8612 vs 1222xsv or 126sv livescope?

Looking to upgrade my livescope screen. I’m currently running a 93sv UHD so anything is going to be upgrade. My question is how much better is the 8612 vs 1222xsv or 126sv? I’m would also consider the 8610.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Of the 3 you mentioned, the 8610/8612 is the better unit in general. I dont have them so can say but some have said they can see a difference while others said no. I would think there would be some difference being the 8612 is a Full HD screen resolution.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    That’s exactly my thought process as well. Hopefully someone has some real world experience and can steer me one way or the other. There is a significant cost difference between all three units.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes, also, keep in mind that if you plan on adding another unit, it would have to be in the same family. GPSmap with GPSmap and Echomap with Echomap.....cant mix them up......i see where guys start with one unit and eventually they decide to add another and then only to find out they cant mix them up.....so something else to think about when figuring out what you want to do.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    I run the gpsmap8412 and have run an 8612 in the past. Both deliver outstanding images with livescope based on my experience. I fish a deep, clear lake, and can run livescope out to 150'.

6. Member
    I had the 8 series on my last rig. I was not able to tell much of a difference, so on my new rig, I went 1222.

7. Member
    I was in this delimea a while back I had(still) 1042xsv and wanted to upgrade. I was fortunate to have a BPS fairly close that had the 126, 8612, 1243 on display running. I clearly could see the difference. I went with the 8612. If you have the option of seeing all of them on display, I suggest taking the opportunity and making your own decision. The difference IMO surprised myself.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    I was in this delimea a while back I had(still) 1042xsv and wanted to upgrade. I was fortunate to have a BPS fairly close that had the 126, 8612, 1243 on display running. I clearly could see the difference. I went with the 8612. If you have the option of seeing all of them on display, I suggest taking the opportunity and making your own decision. The difference IMO surprised myself.

That's really the only way to do a fair comparison. See them at the same time, place, lighting, etc. Trying to compare one day on one boat with another day, different place and time and conditions is not so reliable.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    Garmin 8xxx are the best….if you have the money go with the best….