Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Can we get a "split screen" option for Garmin Helm? The idea would be to display something different on the tablet from what is shown on the MFD. For example, have the chart on the tablet while looking at sonar on the MFD or sideview on the tablet while while looking at 2D or some combo screen on the MFD.

It would be very useful to be able to decide which screen view or combo view to send to the tablet and have that independent of the MFD screen.

Maybe you could pull up a view, make any adjustments you wanted to that view, and then send it to the tablet and have it locked in while you have other views on the MFD. You would then need to be able to "unlock" it later to make changes.

Can we please get this?
    Last edited by Larry3215; 11-26-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    I'd like to be able to choose the size of the waypoint icons. Everyone begged for them to be smaller, but they made them too darn small for my old eyes
    I agree x100!!!!!!!!

3. Member
    This isn't a software thing. Would like to see an extension to get my ps21 away from the barrel of my trolling motor..mounted on the side. 8 inches to a foot should do...cut down on the interference.

4. Member
    Include wifi and additional sharing options in/between the Echomap 7x and 9x series.
    DRASTICALLY reduce the price of the panoptix 'ducer.
    +10 on icon sizing.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

I want Homeport upgrade that allows you to view your QuickDraw maps on your Mac or PC. If you can do it with UltraMaxDef HD mapping on Homeport you should be able to view your hard earned QuickDraw map time on Homeport too.

6. Member
    Being able to see the create date of waypoints when viewing the waypoint on the unit. Better yet being able to filter waypoints by create date.

7. Member
    I don't know if it is possible but it would be great if the ps21tr software could be similar to the ps31 so you could adjust the beam angle...It would be an definite improvement for collision awareness using the forward vu feature... I know that the ps21tm has a smaller beam angle, which makes it better for collision awareness, but with deep v boats the sonar is partially blocked by the deep v...not such a good thing...

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/Panop...Install_EN.pdf

8. Member
    I'm not sure what this would be, but an easier/fast way to discriminate waypoints without having to type things in. Maybe you hit mark button then it gives you options for icons to mark it with? Like fish, rock pile, tree, brush pile, hazard. When I am fishing I mark things quick but rarely name them. Eventually you get so many marks its hard to remember what is what.

9. Member
    Being able yo overlay side imaging on the map would eliminate the need for a lot of mg previous post.

10. Member
    Overlay and save I should say

11. Member
    I wish They made a better Homeport- Express- Comunity for android.. When I take My SD card, I can plug it into my Android phone and downlaod pics.. But I have to use a PC to do everything else.. I think with society today and a leader in Electronics having to use a Desktop PC is very outdated... Other manufacturers are using WIFI and Bluetooth straight to our phones, but we are using the SD card slots on a PC... Plus, Homeport is just to outdated and complicated, Need to step it up... Right now, I can pickup my phone, transfer money from one bank acct to another, check my balances, Place a order and pay for it at Wendys, check the weather to see if its raining, to go get my lunch... Yep.. just did that while typing this... Step it up Garmin, Step it up...

12. Banned
    I just want a better Homeport

13. Member

New screenshot function for 7610xsv

My favorite unit is the 7610xsv. It is a first class unit with top performance. The most frustrating thing about using it is the screenshot implementation. A good screenshot function should require minimal user intervention and work quickly. Currently you have to press and hold the HOME key with steady pressing for 3-4 seconds before it will make a screenshot. If you finger bobbles or moves a little, the screen changes to the HOME screen instead of the one you wanted to make a screenshot of. This is not user-friendly, quick or so simple. Then if you do it right, you get a message requring you to respond OK after it tells you it made a screenshot. Or you have to wait while the unit input is tied up on this message for 7-8 seconds. Again, this is not user-friendly. Third it stores the screenshots as huge .bmp files requiring additional wait time while the unit creates and saves the screenshot, then gives you the message that you have to confirm or wait for it to disappear. The .bmp files are too big to post on any boards so if you want to post something you have to use additional software to convert the image to .png or .jpg files that will be accepted for posting. How many reasons does Garmin need to fix this?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    My favorite unit is the 7610xsv. It is a first class unit with top performance. The most frustrating thing about using it is the screenshot implementation. A good screenshot function should require minimal user intervention and work quickly. Currently you have to press and hold the HOME key with steady pressing for 3-4 seconds before it will make a screenshot. If you finger bobbles or moves a little, the screen changes to the HOME screen instead of the one you wanted to make a screenshot of. This is not user-friendly, quick or so simple. Then if you do it right, you get a message requring you to respond OK after it tells you it made a screenshot. Or you have to wait while the unit input is tied up on this message for 7-8 seconds. Again, this is not user-friendly. Third it stores the screenshots as huge .bmp files requiring additional wait time while the unit creates and saves the screenshot, then gives you the message that you have to confirm or wait for it to disappear. The .bmp files are too big to post on any boards so if you want to post something you have to use additional software to convert the image to .png or .jpg files that will be accepted for posting. How many reasons does Garmin need to fix this?
    If Garmin fixed this, more people would post screen shots - which is equivalent to free advertising for Garmin.

Actually, if they just listened to their customers......

How about breaking the mapping software up into sections. NW, SW, MID NE and SE? If they did, we could upload the map updates and not use up our 1 SD card slot.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall53 View Post
    How about breaking the mapping software up into sections. NW, SW, MID NE and SE? If they did, we could upload the map updates and not use up our 1 SD card slot.
    Or do it like they do with their street maps. With my Garmin Nuvi, I can download any part or parts I want - until the memory is full. Plus, I can change my mind if I want, and load a different section if I go out of state or outside the area I already have downloaded.

That would work better for those who live on the border lines between sections.

17. Member
    Hardware. An underwater camera that works with current mfds would be great.

I'd like to be able to zoom in on a specific area of the image or school of fish while using SI like HB and Lowrance does. That's a very helpful function IMO.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall53 View Post
    I'd like to be able to zoom in on a specific area of the image or school of fish while using SI like HB and Lowrance does. That's a very helpful function IMO.
    I agree. The way Garmin does the zoom now just distorts the image and doesnt help at all.

20. Member
    I would like to see a side imaging function that removes the water column..i.e..black area. This allows for more room to display the bottom and structure. My hb999 had this function, can't remember what they called it. Really helps with the display to find structure...what I am usually looking for when lmb fishing.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast