FLW reviewed several boat placards and approved the long standing placard of Allison

Yes it is true FLW reviewed several placards and approved Allison placard which has been consistent with how Allison has alway worded their placard. The good this thing is that FLW found the topic worth reviewing and made a good an fair decision. Allisons (although not hundreds) have been in professional sanctioned events without issue for many many years. BASSMASTER also reviewed placards (different time) and found no issue.

Congrats to tournament anglers who still and will run an Allison. Other placards reviewed with stroker and bullet and FLW found no issue with these as well.

Good luck this year Brian
    Last edited by JDM; 02-14-2016 at 03:51 PM.

2. Member

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Good deal!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

4. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    250s are ok in flw on the 21 Allison? or the 200/225?

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

5. Member
    250's

6. Member
    250's approved as it has always been.

7. Member
    so what placard should you get on a boat with a 250?

8. Member
    The one that has the 135-200 recomendation

9. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Yes it is true FLW reviewed several placards and approved Allison placard which has been consistent with how Allison has alway worded their placard. The good this thing is that FLW found the topic worth reviewing and made a good an fair decision. Allisons (although not hundreds) have been in professional sanctioned events without issue for many many years. BASSMASTER also reviewed placards (different time) and found on issue.

Congrats to tournament anglers who still and will run an Allison. Other placards reviewed with stroke and bullet and FLW found no issue with these as well.

Good luck this year Brian
    Well, that settles that.

We may run out of things to gripe about now. Not !!!

10. Member
    As an Allison owner issues with the boat are not typical so the only
    Things to complain about are the ambiguous rating plate and Mercury not allowing a sportmaster to be a choice on all the motors they make. The boats themselves are incredible

about time !

so you could also put a 250 on a 2003

After all the posts, talk and phone calls since Brian was told by FLW's legal department that his XB21/250 was ineligible to fish in FLW's tournaments.
    I figure when the FLW's legal department did review the placards ( I doubt they had ever read some of them until this was brought to there attention)
    Then it should be apparent that a Bullitt and Stroker would also have to be ineligible.
    If that was the case then FLW would have had a hard time explaining why.. It's ok for Andy Morgan who has won an AMAZING 1.8 million in career earnings to fish FLW.....But not ok for Brian !!
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 02-16-2016 at 07:39 PM.

In all fairness I never had a problem fishing there events with my 2003 or my 2002 with a 225, I even had the tournament director read my plate

Quote Originally Posted by myron View Post
    In all fairness I never had a problem fishing there events with my 2003 or my 2002 with a 225, I even had the tournament director read my plate
    3L or PMax ? I have a 200efi, and a 250 pro xs, can i run the 250 on my xb03 in FLW/BASS events ?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrgfm View Post
    3L or PMax ? I have a 200efi, and a 250 pro xs, can i run the 250 on my xb03 in FLW/BASS events ?
    yes... your plate doesn't issue max hrs pwr

Quote Originally Posted by cajunrgfm View Post
    One thing you may want to check out ..
    My 2003 also had an engine weight placard on the boat... I do not remember the exact wording but it gave a weight that was NOT to be exceeded. If I remember correctly Darris put it there to keep people from running the heavy 3 ltr's..

Odds are it would never be an issue -- But I also know how some anglers can't stand to get beat.. If you ever win a substantial amount of money some people will protest any little thing they can..

18. Member
    My 1999 2003 only says 90-150 horsepower recommended and says nothing about motor weight.

Back when I was fishing BASS a kid from Colorado showed up at Sam Rayburn with a 2003 and an Evinrude 225 on the back. He was not allowed to use his boat. That was 2000 I believe.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    1999 Allison w/01 200 Pro Max
    2000 Dodge w/Cummins