Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bksnaz View Post
    Make the menu auto hide on the new echomap chirp plus units. Would like to use the entire screen for imaging or panoptix.
    If your talking about the white touchscreen buttons on the bottom you can. its in the settings menu.

2. Member
    I did not notice that setting, will look for it again.

3. Member
    - Change or add to the instructions for the plus units, "how to mark waypoints on side imaging."
    - Ability to print out maps from quick draw.

- A cable/adapter to power an Echomap 73sv indoors. Not always sitting in my boat. Especially during the winter when it is stored away. (Don't want to buy a second cradle mount and a cable)
    - Instructions on how to store Quickdraw contour maps. (Can you store multiple location with different file names? Or do they need to be under 1 filename?)

5. Member
    I just purchased 93sv and 63cv ECHOMAP plus units and have discovered there's no way to share data between these two models. Currently I can enable this feature on the 63cv but unable to do so with the 93 leaving me having to copy and merge from a SD card to copy waypoint info between units.

6. Member
    I think you can do this on your phone with activecaptain. Compatibility chart shows UserData Manual Transfer for echoMAP Plus 6/7/9.
    https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch...Wq4FC16e9CsOEA
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I think you can do this on your phone with activecaptain. Compatibility chart shows UserData Manual Transfer for echoMAP Plus 6/7/9.
    https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch...Wq4FC16e9CsOEA

I haven’t messed with the app much yet but I will sure give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

8. Member
    Jgray81 - when you use your phone for active Captain, after setting up and naming the MFD -
    1. Touch WiFi on your phone
    2. Touch your MFD name
    3. I get a alert (drop-down) that says something like - this has no internet. You must touch this and then "accept", if I remember correctly.
    The above is for a Droid.
    It takes longer to connect with the MFD than it does to transfer waypoints.

9. Member
    A shoot-thru-the-hull transducer for side and down imaging.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRic View Post
    A shoot-thru-the-hull transducer for side and down imaging.
    That certainly would be a challenge!

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

11. Member
    I doubt there will be enough demand to fix this, but it just seems silly to have limited this option. I ordered the Lakevu Ultra card for my 73sv. The number one reason I paid for extra maps was the Dynamic Lake Level feature. I fish Lake Mead and it’s currently over 130 feet below full. Mead isn’t even remotely close to what’s depicted on the map. The ability to change the lake level on the map was a fanominal idea and huge for me to be able to see the current shoreline. Unfortunately the most you can add or subtract is 99.9 feet. This still leaves my map more than 30 feet off. I’m assuming this is just a software design issue that has limited the level by the number of digits you can alter. I’d really like to see this changed to 999.9. Of course you're never going to change it to that extent, but the fourth digit is required to go beyond 100 feet. I’d rather just move the decimal point and get rid of the tenths.

Replace the rolling text input with a qwerty style keyboard on the EchoMap units. I hate that rolling input method. Too many button presses to roll through the alphabet.
    jbird68

Morrison, IL

2006 Alumacraft Navigator 165 CS
    2006 90 HP Mercury Optimax
    80# Minn-Kota Terrova w/ iPilot

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgray81 View Post
    I just purchased 93sv and 63cv ECHOMAP plus units and have discovered there's no way to share data between these two models. Currently I can enable this feature on the 63cv but unable to do so with the 93 leaving me having to copy and merge from a SD card to copy waypoint info between units.
    Update to 6.0 software and use an Ethernet cable. Wish granted.

14. Member
    A system setting that enables battery voltage correction... such as an offset from what the unit has determined the boat battery voltage to be.

In my case I have 2 GPSMAP's 7410 that are networked installed side by side. Both units display my battery voltage but can differ by 0.2 volts. A simple battery voltage correction offset option would enable the units to show the same battery voltage.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    A system setting that enables battery voltage correction... such as an offset from what the unit has determined the boat battery voltage to be.

In my case I have 2 GPSMAP's 7410 that are networked installed side by side. Both units display my battery voltage but can differ by 0.2 volts. A simple battery voltage correction offset option would enable the units to show the same battery voltage.
    Same for 73 sv plus units.

16. Member
    Add a setting for QD to get the depth from a specific transducer on your network and not bounce to each of the 3.

17. Member
    1. Casting rings (customizable distance) to waypoints on all past and present Echomap fishfinders! Please! This is not the first request for better waypoint/casting guidance.

2. Remove non-necessary additional buttonpresses-- for screenshots and common functions. Again, not the first time this has been mentioned.

3. A "View" button or similar software option, to make cycling through essential views quick (perhaps the Home button double-pressed quickly would change to another view and three views could be assigned to this option.

18. Member
    Livescope to work with non-plus echomap units and to be under $500.
    Free map update to navionics for my 73sv.
    (well, it is what I would like to see )
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    1. Casting rings (customizable distance) to waypoints on all past and present Echomap fishfinders! Please! This is not the first request for better waypoint/casting guidance.
    I'd suggest we already have this covered. I use the Heading Line extension (adjustable to whatever distance you specify), coupled with the SteadyCast heading sensor. I have my line set at 60 feet. Then, with the Heading Line displayed, you can also add the feature called Angle Markers (automatically set to same distance as Heading Line, only in a complete circle around your current position.
    Garmin Pro Team

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    I'd suggest we already have this covered. I use the Heading Line extension (adjustable to whatever distance you specify), coupled with the SteadyCast heading sensor. I have my line set at 60 feet. Then, with the Heading Line displayed, you can also add the feature called Angle Markers (automatically set to same distance as Heading Line, only in a complete circle around your current position.
    What about those of us without the steadycast heading sensor ?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast