Thread: SEATS

SEATS

Have any of you"ll had to replace or repair your seats? The back of my passenger side seat is a mess. Threads are all coming undone.

2. Member
    Nope, no problems here. Has it had any abuse? Exposure to the elements?
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

3. Member
    No problems with mine but it is in a storage unit when not on the water.
    G3 HP200 DC
    Yamaha OX66 200 hp.
    68.8 at best speed yet

Water is my therapy

No problems with mine but is there any way you could post a pic or two? Just curious

5. Member
    I will try and post some pics. I do store it outside but I always have a cover on her. I think the Florida sun is a little tuff on them but I also think having the passenger have to step up to the back on the seats are a little tuff on them too.

6. Member
    If your is like mine, I just take the center seat out or some of the models have a fold down seat that is used as a step.
    G3 HP200 DC
    Yamaha OX66 200 hp.
    68.8 at best speed yet

Water is my therapy

7. Member

When I had my G3 2072 my bench console seat began popping loose at the seams where I would sit. I took it to an upholstery shop and they determined simple cotton threading had been used to stitch the seats vs. polyester marine grade threading. I was told my cotton thread could not be expected to last as long in the elements as polyester thread. For what it is worth my upholstery only saw the elements when I was fishing. It was otherwise stored or covered. The repair was very simple and inexpensive on my bench type seat.

Quote Originally Posted by fishwishin View Post
    When I had my G3 2072 my bench console seat began popping loose at the seams where I would sit. I took it to an upholstery shop and they determined simple cotton threading had been used to stitch the seats vs. polyester marine grade threading. I was told my cotton thread could not be expected to last as long in the elements as polyester thread. For what it is worth my upholstery only saw the elements when I was fishing. It was otherwise stored or covered. The repair was very simple and inexpensive on my bench type seat.
    +2

10. Member
    Are my seats beyond repair?

11. Member
    I would say no, but I'm not an upholsterer. I would take everyone's advice and remove the seats and have them evaluated by a professional. Now based on the cost of the repair estimate, you may choose to go another route.
    2008 G3 Eagle 170
    Yamaha 90 2 Stroke (TX Boat)

2007 G3 HP 170
    Yamaha 115 2 Stroke (MN Boat)

Quote Originally Posted by g3man View Post
    Are my seats beyond repair?
    Well if you go by only what we can see in the pics I would say definately not. It appears they just need to be resewn which as stated is no big deal compaired to replacing them. Pull them out, take them to an upholstry shop and get a quote-got nothing to lose. Good Luck

13. Member
    I can figure out how to take the bottom seats out, but how do I take out the backs?

I know it's been a while since you posted but I just wanted to add my two cents... the bench seat in my 2002 175 came apart at the seems. An upholstery shop quoted me two hundred to reupholster the whole seat. I didn't care much for the bench seat anyway so I just replaced the bench with a 3 piece set from the Boat Seat Store. Best decision I could have made. I ended up not using the middle folding seat/step after all because it was not very sturdy to step on. These are much better seats though and now I have a step in the middle to get to the back deck without loosing my balance on the bench and almost falling in the water constantly!

15. Member
    Thanks for all the replys. I was thinking about replacing the old with new ones also. I like the idea about eliminating the middle seat. I am going to check out the BSS site. Which ones did you use for your boat?