Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Add Helm capabilities to Echomap Ultra... I have a two networked and did not know they were not Helm capable before the purchase.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkAnnie View Post
    Add Helm capabilities to Echomap Ultra... I have a two networked and did not know they were not Helm capable before the purchase.
    Yep, my ONLY disappointment is not being able to record livescope.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkAnnie View Post
    I'm 100% with you. They say it
    has all the tools you need for successful fishing. I need recording so I can learn and maybe teach others by making videos.

4. Member
    The ability to elect and save waypoints by a user defined box from the map. Lowrance has this available.

5. Member
    We currently can't upload our Quickdraw Contours files from our unit to the ActiveCaptain maps without first downloading/sharing them to the Quickdraw community, but it sure would come handy to do so.

When you "sync user data" with ActiveCaptain, it already upload the waypoints and routes from the unit, doing the same for the Contours shouldn't be that hard...

6. Member
    The ability to rollback to previous versions of software when the latest updates change your unit and images in a way that just doesn't work.
    Offer roll back software versions on the Garmin web page please!

7. Member

Ditto!
    2021 Ranger Z520R
    Mercury 250 ProXS
    3 Garmin 1 Humminbirds
    Garmin Force Trolling Motor

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    How about a separate transducer for perspective and forward use two monitors that was you get all the features and one doesn’t interfere with the other....turning the transducer is a pain .

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    How about a separate transducer for perspective and forward use two monitors that was you get all the features and one doesn’t interfere with the other....turning the transducer is a pain .
    This would be a real game changer

10. Member
    Shortcut for depth on livescope, Echomap Ultras here...

11. Member
    Livescope test app-

For purposes of diagnosis of on the water results, it would be interesting if Garmin could write in the software a test app, like calibrate does, to where the user could do an on the water test of the unit in forward, down and/or perspective vu. This test would be for a defined or selectable duration with parameters of the test defined by Garmin such that the data would be recorded and stored. It then could be downloaded and sent to Garmin.
    The purpose of this app would be to capture the users settings, results of Livescope operation and then allow diagnosis across multiple determinants.

Any on the water setting will have many conditions and may be changing but with all the inputs already going into the unit It should be possible to categorize the data, provide some performance results, and better diagnosis what’s going on for that particular snapshot. Even if the diagnostic is not completely refined, such as lower gain setting, it might provide multiple things to adjust. The results would appear for the parameters like the calibrate feature- key elements or possibly a whole range of results to review and adjust.

This would not be published as the end all panacea for every setting but would provide crucial on the water data and inputs that the Livescope is seeing.
    Likewise if you are using Livescope in a 10 mph current, during low tide, after 3 days of rain in the back of a creek during full on pollen bloom it might it provide actionable data. But it is data that would tell you just how good or bad the setting is.
    Last edited by MDBASSNPRO; 05-12-2020 at 06:54 AM.

12. Member
    MFD Remote in app - Wifi to cellular to internet to allow on the water remote in with Phone by Garmin tech. On the water troubleshooting with anyone you choose to share the screen..Obviously there would be an on and off feature to limit when sharing is allowed.

13. Member
    Lots of good suggestions here
    I would second that there needs to be better Track management (see Lowrance) .

Ability to turn networked Ultras ON/OFF independently. OR be able to disable sonar for a specific unit along with disable all sonar

I realize there is a whole thread on this, but even adding a TRANSMIT on/off next to the pause button would be nice. I try to minimize the time my transducers are pinging out of water. The way it is now you would have to go in and turn transmit off for LS and sonar. If you disable all sonar and then you go back to console , that unit is also disabled
    Last edited by Chelsea FC; 05-22-2020 at 12:10 PM.

14. Member
    Livescope adjustable with beam width

15. Member
    While using quickdraw in tidal areas the unit should draw tidal information from the nearest tide station so the information is accurate. Trying to record accurate information in tidal areas is nearly impossible. If the unit would monitor the nearest tidal station and automatically update it would be incredibly useful. With GPS and tidal data available I can not see how this could be really hard for engineers to do.

16. Member
    Where would one start? Like to have one that works as advertised, one that is not obsolete and discontinued 2 weeks after purchase, one that is up to date at purchase, not having to shell out a few hundred more to get better maps than the ones that are default installed, long list!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    Where would one start? Like to have one that works as advertised, one that is not obsolete and discontinued 2 weeks after purchase, one that is up to date at purchase, not having to shell out a few hundred more to get better maps than the ones that are default installed, long list!
    What model is yours and how much do you want for it ?

18. Member
    Add Helm capabilities to Echomap Ultra!!!! Also a quick way to adjust depth on Livescope.
    2022 920 Elite
    250 Pro XS

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelcrazy View Post
    While using quickdraw in tidal areas the unit should draw tidal information from the nearest tide station so the information is accurate. Trying to record accurate information in tidal areas is nearly impossible. If the unit would monitor the nearest tidal station and automatically update it would be incredibly useful. With GPS and tidal data available I can not see how this could be really hard for engineers to do.
    To have constant online connections would be painful I bet. Perhaps download the data as a ref file for quickdraw to check would be implementable. They have tidal data prediction weeks ahead. Until the advent of cheap, accurate (vertical measurement wise) consumer GPS, that's what we have to live with. (survey grade GPS handles this effortlessly)

20. Member
    You would not need a constant online connection. Even if it used the predictive charts based off your GPS location what would the average error be between 6 inches and a foot? If I was to go out and attempt to map the tidal hudson river near me right now even if I tried changing my depth offset every half hour based on the charts my unit showed I wouldnt be able to achieve that accuracy. I think if the unit somehow automatically did it would be great.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast