Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    in addition to mine above, how about a setting to only use 3 or 4 rays to cover 95* vertical to ripples on the surface?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

2. Member
    sorry if duplicated...

SCREENSHOT from any phisical button to gain menu bar surface for sounding image screen

for example long push to menu button, or button 1 etc (or customizable long push button )

3. Member
    How nice would it be, if we could edit our quickdraw contours?
    For example: my home lake is huge. 27 miles long and 6 miles wide. It would take years for me to map it completely. There are some spots where the contours are waaay off and others where they are spot on. Plus, the level will change a good 10' over the course of the year, so I can end up with miles and miles of inaccurate streaks across my map when I forget to turn quickness off. or, Even worse, map an area and forget to adjust the offset... Even a simple function to crop a section of map to save and/or delete without modifying the entire track would be extremely helpful!
    I imagine selecting an area of recorded contours (like a crop function) and adjusting the offset up or down until it matches existing contours, or deleting that section entirely.
    I feel like the select and delete function would be easy to add. Wouldn't it?
    Last edited by SamMule; 05-31-2019 at 12:02 PM.

4. Member
    Option for panoptix/livescope forward range to automatically adjust to 1x, 2x, 3x,4x the depth. There is automatic now but typically gives me way more range than I want.

5. Member
    love to see unit can play back recording sonar directly not thru homeport, and also expecting sonar can be recording altogether not just individually 2D for 2D, DV for DV, SV for SV
    Tangrine Orange Key 16604126S1

6. Member
    I would like to see a user adjustable ZOOM function so that I could focus on the area of the water column that I want.

7. Member
    With the release of the 8.40 version of software this spring, the pic advance function is now gone. I used this to make the screen scroll faster. Now it has a scroll speed setting. With the scroll speed set to 10 (highest setting), it does not scroll near fast enough to mark fish at 20-30 MPH. I was able to do this before with the pic advance on 8 to 1. Not familiar with Hummingbird but with Lowrance this is possible. This is a huge issue with walleye anglers attempting to mark suspended fish at higher speeds. This needs to be implemented in the next software update!

8. Member
    First post! Echomap Plus 93SV

Make lake levels match automatically. GPS knows where I am.
    The ability to make chart tracks different colors as I track different days.
    Vince

9. Member
    Okay after using my unit for four fishing trips, I don't care about the tracks anymore. I clear them every trip.
    I would love for the fish that I mark to be different colors for different days.
    Vince

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Screen shot for EC Plus and Ultra Plus units - when using the "home" button it covers information on bottom of screen there for you cant see it due to the whole menu showing up. My suggestion would be to place a camera icon or something in a corner of screen so that way we can see ALL data on screen.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    I would like to see something similar to FishReveal / smart target view for ClearVü.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

12. Member
    On Livescope. Turn off transducer pinging-power when you hit the pause button.
    So the transducer stops searching for a bottom signal when the trolling motor is stowed.

13. Member
    Better shading of maps.

Or better maps in general. Such as being able to use Navionic chips! They work in Lowrance and Humminbird units. Why wont they work in Garmin, especially since they are owned by them.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Better shading of maps.

Or better maps in general. Such as being able to use Navionic chips! They work in Lowrance and Humminbird units. Why wont they work in Garmin, especially since they are owned by them.
    Have you tried messing with the shading options? You can set up your own shading colors and depth ranges etc. I'm pretty happy with it.
    I will concur though, the difference between my Garmin maps and NAVIONICS is kind of frustrating. Specifically on my home lake, Navionics has a number of pretty scary stump fields that can become totally submerged when the water level is up even a little bit very well marked.. but they aren't on my Garmin maps. I've used Navionics to set up some warning waypoints for myself, but definitely pretty weak!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lobo View Post
    Have you tried messing with the shading options? You can set up your own shading colors and depth ranges etc. I'm pretty happy with it.
    I will concur though, the difference between my Garmin maps and NAVIONICS is kind of frustrating. Specifically on my home lake, Navionics has a number of pretty scary stump fields that can become totally submerged when the water level is up even a little bit very well marked.. but they aren't on my Garmin maps. I've used Navionics to set up some warning waypoints for myself, but definitely pretty weak!
    I haven't messed with it too much lately. I don't really see a setting that with fix the issue. The shading just doesn't follow the contours as well.

I have the Ultra chip. They have my local lake scanned in Ultra or whatever they call it. Depths are off by at least 5'. Underwater points and drop-offs don't show as clearly as Navionics. This is the only lake I've been to with the new units. I'm a bit afraid of what other lakes are going to look like if they aren't part of the Ultra scan.

16. Member
    I would like to see them update the force trolling motor controller to show how far away you are from your spot lock position, just like is on the MinnKota Ipilot models. So far this is the only thing that I don't like about the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by cbachman View Post
    I would like to see them update the force trolling motor controller to show how far away you are from your spot lock position, just like is on the MinnKota Ipilot models. So far this is the only thing that I don't like about the Force.
    A Force update just went live last night on ActiveCaptain.

Several minor remote improvements
    A change in the remote UI that allows either showing battery icon (red, yellow, green) or battery voltage. (Menu > Settings > Trolling Motor > Battery)
    A change in the remote UI that displays distance and bearing to the anchor point when in anchor lock.
    A change to allow the boat to remain in anchor lock after a device has disconnected if the unit was in anchor lock prior to the device disconnecting.

To update:

Connect ActiveCaptain to trolling motor (use the remote to set Wi-Fi to “ActiveCaptain” and make up name and password (Menu > Settings > Trolling Motor > Wi-Fi))
    Connect ActiveCaptain to the web and download the update (will be v2.30 for trolling motor)
    Connect ActiveCaptain back to the trolling motor. The update should push automatically to the trolling motor. This could take up to 30min.
    Once the update is finished pushing from the phone, reboot the trolling motor. Approximately 30 seconds after reboot the speed lights should start alternatively blinking. This means the trolling motor is updating.
    Once the trolling motor has completed updating, ensure the remote is on and connected. When it detects the remote needs to be updated, the trolling motor will start blinking its speed lights again, and the remote will show a 30 second countdown. At the end of the countdown the remote will reboot and show a gear icon, indicating it is updating. The update on the remote will take ~5min. If the update was successful the remote will be on v2.20.
    Garmin Pro Team

18. Member
    The 1042/1242 non touch have forward range and gain for Livescope accessible from the screen and adjustable via the rotary knob. Manually adjusting depth should be accessible the same way as it is used as often if not more by many of us. A very simple software tweak.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

19. Member
    Need option for waypoint Icon sizes.
    Small-Medium-Large

20. Member
    I would love to record livescope off my ultra 12, apart from that, awesome bit of gear.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast