Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

08 zx200 how many gallons should i be able to put in a 25 gallon tank

I have 2 25 gallon tanks. I have read that you are not suppose to fill it too much because of the issue of getting gas in the vent line. But i'm only able to put about 18 gallons in each tank?

I have always filled mine all the way up to the cap and never had any issues. They will hold pretty close to 25.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

3. Member
    I have a 2009 iclass, I always fill mine to top.

4. Member
    Mine works full!

08 ZX200 have 2-24 gal tanks. I always open the rear lid and fill them to the top. I've never been low enough on fuel to run one tank , let alone both tanks empty.
    ******2008 ZX200/200 Yamaha Series 2******
    *God is great, beer is good ---- people are crazy*

6. Member
    Confirmed today I can only put 15 gallons in each tank. It was completely empty and filled to top with only 15 gallons. I'm honestly straight confused

Are you pumping gas full speed and getting back flow or are you pumping about 1/2 speed? At most pumps I have to go pretty slow or I will get fuel blowout when the gas is going in faster than the air can come out.

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

8. Member
    I pump slow with the nozzle upside down. The gas tank is full I can see it. That's what has me confused. It's almost like someone switched the tanks out to 15 gallon tanks and put the 24gallon stamp on it. Which
    I know no one would go through that trouble.

Can you get a picture of the label on the tank? I may be able to help with that info.

10. Member

here ya go.

Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    On my plastic tanks you can set a flashlight on top of tank and see the line of fuel in it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 98skeeter202 View Post
    On my plastic tanks you can set a flashlight on top of tank and see the line of fuel in it.
    And that's what I'm confused on. I can clearly see that when my gauge shows empty my tank is empty using the flashlight. I filled it up where I can see only about and inch left in the neck and its only 15 gallons

Is your tank a cube or does it go under the rear storage boxes? I didn't work for that company, but have years of experience in the fuel tank industry and with Skeeter. Yes, your tank shows to be a 25 gallon, and was produced on 7-19-07 during 1st shift Knowing the geometric shape of the tank will help. The larger tanks should be "L" shaped and go under the rear storage box. The ZX190 at the time had smaller tanks in them, just trying to figure out if you may have received a tank that had the wrong label on it.

14. Member
    Its an L shape like a corner desk and a "foot" that goes to the front. I'm tempted to pull the seats to see if i can see the end of the tank to see if its got gas.

I really appreciate the help though.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    Its an L shape like a corner desk and a "foot" that goes to the front. I'm tempted to pull the seats to see if i can see the end of the tank to see if its got gas.

I really appreciate the help though.
    You won't see squat pulling the seats. You can see all you want from the rear hatch. Good Luck.
    ******2008 ZX200/200 Yamaha Series 2******
    *God is great, beer is good ---- people are crazy*

16. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If you know the exact size of the tank do the math calculations and you will get the true size. On my old SX 190 it had 36 gallon stamped on there but when I did the math calculation according to the physical dimensions it only came out to a 31 gallons...... mathematic numbers don't lie like a stamp......so the actually size and what is stamped might be 2 different things......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Was there fuel in the tanks when you filled them? If you had 7 gallons in the tank that would explain why you could only add 18.

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    I have always filled mine all the way up to the cap and never had any issues. They will hold pretty close to 25.
    ,,,,I have an older bug but my wallet has been proven to take a full fill at any time,,,50 gal

19. Member
    Did you ever figure out what was going on with your gas tanks?

I am having a similar issue.

20. Member
    Basically nothing is wrong. lol.

Its just the design of the tank and how the float reads. As long as the float is in the top section of the tank it marks accurate on the fuel gauge. Once the gas ( and float ) gets down to where the long 'foot' section is, even though you still probably have 10-15 gallons in it, the float is so low it marks almost empty on the gauge. It don't really care for it, but other than changing out your tank i don't think there is anything you can do with that gauge and tank setup.

Now if you have lowrance hds units you can enter in your fuel information and with nema view it on your unit, but its still not like looking at the gauge and i'm not sure of the accuracy of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast