My conversation with FLW 15 minutes ago!

Me: This is Brian Schuler,
    I am wanting to enter the Okie division BFL's but want to make sure I can use my Allison XB21 BasSport Pro Elite powered by Mercury 250 Sport XS. Thank you!

FLW: As long as your placard says your boat is Coast Guard unlimited and you have 250 H. P. Or less you are good! Thanks

Me: This is the placard that is in my boat. On Nov 16 You told me I could not use my boat with the 250 on it. I was informed Feb 5th by Allison Boats that FLW had rescinded that ruling and my boat is legal to use in all FLW tournaments with the Mercury 250 Sport XS. I'm looking for acknowledgment from FLW before I enter with my boat in the above mentioned tournaments. Thank you for the response.

FLW: Our legal dept. sent us the info about 15 days ago. Thanks'

Me: What info? That is what I need. Thank you.

FLW: I just gave to you. You can fish with that placard.thank you

Me: Thank you very much!!!

FLW: You are very welcome. Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian Schuler
    USMC Retired

A true Hero gets out of bed every morning and goes about lifes daily tasks unnoticed, unassuming, and unsung.

A true Hero takes on responsibility, speaks kindly, acts fairly, endures patiently. And facing every day with simple strength.

A true Hero persists in the things that really matter.

2013 Allison BasSport Pro Elite
    Mercury 250 Sport XS

2. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I guess the key words on that placard then are "IS NOT RATED"
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

3. Member
    B-
    he meant "not rated". FLW has approved Allision and other boats in a similar presentation. All tournament directors were notified by the legal department several days ago. This means you can pay your entry fee just like anyone else or anyone running any other bassboat. If you are questioned, simply reminded the tournament director that FLW legal dept and Mr. Washburn rendered a decision on Feb 5, 2016 to KEEP accepting Allison into their sanctioned events with the placards that have been on the xb21 for years. If you need take a snap shot of your placard JUST the language that specifically states " THIS BOAT- BEING OVER 20FT LONG IS NOT RATED BY THE US COAST GUARD OR MANUFACTURER" . I wouldn't go any further or discuss it much further. A long difficult effort was made regarding this issue which occurred several months ago. We are now on the other side so that Allison bassanglers could "continue" to compete just like they did several years ago. Please be respectful and tread lightly on this subject. I am not saying Brian wasn't....smile B. I am just saying we all know how things begin to snow ball and folks mis interpret, things get pulled out of context, feelings get pushed around. Tournament directors are not perfect but they did get the message from legal. If you have resistance specfic to this issue (FLW tournament) let FLW's legal dept.

Quote Originally Posted by pops77s View Post
    Me: This is Brian Schuler,
    I am wanting to enter the Okie division BFL's but want to make sure I can use my Allison XB21 BasSport Pro Elite powered by Mercury 250 Sport XS. Thank you!

FLW: As long as your placard says your boat is Coast Guard unlimited and you have 250 H. P. Or less you are good! Thanks

Me: This is the placard that is in my boat. On Nov 16 You told me I could not use my boat with the 250 on it. I was informed Feb 5th by Allison Boats that FLW had rescinded that ruling and my boat is legal to use in all FLW tournaments with the Mercury 250 Sport XS. I'm looking for acknowledgment from FLW before I enter with my boat in the above mentioned tournaments. Thank you for the response.

FLW: Our legal dept. sent us the info about 15 days ago. Thanks'

Me: What info? That is what I need. Thank you.

FLW: I just gave to you. You can fish with that placard.thank you

Me: Thank you very much!!!

FLW: You are very welcome. Good luck!

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Good deal!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

5. Moderator
    Doesn't get any better than that.

6. Member
    Finally!

About time -- Special thanks to Brian !
    I figure when the legal department did review the placards ( I doubt they had ever read some of them until this was brought to there attention)
    Then a Bullitt and Stroker would also have to be ineligible.
    If that was the case then FLW would have had a hard time explaining why.. It's ok for Andy Morgan who has won an AMAZING 1.8 million in career earnings to fish FLW.....But not ok for Brian !!
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 02-16-2016 at 12:37 PM.