely touched 72 mph. On that same day I ran the same 26T1 at 73.6. (The day was really warm and muggy too and water was smooth as glass). I also ran that same combo of props during the bottom pic. The FXP pushed me at 77.2 best while the T1 was at 78.6. A few guys are looking at this post wondering why their speeds are much slower and you claimed it here. You run a full tank of fuel. I only run a half. If I go over 3/4 tank my boat wont touch 72. Yep I don't know why, because with 2 peeps and a half tank I can touch 73-74 on a good day and 72-73 normally (25T1 prop). Also with a full live well, and half tank I can run 73-74 as well. Not sure why it is but an extra 15 gallons of gas really slows me down. I have also moved 50lbs of gear to my rear storage boxes and gained no more speed.

I have roughly 170 lbs of gear/tackle under those lids.

All of my details on set up are within this post for you and the others that are asking.

13. Member
    From the top pic.

Air 32
    Water 53

Thanx Randy...fuel load is key along with exact right prop/work...
    here guys make long runs and many top rods have 90mph Bullets...many have ECU bumps if not Bullets...
    so no way to get there 1st or 2nd...wherever there is...

It is what it is...no hydra plate for me...no half tank...so only moves could be lithium/light style batteries and exact prop match.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

15. Member
    Randy that last video is that still with empty boat and 1/3 tank gas? What you get with t-load and 3/4 tank gas?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj6987 View Post
    Randy that last video is that still with empty boat and 1/3 tank gas? What you get with t-load and 3/4 tank gas?
    No loaded as u mentioned with 30 gal fuel

17. Member
    Just bought 2013 zx20 about 3 months ago. 2 10' talons, 250sho, bare boat with me and another guy, tanks almost full hit 74mph, water was cooler then. Regular plate, T26 prop.
    Now I'm struggling to hit 70mph but waters hotter, I got all my crap in the boat, and I'm running regular fuel instead of premium like the owner said he ran, bout to fill up with premium though.
    Said all that to say this....I've heard skeeter added a catch under the hull to slow this model down?? When sanded off and re-fiberglassed I hear 4 or 5mph more is possible? Anybody heard of that?

You're talking about a completely different boat. I have no idea what this "catch" is you're referring to. I know some manufacturers add "hook" to the hull to slow it down, or make it more stable.

You probably just need to try a different prop. It sounds like you added a lot of weight to the stern. I would try a stern lifting prop, like the Tempest.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

19. Member
    2015 ZX225, 225 SHO
    My standard load- 1/2 tank, full tackle, all gear, 12' Talon, empty wells

On a diet!
    Randy. I need some help. I have the zx225 and I can't get over 68mph.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Proudfoot View Post
    Randy. I need some help. I have the zx225 and I can't get over 68mph.
    I need RPMs to help you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast