Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I would like to be able to turn on/off each transducer individually.....not all of them or none of them. Had to put a switch in for my ps21 that is on my trolling motor and out of water while searching for fish or structure with the ps30 and gt52 on the transom. Ordered a gt22 for under the tm...its going to just stay on out of the water unless i can find a way to turn it off individually.

Quote Originally Posted by cactusflyr View Post
    I would like to be able to turn on/off each transducer individually.....not all of them or none of them. Had to put a switch in for my ps21 that is on my trolling motor and out of water while searching for fish or structure with the ps30 and gt52 on the transom. Ordered a gt22 for under the tm...its going to just stay on out of the water unless i can find a way to turn it off individually.
    Why is staying on when out of the water a problem? My experience is that they do fine.

3. Member
    Good to know. Some will overheat out of water.

4. Member
    You can turn the PS21 off from the MFD. I forget the exact wording, but it has an option to "stop transmission" or something like that. I can also turn off my GT51m-TM the same way. I dont have a third transducer so I dont know how it would work with another one plugged into the 8 pin port, but I would assume it would also be able to be turned off.

I have a new 7610xsv with the latest software as of a few weeks ago.

By the way, Todd or someone said that the new ducers have an internal temp sensor and will turn off automatically if they get too hot or cold.

5. Member
    Saw that....just figured a 8 dollar switch was good insurance for a 1000.00 transducer. Will look more to see if I can find a way to turn them off individually.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    A switch is faster for sure and I dont see how it can hurt anything.

Yes, you turn off a sonar source via the Sonar menu using the Transmit control. If that Sounder has both 8 and 12 pin connectors, all transmits on 8 and 12 pin will be turned off.
    If you have an all-in-one ducer and turn off transmit from Traditional Sonar menu, it will turn off Traditional, Down, and Side on that specific Sounder’s transducer.

Also know that via the Power key menu, you can enable/disable all sonar sources on the boat.
    Garmin Pro Team

8. Banned
    thats what i do....hit the power key and select disable

9. Member
    ahhhh, thanks....just pushing the power button again and hitting the "disable all transducers" button. Will find it.

10. Member
    I agree with cactusflyr. Hit the power button, then choose what to turn off and what to leave on. With the 7610xsv you could have one of the combo transducers on the transom that you want left on while what's on the trolling motor you want turned off. Yes they do have thermal sensing and protection. To me still some risk. If you let it get so hot that it turns itself off, how long would you have to wait to use it again? Selective disable is a good idea.

11. Member
    Hit the power button, then choose what to turn off and what to leave on

I'll add that to the list.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Yes, you turn off a sonar source via the Sonar menu using the Transmit control. If that Sounder has both 8 and 12 pin connectors, all transmits on 8 and 12 pin will be turned off.
    If you have an all-in-one ducer and turn off transmit from Traditional Sonar menu, it will turn off Traditional, Down, and Side on that specific Sounder’s transducer.

Also know that via the Power key menu, you can enable/disable all sonar sources on the boat.
    Even in your solution, you are turning off the 8 and 12 pin transducers....got a gt22 for the tm, need the 52 on the back working. Also, saw the split for basic sonar but have not been able to use it yet because I have no basic transducers..:( that being said, the other spit screen option has 4 panels. Was able to make the top ones big and bottom ones small but want to have a true split screen...not 4 panels...any way to do this? How about the option for multiple split screens?

13. Member
    You can select the number of panels in any of the combo screens - 1, 2, 3, 4 etc when you customize the views. So you can make your own custom screen combos - or change the ones that are already set up - with any combination of screens you want. You can put anything in any panel - engine data, charts or sonar. You can also change the names of the combos. Im not sure how many different ones you can have, but its a lot.

Even in your solution, you are turning off the 8 and 12 pin transducers....got a gt22 for the tm, need the 52 on the back working. Also, saw the split for basic sonar but have not been able to use it yet because I have no basic transducers..:( that being said, the other spit screen option has 4 panels. Was able to make the top ones big and bottom ones small but want to have a true split screen...not 4 panels...any way to do this? How about the option for multiple split screens?

14. Banned

15. Member
    Thx. Will look harder. Spent 30 mins or so. Couldn't figure it out. Guess I will pick up the manual

16. Member
    I'm not sure what you are asking about the split screen. When you choose to set up a "Combo" screen you can choose what layout you want, then what you want in each panel. Some call that split screen. If you mean split frequency for two 2D sonar displays that's a little different. When you are setting up a panel you set ONE panel for traditional sonar. Then later you choose split frequency. That puts them both inside one panel - the Sonar panel. Hope that helps.

17. Member
    found it

18. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    I would like to be able, while running, when in the map page to be able to just scroll to a different area and hit mark for a way point rather that go through the menu.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain,CT.
    2000 R-81 Ranger, 2015 175 Pro-XS
    Disabled American Veterans, Life Member
    Vietnam Veterans of America, Life Member
    An Khe Vietnam, 66-67

19. Member
    I thought you could already do that - at least with the touch screen models? I seem to remember accidentally setting waypoints when I was first playing with my 7610. Anyone else?

20. Banned
    you can on the 7600 series. simply touch the screen anywhere on the map and select new waypoint

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast