Question on Seaclear

Those of you that have installed the Seaclear wiring system, has anyone measured actual battery voltage versus voltage display at bow units? thinking of making a purchase. Currently staring battery is Group 31 AGM.

2. Member
    Yes I did, and switching to Seaclear gave me consistent voltage on all my graphs between battery and heads. I think it’s worth the money
    Risen From The Ashes!!

If you can run an extension cord to an appliance you can run wire to an MFD. It’s that simple. 6 or 8 gauge wire to ( I like duplex)a 30 amp breaker/switch on the positive lead. Add a Pos/neg buss at the console. From the console buss to either 8 or 10 gauge to a buss at the bow. Done!
    I buy my wire and fittings here.
    https://www.pacergroup.net/?gad_sour...oaAjlBEALw_wcB
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    If there's less voltage drop it's because the conductors are larger, more copper. Not because it says sea clear. You can get American made marine wire off amazon....buy the good stuff. IMO, you need a hydraulic crimper for 6 and larger.

5. Member
    You can make your own for quite a bit less. I ran one in my first boat. My second boat I remembered all it was a certain gauge Marine grade wire and connectors you can get on amazon. I made my own for a fraction of the cost. You're going to get voltage loss but with a heavier gauge air like they use, it will be minimal. My new boat I don't get much for voltage drop. The only one that has thrown me for a loop has been a Solix 15 on my dash. I have 12.7V but the graph displays 11.7-12 which is goofy. The Garmin 126 next to it displays the corrent voltage. I have even swapped the wires. I gave up on worrying about it.
    Last edited by Mach440; 04-17-2024 at 02:47 PM. Reason: modify text
    NPAA #803

6. Member
    The goal is to get large enough conductors to overcome voltage drop over the distance and load, and typically people aim for 3% for sensitive electronics. You can go bigger to reduce the percentage of drop, although it comes with the cost of money and weight. Depending what you run, 10 ga to the bow is fine for few and smaller graphs while larger graphs and more graphs likely need 8 ga.
    1985 Skeeter SF-175 & 1985 Evinrude 150 XP (with VRO removed)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JK9027 View Post
    If there's less voltage drop it's because the conductors are larger, more copper. Not because it says sea clear. You can get American made marine wire off amazon....buy the good stuff. IMO, you need a hydraulic crimper for 6 and larger.
    Yep.. I also watched a YouTube podcast yesterday that the Garmin guy specifically said when you get to 12.1 volts AT the black box that's when the picture will start degrading.
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs